Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    So how is it 5? Tech and DU played at the New World Arena? I misread the question, thought you had asked all the placed MTU had played in Colorado...
    Yes the played at the New World on Sat?sun when the old DU Barn was tore down and the Magness had not been built yet in1999. They played the last series in the Springs then played DU again the following week for the playoffs at the Coliiseum.

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
      Another sign that MTU may have overpriced their hockey video streaming, it looks like you can buy a one month pass to watch DU hockey for $9, compared to Tech's $12 a game.
      Is that just for hockey? Any info on other streaming prices?

I see this road trip being a bigger test then UMN. LSSU was a first game feel things out. No more underestimating things

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
        Is that just for hockey? Any info on other streaming prices?

I see this road trip being a bigger test then UMN. LSSU was a first game feel things out. No more underestimating things
        MN's 3rd and 4th lines have more talent than DU's top line. Tech should roll.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          MN's 3rd and 4th lines have more talent than DU's top line. Tech should roll.
          *erm*

Uh, bad road game. Need to rebound tomorrow. That's all from me.

Comment

Mel's postgame thoughts after the 5-1 loss:
            Score flatters us, we got outplayed from the opening faceoff,
            Our chances were far and few between, that was a clinic tonight
            We just made it too easy on them, we didn't battle to beat guys or get to the net
            frustrating, guys are disapointed, they wona a majority of 1 on 1 battles
            We got out goaltended, out everything
            PP was decent, in 3rd it was a little too little too late
            Having Tanner kicked out, really disrupted things
            We'll have to put it behind us, and move to tomorrow, have to learn how we handle a bit of success, we have a good team, players understand we can play better
            We wont win many games with that type of effort
            Didn't like the goal on Phoenix 14 secs in 3rd, back breaker, that's why he made the change, Copley sprinkled in good saves, but have to make saves on ones you should
            Davis was good, a little nervous, a couple bobbles with th epuck like on DUs 5th goal
            Mel will watch tape and decide on changes
            we need to learn how to play on the road

Comment

So, how much does everyone think Tech will win by tomorrow night? I'm thinking it will be closer than most expect, something around 3 goal win for Tech.
              This.
              DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
              sigpic
              WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

I hope the queers from Denver have fun circle jerking in that series thread they started.
                And this. BigBLue has not a clue.
                DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                sigpic
                WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

disappointing.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                    Another sign that MTU may have overpriced their hockey video streaming, it looks like you can buy a one month pass to watch DU hockey for $9, compared to Tech's $12 a game.
                    Seriously? $12 a game? That's ridiculous.
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

hopefully we can shake this off. different goalie for DU. (probably for Tech too) DU looked nowhere as strong as the Gophers.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

I hope we see some better play out there tonight, more hustle and better puck control.
                        Last edited by bose301s; 10-27-2012, 04:29 PM.
                        2005-2006: 7-25-6
                        2006-2007: 18-17-5
                        2007-2008: 14-20-5
                        2008-2009: 6-25-7
                        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Good article on Tech Hockey Guide about recruit Brett Boeing

http://www.techhockeyguide.com/2012/...g-in-houghton/

It does a good job of comparing other similar players and showing what kind of recruit he is, good be a good get.

Comment

Watching UND and AA. If the UND announcers say "last year of the WCHA" one more time I'm going to jump through my television and strangle someone.

Comment

we really strugged with their Defense tonight, no realy odd man rushes except the Rix SHG
                              on the PP, really seemed like teh Jamie Russel days, shoot from the blueline and hope something good happens

Mel's postgame interview:
                              We put ourselves behind the 8 ball in 1st period, thought we'd be in good shape, even when Rix scored, thought we wre good, but floodgates open
                              The penalties weren't penalties to save goals or anything, weren't team penalties
                              And 5x3 PP, not scoring, was critical
                              Our Kill on DU's 5x3 was good
                              Like our team, Du is best team we've seen
                              They're good with thier sticks, experiences, we outshot them, out attempted them, they scored timely goals
                              We were pressing, trying to make things happen, then give up good scoring opportunity
                              We need to stay the course, we'll score
                              We got most traffic in front of thier net, Murray was good, but he had some luck with him too,
                              When we needed a critical save, we didn't get it
                              Doesn't get any easier next weekend against UNO,
                              Back to work, but like a lot of things, need to work on areas we don't like, it's not anything major, individual mistake or bad play, a lot of little things
                              Rix working hard
                              Johsntone brothes are sitting on 0 goals, guys press and thinking offense instead of defense
                              Copley made some great saves, but a couple Mel didn't like 3rd and 4th goal, need to make those, may have been screened on 3rd goal, had no chance on 5th goal
                              We'll get back to work, see how trip goes Sunday, prob light Monday, work hard Tues/Wed, back off Thur practice
                              Fans have to be patient, good things will happen, we have a good team, this is a tough place to play, good reason their' #5 in country

Comment

my postgame thoughts.

disappointed obviously as I had hoped for a split. but there are alot of upsides to this team. freshman and sophomores are getting lots of playing time and experience. Copley has the ability to make big saves. Gould, Kero, Rix all look strong. Denver is a strong team and we played right with them, despite the George Gwozdecky sponsored reffing. guys hung in there and played their hearts out right to the last seconds. personally, I havent given up on this team. better days.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Working...
                                X