PDA

View Full Version : '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

MacInnes Diehard
10-23-2012, 10:29 AM
I like Eick!

In fact, that slogan has a presidential ring to it. Can we start a write-in campaign for president?

geezer
10-23-2012, 10:38 AM
I like Eick!

In fact, that slogan has a presidential ring to it. Can we start a write-in campaign for president?

Nice! It's not too late to get some t-shirts printed up.

Flashy Man
10-23-2012, 11:04 AM
This info is not on the TH Guide with the other recruit stats, though, and the USHL website is truly terrible.

Fixed. Not sure how I lost him.

MaizeRage
10-23-2012, 11:09 AM
As for Jackson, he doesn't come from a program that as historically good as some of other Minnesota recruits Furne & Sova (Hill-Murray), Hyland (Woodbury), or Boeing (Shattuck) but the kid can score.

Furne played for Tartan as a 9th and 10th grader. Tartan's problem is that they lose all of their good players to H-M.

UpNorthHockey
10-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Eick is a heck of a skater and playmaker but he needs better scoring sense. At the MN game, he had a ton of shots, some high quality chances all alone, but he wasn't very creative with the puck.....no dekes, nothing crafty, just whacked it at the net. Petan on the other hand, has amazing scoring sense and seems to read goalies very well. I think we have both these guys for 4 years....small guys need to put up insane stats to get pulled into the pros early. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I'd be surprised if Grimaldi doesn't play his full eligibility. What's got into Rix and Chad Pietila? Looks like they play better when the pace is crazy fast.

geezer
10-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Eick is a heck of a skater and playmaker but he needs better scoring sense.

Yes but that has nothing to do with his presidential campaign. (Big Bill Clinton has a terrific "scoring sense", look where that ended up - Eick will uphold the dignity of the office!)

FadeToBlack&Gold
10-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Yes but that has nothing to do with his presidential campaign. (Big Bill Clinton has a terrific "scoring sense", look where that ended up - Eick will uphold the dignity of the office!)

*groan*

I don't think Eick is a pure scorer, I think Mel just wants to see him shoot more instead of looking to pass most of the time. A lot of funny bounces happen, even when the guy taking the shot can't snipe it. If Eick shoots from the left wing, it might rebound to Rix or C. Pietila who are (hopefully) crashing the net. It could also be redirected off bodies/sticks and in. We're talking about NCAA goalies here, and most of them are not the next Jon Quick.

huskyfan
10-23-2012, 03:06 PM
yes but that has nothing to do with his presidential campaign. (big bill clinton has a terrific "scoring sense", look where that ended up - eick will uphold the dignity of the office!)

:)

oldish husky
10-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Maybe I just didn't see the post, but in case it wasn't posted, Copley is WCHA rookie of the week!

manurespreader
10-23-2012, 07:02 PM
It's definitely possible to shoot at a goalie so as to create a rebound. If Eick can do that effectively and can learn to read goalies he would be terrific. All he really needs to do is get the goalie moving a little bit.

huskyfan
10-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Maybe I just didn't see the post, but in case it wasn't posted, Copley is WCHA rookie of the week!

!!!! yeah!

FadeToBlack&Gold
10-23-2012, 11:16 PM

Well-deserved - .908 SV% for a freshman goalie with only one career start before last weekend, against a Gopher team that is still likely to end up finishing #1 in the country.

The_Commissioner
10-24-2012, 04:09 AM
Well, it was a solid weekend, but I was glad to hear the players weren't happy with the split. Most Tech teams in the past 30 years would consider any split a success.

That is very good news. Attitudes and expectations must change before the Perpetual Losing Culture can change.

JohnsonsJerseys
10-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Saturday was either a 35 anniversary GLI jersey or a new white depending on whether they sold all the tickets...don't know if they sold all the tickets.

Son of a.... That goes to show what happens when I cancel a trip up there. Bummer, that GLI jersey would have been a nice addition. Did they raffle two jerseys on Friday night or did the winner just get to pick one or the other?
Ryan J

eye4talent
10-24-2012, 12:21 PM
The writer puts Blake P. in the "likely" category.

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012/10/23/u-s-world-junior-watch-locks-likelies-and-bubble-players-for-u-s-roster/#more-5153

mtu_huskies
10-24-2012, 04:30 PM
The writer puts Blake P. in the "likely" category.

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012/10/23/u-s-world-junior-watch-locks-likelies-and-bubble-players-for-u-s-roster/#more-5153

I saw that as well, good for Blake if he makes it, but I kind of wish we had him to help win the GLI!

Twitter updates from Stephen Anderson:
Team leaves tonight for longest road trip of season
Gould will be with Eick and Rix on Friday
C. Pietila moving to Johnstone brothers line to try and jump start them
Copley and Phillips are the two goalies making the trip
Sova has small cast on his wrist and is not going, Davis taking his place in lineup
Hyland is extra D traveling and Hietila is extra Forward

Shirtless Guy
10-24-2012, 04:50 PM
I saw that as well, good for Blake if he makes it, but I kind of wish we had him to help win the GLI!

Twitter updates from Stephen Anderson:
Team leaves tonight for longest road trip of season
Gould will be with Eick and Rix on Friday
C. Pietila moving to Johnstone brothers line to try and jump start them
Copley and Phillips are the two goalies making the trip
Sova has small cast on his wrist and is not going, Davis taking his place in lineup
Hyland is extra D traveling and Hietila is extra ForwardInteresting to see Brown and Lickteig not making the trip...

redwing61
10-24-2012, 05:28 PM

Well, I get my wish. Hope Davis' play earns him a regular spot, but if not, bring on Hyland.

The Troll mtu86
10-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Son of a.... That goes to show what happens when I cancel a trip up there. Bummer, that GLI jersey would have been a nice addition. Did they raffle two jerseys on Friday night or did the winner just get to pick one or the other?
Ryan J

Friday night they only raffled off one black jersey #33. Saturday night they had the gold GLI jersey + an additional white jersey IF all the tickets were sold. They didn't sell all the tickets. So they only raffled off the gold one.

JohnsonsJerseys
10-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Saturday night they had the gold GLI jersey + an additional white jersey IF all the tickets were sold.
They rarely sell all the raffle tickets, but I have been there on a few nights when they have manged to do it.
;)
However, I can't remember the last time I saw 3000+ attending the games so they do have a much better chance with that kind of attendance. The most impressive part was that was for a "premium price" game.

Ryan J