Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Any update on Sova playing this weekend?

Also, it seems like the later part of last year and so far this year, Mel find a lineup he likes and sticks with it, lineup changes are pretty non-existent. Anyone have opinions on if that's just how Mel is or there's a lack of depth for players that can play Mel's system. Maybe there'll be more lineup changes as Jamie recruits graduate and more Mel recruits get on campus.

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Just published an article on THG about one of our latest recruits, Alex Gillies from the Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL): Huskies make a splash in Salmon Arm and in case you missed it, I've been catching up on this fall's commitments:
      Brett Boeing - Shattuck-St.Mary's (MN): Boeing landing in Houghton
      Dane Birks - Merritt (BCHL): Huskies add another Blueliner for the Future
      Marcus Ericsson - Des Moines (USHL): College Hockey Sweden Camp Paying Dividends
      Tristan Rostagno - Arrowhead HS (WI): Wisconsin Prep Prospect Commits
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Speaking of DU, here is an article about a defenseman that has apparently had interest from DU, Union and Michigan Tech:
        http://www.thetimesherald.com/articl...tion-look-easy
        Seems like the kind of kid we should be looking at, was recently named NAHL defenseman of the month.

good player. i've watched him many times. skilled, offensive minded defenseman. he was invited to Green Bay's (USHL) main camp this summer.

here's a write up on the 2 MN kids that recently committed.

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-michigan-tech
        Last edited by eye4talent; 10-31-2012, 04:24 PM.
        "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Just published an article on THG about one of our latest recruits, Alex Gillies from the Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL): Huskies make a splash in Salmon Arm and in case you missed it, I've been catching up on this fall's commitments:
          Marcus Ericsson - Des Moines (USHL): College Hockey Sweden Camp Paying Dividends
          Good article Shirtless, thanks for doing it.

I have another question. Seems like we mostly forecheck two. Has anyone seen us forecheck with one or with three?
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            I have another question. Seems like we mostly forecheck two. Has anyone seen us forecheck with one or with three?
            I'm wit you I think I've only noticed the two man forecheck pretty regularly.

From twitter, Sova likely out 4-6 weeeks wtih a small fracture in wrist/hand area.

Comment

Good job as always on the write ups. much appreciated.
              "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                I'm wit you I think I've only noticed the two man forecheck pretty regularly.

From twitter, Sova likely out 4-6 weeeks wtih a small fracture in wrist/hand area.
                So he might be back for GLI. or a little before. I'm hoping to see what Hyland has.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  So he might be back for GLI. or a little before. I'm hoping to see what Hyland has.
                  Based on quotes from last weekend, sounds like he'll continue to be replaced in the lineup by Davis.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Mel seemed happy with Davis' play last weekend; said he has come a long way. So I figure we'll continue to see him in the lineup for the next few weeks, unless he also gets injured or really screws up.

Comment

Per Stephen Anderson, Genoe will start tomorrow night. Lots of line and pairing changes forthcoming in tomorrow's DMG articles.

Comment

Well official sources now confirm what we all feared - The Winter Classic is on the scrap heap and the outdoor GLI will likely follow in short order. However at NHL.com their top story is "Please donate to hurricane victims..." Hey how about play some hockey games and donate the proceeds to help the cause along with all us non-millionaires that are helping those displaced on the East coast of North America?

My fear is that the Winter Classic was the finger in the water retaining wall. Now that they've pulled the plug on the WC, other than the playoffs, what is left worth saving of this seaso?. Another lost season makes me sick and two lost seasons in less than a decade... I hope the NHL is pleased with the mess they've made of one of the best professional hockey leagues in the world.

Ryan J
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                          good player. i've watched him many times. skilled, offensive minded defenseman. he was invited to Green Bay's (USHL) main camp this summer.

here's a write up on the 2 MN kids that recently committed.

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-michigan-tech
                          And it's official, Mark Evan Auk commits to Michigan Tech today while on a campus visit. I think it's a good pickup at his age, he should be in USHL next year and seems to be another high ceiling kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            Well official sources now confirm what we all feared - The Winter Classic is on the scrap heap and the outdoor GLI will likely follow in short order. However at NHL.com their top story is "Please donate to hurricane victims..." Hey how about play some hockey games and donate the proceeds to help the cause along with all us non-millionaires that are helping those displaced on the East coast of North America?

My fear is that the Winter Classic was the finger in the water retaining wall. Now that they've pulled the plug on the WC, other than the playoffs, what is left worth saving of this seaso?. Another lost season makes me sick and two lost seasons in less than a decade... I hope the NHL is pleased with the mess they've made of one of the best professional hockey leagues in the world.

Ryan J
                            Well there goes my theory. Very sad to be an NHL fan. Thank god we have colleg puck.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I would punch a puppy right now if I could

Comment

Absolutely pathetic effort tonight, *** is the team doing. Losing hope quick here, if we can't even beat them what are we going to do against the better teams.
                                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Working...
                                X