Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

I like Eick!

In fact, that slogan has a presidential ring to it. Can we start a write-in campaign for president?
    Huskeeeeez

Comment

• Re: '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Originally posted by MacInnes Diehard View Post
      I like Eick!

In fact, that slogan has a presidential ring to it. Can we start a write-in campaign for president?
      Nice! It's not too late to get some t-shirts printed up.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        This info is not on the TH Guide with the other recruit stats, though, and the USHL website is truly terrible.
        Fixed. Not sure how I lost him.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          As for Jackson, he doesn't come from a program that as historically good as some of other Minnesota recruits Furne & Sova (Hill-Murray), Hyland (Woodbury), or Boeing (Shattuck) but the kid can score.
          Furne played for Tartan as a 9th and 10th grader. Tartan's problem is that they lose all of their good players to H-M.
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Eick is a heck of a skater and playmaker but he needs better scoring sense. At the MN game, he had a ton of shots, some high quality chances all alone, but he wasn't very creative with the puck.....no dekes, nothing crafty, just whacked it at the net. Petan on the other hand, has amazing scoring sense and seems to read goalies very well. I think we have both these guys for 4 years....small guys need to put up insane stats to get pulled into the pros early. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I'd be surprised if Grimaldi doesn't play his full eligibility. What's got into Rix and Chad Pietila? Looks like they play better when the pace is crazy fast.
            Last edited by UpNorthHockey; 10-23-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
              Eick is a heck of a skater and playmaker but he needs better scoring sense.
              Yes but that has nothing to do with his presidential campaign. (Big Bill Clinton has a terrific "scoring sense", look where that ended up - Eick will uphold the dignity of the office!)
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                Yes but that has nothing to do with his presidential campaign. (Big Bill Clinton has a terrific "scoring sense", look where that ended up - Eick will uphold the dignity of the office!)
                *groan*

I don't think Eick is a pure scorer, I think Mel just wants to see him shoot more instead of looking to pass most of the time. A lot of funny bounces happen, even when the guy taking the shot can't snipe it. If Eick shoots from the left wing, it might rebound to Rix or C. Pietila who are (hopefully) crashing the net. It could also be redirected off bodies/sticks and in. We're talking about NCAA goalies here, and most of them are not the next Jon Quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  yes but that has nothing to do with his presidential campaign. (big bill clinton has a terrific "scoring sense", look where that ended up - eick will uphold the dignity of the office!)
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Maybe I just didn't see the post, but in case it wasn't posted, Copley is WCHA rookie of the week!

Comment

It's definitely possible to shoot at a goalie so as to create a rebound. If Eick can do that effectively and can learn to read goalies he would be terrific. All he really needs to do is get the goalie moving a little bit.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                        Maybe I just didn't see the post, but in case it wasn't posted, Copley is WCHA rookie of the week!
                        !!!! yeah!
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                          Well-deserved - .908 SV% for a freshman goalie with only one career start before last weekend, against a Gopher team that is still likely to end up finishing #1 in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Well, it was a solid weekend, but I was glad to hear the players weren't happy with the split. Most Tech teams in the past 30 years would consider any split a success.
                            That is very good news. Attitudes and expectations must change before the Perpetual Losing Culture can change.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              Saturday was either a 35 anniversary GLI jersey or a new white depending on whether they sold all the tickets...don't know if they sold all the tickets.
                              Son of a.... That goes to show what happens when I cancel a trip up there. Bummer, that GLI jersey would have been a nice addition. Did they raffle two jerseys on Friday night or did the winner just get to pick one or the other?
                              Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

The writer puts Blake P. in the "likely" category.

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012...ter/#more-5153
                                "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Working...
                                X