'Mack @ NU 10/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Mack @ NU 10/10

Merrimack won the season series last year 2-0-1, and Warriors have won 3 straight at Matthews (always a tough place to play). Sam Marotta looked strong in net in the win over Union, and nice to see them get 4 goals as offense might be a struggle this season. Fan favorite Bigos might be out. That should help keep the penalties down.
    Which Rawlings shows up for the Huskies?
    I like MC in this one, 3-2.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: 'Mack @ NU 10/10

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
    Merrimack won the season series last year 2-0-1, and Warriors have won 3 straight at Matthews (always a tough place to play). Sam Marotta looked strong in net in the win over Union, and nice to see them get 4 goals as offense might be a struggle this season. Fan favorite Bigos might be out. That should help keep the penalties down.
    Which Rawlings shows up for the Huskies?
    I like MC in this one, 3-2.
    We may see the debut of Rasmus Tirronen in net, Coach Dennehy had stated there will be a rotation early on to assess what they have. But Marotta's performance was certainly worthy of an encore. Looking forward to the home-opener Dog Pound crowd. (There will be a Mack Pack in attendance as well.)

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      Dog Pound crowd.
      incorrect
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

We may see the debut of Rasmus Tirronen in net, Coach Dennehy had stated there will be a rotation early on to assess what they have. But Marotta's performance was certainly worthy of an encore.
        From an outside view, I would be very surprised anyone but Marotta in net. Going on the road into the #5 team in the nation at the time and stopping 33/34 en route to a 4-1 win. I don't see how one can say, "Thanks for the great effort, kid, now it's the other guy's turn". It's the first HE road game with points on the table. I would think any goalie in the same scenario would have to be given another game with his confidence very high. After a ten-day break, where Merrimack goes to Alaska or host Vermont a weekend later, I could see a most standard rotation taking shape.
        - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          incorrect
          Whatever.
          National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
          Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
          two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
          b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Per the usual with these two teams, I expect it to be a physical borderline chippy affair. With Bigos potentially out, it will be interesting to see who gets inserted as the 6th D-man amongst the froshs. Regardless, I think the top two pairings will receive the bulk of the mins. As is typically the case with Rawlings if you don't get on him early he can get into a good groove and burn you. That combined with this being the HE opening night, and Matthews probably bumping, you have to hope MC can come out strong or it could be a tough one. Wouldn't be surprised to see yet another OT game between these two squads. Prediction: MC 2- NU 1 OT

Comment

Looking forward to the home-opener Dog Pound crowd.
              You guys playing BU tonight?
              Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Big game for both teams tonight. Games like tonight can bite you in the ***** when looking at seeding down the road in late February. I think Merrimack will start Marotta tonight and let both goalies play in Alaska and home against Vermont. I think it will be a close game tonight and it could go either way. Both teams have a game under their belt, but I think Marotta wins MC another 2-1
                Rinks Visited
                DCU Center
                Tulley Forum
                TD Garden
                Tsongas Arena
                J. Thom Lawler Arena
                Conte Forum
                Whittemore Center
                Agganis Arena
                Verizon Center
                Gutterson Fieldhouse
                Matthews Arena
                Thompson Arena
                Mullins Center
                Alfond Arena
                Schneider Arena
                Magness Arena
                Ingallas Arena
                Hart Center
                Prudential Center
                TD Bank Sports Center
                John A Ryan
                Lynah Rink
                Appleton Arena
                Cheel Arena
                Germain Arena
                XL Center
                Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

We may see the debut of Rasmus Tirronen in net, Coach Dennehy had stated there will be a rotation early on to assess what they have. But Marotta's performance was certainly worthy of an encore. Looking forward to the home-opener Dog Pound crowd. (There will be a Mack Pack in attendance as well.)
                  Ummm....the Dog Pound is located somewhere along a nondescript section of Comm. Ave. The Dog House is located in an historic art-deco building in the fashionable Back Bay. Gotta keep the important things in life straight.
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Wednesday night home opener...well done, Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Wednesday night home opener...well done, Hockey East.
                      Seriously, if you have to throw a Wednesday night in the schedule, why not in Jan. of Feb.? Stupid...

Comment

Because EVERY Hockey East season should open up at historic Matthews Arena. On a Wednesday. That is why. Where else should league play open? Lowell on a Tuesday? Please.
                        DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Let the Kevin Roy show begin.
                          Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                          Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Wednesday...it's the new Friday.

Already thinking about my first cold one at Our House.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              Ummm....the Dog Pound is located somewhere along a nondescript section of Comm. Ave. The Dog House is located in an historic art-deco building in the fashionable Back Bay. Gotta keep the important things in life straight.
                              I had always thought everything past Mass Ave was considered part of the Fens, not Back Bay?

Comment

Working...
                              X