Wednesday Women is back!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Women is back!!!!

Our weekly give-and-take discussion on all things related to the women's D-I game makes its season debut today:

http://www.uscho.com/2012/10/10/wedn.../?preview=true
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Re: Wednesday Women is back!!!!

Glad to see you two back in action! Your candid assessments of the various teams are always well worth reading.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Thanks!! We enjoy writing this column a lot.
      "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Glad to see you two back in action! Your candid assessments of the various teams are always well worth reading.
        Here Here. Great Read.

Comment

Wednesday Women: Topsy-turvy

"Yes, No. 1 Minnesota can be stopped."

Say it ain't so, Arlan, say it ain't so!

http://www.uscho.com/2012/10/17/wedn...n-topsy-turvy/

Comment

Lots going on this week:

http://www.uscho.com/2012/10/24/wedn...ats-on-second/

Comment

I winced when I read this excerpt from Candace: "...Minnesota-Duluth is a mercurial team that, though struggling, I think is capable of beating any squad in the country except Minnesota." I would bet big bucks that the Gopher team and coaches do not share this sentiment as they prepare for this weekend's series in Duluth.

http://www.uscho.com/2012/10/31/wedn...offenses-rule/

Comment

This is the quote I liked best:

How do you see the WCHA after Minnesota now that everyone has played at least six conference games?

Candace: I don’t know; alphabet soup perhaps?

P.S....Great Job by Arlan and Candace on the weekly reports.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post

How do you see the WCHA after Minnesota now that everyone has played at least six conference games?

She also mentioned looking forward to Saturday's BU - BC match-up, in which case, she should watch the preview tonight

No. 3 BU Hosts No. 8 BC on Wednesday; BU All-Access Airs Pregame
                  Terriers defeated then-No. 3/4 Eagles, 4-2, to open season

Freshman Sarah Lefort lit the lamp twice against Boston College in the season opener.

Oct. 30, 2012

Watch BU All-Access Live

Watch | Listen (WTBU) | GameTracker | @BUGameDay | Game Notes

The Last Meeting
                  Boston University 4
                  Boston College 2
                  October 5, 2012
                  Chestnut Hill, Mass.
                  No. 6 Terriers Top No. 3/4 Boston College, 4-2, in Season Opener
                  Freshman forward Sarah Lefort scored her first two collegiate goals as the No. 6 Boston University women's ice hockey team defeated No. 3/4 Boston College, 4-2, on Friday night at Conte Forum.

Recap | Box Score
                  The No. 3 Boston University women's ice hockey team will welcome No. 8 Boston College to Walter Brown Arena on Wednesday night to begin a home-and-home series. Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m.

Prior to the game, BU All-Access will air live from the arena lobby beginning at 6 p.m. Head coach Brian Durocher will be the first guest of the show, which will be hosted as always by Bernie Corbett and Brian Maurer. Other guests include Sean Escobedo of the men's ice hockey team, Dom Morris and Rashidat Agboola of the men's and women's basketball teams, respectively, and Nestor Taffur of the wrestling team.

With the game falling on Halloween night, the BU student with the best costume will win a brand new 40" HDTV. In addition, all student groups that bring a carved or decorated pumpkin to the game will win free food from Domino's or Raising Cane's.

BU (7-1-0, 3-0-0 WHEA) will look to best the Eagles for the second time this season, as the Terriers defeated BC (2-3-0, 1-2-0 WHEA), 4-2, in the season opener on Oct. 5. The Terriers have won four of the last five meetings between the two teams, outscoring the Eagles, 20-8, in that stretch.

Wednesday night's contest will conclude a five-game homestand, during which BU went 4-1-0 and won all four contests at Walter Brown Arena. The Terriers topped Maine (4-2) and Robert Morris (3-0) this past weekend to continue their three-game win streak.
                  Freshman Sarah Lefort was named Hockey East Co-Rookie of the Week after she scored twice in the win over Robert Morris. It is the third time Lefort has been named Rookie of the Week. She leads the Terriers with eight goals and is fourth on the team in points with nine behind junior Marie-Philip Poulin (3g, 12a) and seniors Isabel Menard (3g, 8a) and Jill Cardella (2g, 8a).

Junior Kerrin Sperry posted her first shutout of the season on Saturday, making 24 saves in the process. She improved her record to 6-1-0, with senior Alissa Fromkin collecting the Terriers' other win on Friday night against Maine.

BC enters Wednesday's contest after it hosted Minnesota-Duluth this past weekend, with each team earning a victory. The Eagles lost the first game, 3-2, before they topped the Bulldogs, 3-2, in the finale.

Three players are tied for the team lead in points with five, including freshman Haley Skarupa (3g, 2a), sophomore Alex Carpenter (2g, 3a) and sophomore Emily Field (1g, 4a). Field leads the team in assists, while Skarupa and senior Ashley Motherwell are tied at the top of the leaderboard with three goals each.

Senior goaltender Corinne Boyles has earned both of the Eagles' wins this season, including a 21-save victory on Friday against Minnesota-Duluth. Sophomore Megan Miller has started two games and lost both, though both losses were both one-goal defeats.

Following Wednesday's contest, the teams will conclude the regular-season series, barring a meeting in the 35th annual Women's Beanpot, on Saturday afternoon at Conte Forum. Game time is set for 2 p.m.
                  "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Agreed....Great Job

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                      She also mentioned looking forward to Saturday's BU - BC match-up, in which case, she should watch the preview tonight
                      And the lopsided scores continue. Did not see that result tonight coming either.

Comment

And the lopsided scores continue. Did not see that result tonight coming either.
                        BU was off their game for sure. Just me, but I don't always understand the Terrier's line rotations. Seems like a select few are sometimes picked for an exhausting night, and it showed.
                        "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

I'm not sure what happened in the editing room, but this week's Wednesday's Women looks like it's going to roll right through to Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                            Actually, it was so good that they had to do a double take.

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/2012/11/14/wedn...f-the-madness/

Candace said: "Also, we have a barnburner coming in Columbus, with Wisconsin traveling to Ohio State. I think it will give us a good read on whether Wisconsin has truly turned a corner, because as recently as last season, this is a series that wouldn’t have even been up for discussion, in terms of who would win."

While I admit I would have never predicted it, the Buckeyes were victorious in their last meeting with the Badgers last season, by a 4-2 margin in Madison.
                              Last edited by D2D; 11-15-2012, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X