Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

i like jack's initial FOH letter. and i like the values statement "drawn up by our team" (if it is in fact that).

good start.
    Haven't seen it yet... can you share?

Comment

Coupons! And lots of em.

If there's one thing we BU fans will learn quickly this year it's that with 2 freshman goalies there will be nights like Saturday. Give both of these guys some time before breaking out the BB references.
      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
        I still think Maguire will be fine in the long run. He was in good position, obviously had some nerves in his first game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the home start this weekend to try to settle him in and have O'Connor start on the road since he seems more comfortable
        Maguire arrived with a strong track record and had played very well in a lot of big games.
        He had a bad game - half game, really.
        Was he nervous? Did he just have a bad game?

O'Connor made the stronger first impression.
        That is all we know right now.
        We'll see what happens over the next four years, when both will likely receive a lot of opportunities show show what they can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
          Was he nervous? Did he just have a bad game?
          Not sure if this is a rhetorical question or not, but yes, he looked incredibly nervous from the moment he stepped on the ice.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I'm not writing the kid off after one game. It was his first game and it was on the road in an intimidating building. I still like the platoon. Give him the next home start and see how he does. It's a long season and I'm sure he'll settle down.
            #OneKnight

Comment

I'm okay with giving the guy another game or two, but as has been said the goal here is winning, not trying to avoid hurting somebody's feelings. John Curry was an afterthought who seized the starting role pretty quickly thanks to some solid play. I'd rather not give away league games to boost a guy's confidence so I'm wondering if there's a non-conference contest coming up to get this guy on track, preferably against some EZAC cupcake.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                I'm not writing the kid off after one game. It was his first game and it was on the road in an intimidating building. I still like the platoon. Give him the next home start and see how he does. It's a long season and I'm sure he'll settle down.
                Agree, there's still a lot of hockey to be played.

Any word on if Oksanen will get a start this weekend? Was he above anyone on the charts before his suspension?

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  I'm okay with giving the guy another game or two, but as has been said the goal here is winning, not trying to avoid hurting somebody's feelings. John Curry was an afterthought who seized the starting role pretty quickly thanks to some solid play. I'd rather not give away league games to boost a guy's confidence so I'm wondering if there's a non-conference contest coming up to get this guy on track, preferably against some EZAC cupcake.
                  The schedule is not exactly easy coming up. Got the league games with Massachusetts this weekend, then then (?)whoiux? for two the next weekend. Both keepers will have a tough test ahead of them.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Also, Parker watches them practice and presumably knows better than we do what they are both capable of right now. And with all that information he decided to start O'Connor at home against Providence and Maguire on the road against UNH. I'm assuming it was just first game jitters until there is more evidence it wasn't.
                    #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      I got an envelope full of coupons!
                      Me too! Buy a burrito get a free burrito coupon from Qdoba made my night

I would expect to see Maguire given a shot at home on Friday to settle him in. O'Connor gets his first road start Saturday. Then we will have a better idea of what to expect from both before the 2 in North Dakota but I would expect that we see both out there unless Maguire is really bad this weekend
                      GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        I agree, if he gets the home start this weekend (which is the correct move) and delivers the same performance against a much weaker team than UNH, there's a case to be made that he's not ready.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

John Cullen will be at Friday's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            John Cullen will be at Friday's game.
                            As will Travis and "many more players." And they will be signing autographs, which is nice because I have multiple posters of "many more players" which would look better signed.

Comment

Inside BU Hockey-Episode #3 is posted on the GoBU site
                              http://www.goterriers.com/sports/m-h...102512aaa.html

Saturday's game at UMass will be available on Terrier TV. Schools agreed to let each access the other's Webcast. Now, if only they can filter out the UMass fans.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                                As will Travis and "many more players." And they will be signing autographs, which is nice because I have multiple posters of "many more players" which would look better signed.
                                I am super excited to get my Greg Quebec poster signed.

Comment

Working...
                                X