Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Per Freep: O'Connor to start Friday, Saturday undetermined. That...doesn't make sense. MacGregor sits for Oksinen. (sp?)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by limey View Post
      I am super excited to get my Greg Quebec poster signed.
      Anybody who scored in that '97 Michigan game is a hero!
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Per Freep: O'Connor to start Friday, Saturday undetermined. That...doesn't make sense. MacGregor sits for Oksinen. (sp?)
        Actually, I think it just means that Parker is already considering abandoning the rotation, based on what he saw last weekend, and perhaps in practice. Certainly, one would think the home game would be easier for Maguire, but sometimes it can work the other way...lots of pressure in front of the home fans, especially after getting off to a shaky start to your career. So I think this means that Parker has more confidence in O'Connor at this point. He'll get the start Friday, and if he looks good, he gets the start Saturday. And the rumors will begin that Rollheiser, oops, I mean Maguire will be pressured by the team that drafted him to go somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          anybody who scored in that '97 michigan game is a hero!
          fyp
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by limey View Post
            I am super excited to get my Greg Quebec poster signed.
            wait!! so someone else has this too?!?!

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/6F547A96-0859-4D33-980C-011532741407-493-0000003DF2010EC0.jpg******
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

[QUOTE=Agganis;5529956]As will Travis and "many more players."
              Should be about 75 former Terriers including 17 who have played in the NHL.

Freep has tonight's lines Only the Megan-Hohmann-Rodrigues unit remains intact. Ahti in for MacGregor.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Freep has tonight's lines Only the Megan-Hohmann-Rodrigues unit remains intact. Ahti in for MacGregor.
                Makes sense as that line has been doing the majority of the damage.

Sam Kurker out tonight? That's interesting. Injury or something else?
                Last edited by Tater; 10-26-2012, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                  Makes sense as that line has been doing the majority of the damage.

Sam Kurker out tonight? That's interesting. Injury or something else?
                  To my eyes, he had a very, very poor game last Saturday night. Could be more to give someone else a look, but he looked lost out there at UNH.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    wait!! so someone else has this too?!?!

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/6F547A96-0859-4D33-980C-011532741407-493-0000003DF2010EC0.jpg******
                    Is that a man cave or your bedroom?

Comment

Actually, I think it just means that Parker is already considering abandoning the rotation, based on what he saw last weekend, and perhaps in practice. Certainly, one would think the home game would be easier for Maguire, but sometimes it can work the other way...lots of pressure in front of the home fans, especially after getting off to a shaky start to your career. So I think this means that Parker has more confidence in O'Connor at this point. He'll get the start Friday, and if he looks good, he gets the start Saturday. And the rumors will begin that Rollheiser, oops, I mean Maguire will be pressured by the team that drafted him to go somewhere else.
                      After one game? Good God are you impatient. The rotation is O'Connor gets the next game, which is tonight. The speculation here was giving this game to Maguire to see how he did at a home game, not like that's what anyone heard from the coaching staff (unless I'm mistaken, which is not out of the realm of possibility). And just because it's on the interwebs does not mean it's fact.

Has anyone seen the full list of returning Terriers for tonight's game? That's going to be one mighty full Bavis box.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        What's the Dunkin cup commemorating?
                        Bugs Bunny - 96
                        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          After one game? Good God are you impatient. The rotation is O'Connor gets the next game, which is tonight. The speculation here was giving this game to Maguire to see how he did at a home game, not like that's what anyone heard from the coaching staff (unless I'm mistaken, which is not out of the realm of possibility). And just because it's on the interwebs does not mean it's fact.

Has anyone seen the full list of returning Terriers for tonight's game? That's going to be one mighty full Bavis box.
                          I think defkit is also reading into the fact that Parker said Saturday's night's goalie was yet to be determined. If the rotation was still definitely happening, why wouldn't Parker just say that Maguire was starting Saturday.

Now there are over 80 players attending. Maybe the 3rd and 4th liners returning will be given tickets in regular seating

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            About 6/7 legitimate NHL "names"

If you're trying to get everyone's signature get there early. It won't be one massive table with all of them, they'll be spread out along the concourse, doors have been opening about 75 min before games since last year, so 6:15 would be my guess for tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                              I think defkit is also reading into the fact that Parker said Saturday's night's goalie was yet to be determined. If the rotation was still definitely happening, why wouldn't Parker just say that Maguire was starting Saturday.

Now there are over 80 players attending. Maybe the 3rd and 4th liners returning will be given tickets in regular seating
                              Yes, precisely. Now Scarlet, I'm not the impatient one.....I was opining that perhaps Parker has changed his approach, so if anyone is impatient, it is him. Frankly, I would have no concerns if Parker said the rotation will continue this weekend, since I agree that Maguire deserves another start before reading into his performance at UNH too much. Since Parker has said Saturday is TBD, I take that as his signal that he has perhaps seen something in practice or just feels confident that Maguire's performance was indicative of his current ability, which is less than what O'Connor has shown.

I think the political season has made us all a little jumpy!

Comment

I think the political season has made us all a little jumpy!
                                I disagree, the political season has not made us jumpy! Take it back you right/left wing nut job!!

Comment

Working...
                                X