Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
    Usually BU doesn't even have enough to satisfy the season ticket holders and they use the loyalty point system to differentiate among them.
    Are you sure that is still true? I know it was that way years ago... but the Beanpot ticket is not that hard of a ticket anymore. Are there even season ticket holders that don't get their requests fulfilled?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      can't do this. you'd have two teams that wouldn't have the 34 games played that's allowed. not like they can go schedule another game
      So, the losers go to their own tournament the next Monday, with the winner being the CHAMP!ON!!111!. That way everybody gets to be a finalist, nobody plays in a lowly consolation game and there are more trophies. Plus, A BANNER!

Win, Win. Or should I say Lose, Win?

Whatever, it has more trophies and a banner so it must be good.
      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Cam Askew headed to BU.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          I'm sure Rogie will be posting on the recruit thread, but a quick scan of Heisenberg's site shows Askew is a 6'2" RC for 2015. Highest uncommitted 2015 on Heisneberg's list, which while not overly scientific in it's ordering, I believe is supposed to be some representation of caliber.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            I'm sure Rogie will be posting on the recruit thread, but a quick scan of Heisenberg's site shows Askew is a 6'2" RC for 2015. Highest uncommitted 2015 on Heisneberg's list, which while not overly scientific in it's ordering, I believe is supposed to be some representation of caliber.
            He has always been regarded as one of the top players born in 1997. But we're a long way from seeing a '97 on campus so he could always re-change his mind.

Comment

So I was chatting with a dad whose sons are in the same program as my son, with the last name Rogles. About a week after he mentioned that his name was Chris, I started thinking, "Hey, wasn't there a goalie at Clarkson or St. Lawrence names Chris Rogles?" So I found out last weekend that he is in fact the Chris Rogles that played for Clarkson in the early '90s. Very nice and humble guy (never brought up his past until I asked). Although I don't think he particularly enjoyed confirming that he was in fact in net in that 1991 NCAA semifinal when Amonte scored a hat trick in the first period on the way to a 7-3 win :-).

He played several years in Germany after some minors in the US. So I asked if he played with/against Dave Tomlinson, and he said he absolutely did, that is was fun having some other eastern college hockey guys out there. John Lilley also played out there a little, and he mentioned one other BU guy, but I don't remember who.

Neat blast from the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                He has always been regarded as one of the top players born in 1997. But we're a long way from seeing a '97 on campus so he could always re-change his mind.
                What is the back story? The USHR headline says "Askew Picks a College....Again"

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  What is the back story? The USHR headline says "Askew Picks a College....Again"
                  Well, he was a Northeastern recruit that decommitted a few weeks ago.

Comment

Mike McMahon posted

Cushing Academy freshman Cam Askew, who is considered one of the top-’97 recruits in the nation, committed to Boston University on Tuesday, per a family source.

Askew, who decommitted from Northeastern last month, leads the NEPSIHA in scoring.

The South Boston native is eligible for next summer’s QMJHL Entry Draft, but according to sources, he’s intent on playing NCAA hockey.

Askew had 25 points in 28 games last season with St. Sebastians and also scored 21 points in just 12 games with the Jr. Warriors Empire team.
                    And last week: http://themackreport.com/top-prep-freshmen-to-watch/

Backstory: http://www.southbostononline.com/Cam...ckey102810.cfm

Eichel, Askew and (hopefully) Chad Krys would be a heckuva trifecta. Yes, that's Mark Krys's son.
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

didn't he commit to NU at age 14 or something?
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Oh, ok. That is why the name sounded familiar.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          didn't he commit to NU at age 14 or something?
                          Yes, and he's 15 now.

Comment

Jackpot!?

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                            Eichel, Askew and (hopefully) Chad Krys would be a heckuva trifecta.
                            So would DeAngelo, Erne, and Phil Kessel.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                              Jackpot!?

Those three up front with Matt Lashoff on the blue line would be ridiculous. Even JackPa couldn't mess that up.
                              1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                                Jackpot!?

and just wait until pat kane shows up after christmas!
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X