Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
    Ah Gentry you crack me up. WHAMMY!!!!!!
    Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 12-07-2012, 10:38 AM.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Good win tonight. Gotta feel good about taking 2 of 3 against the #1 team(s) in the country.
      Hopeful note: likely we'll play one of them in the semis and our young guys should only get better between now and then. Good to get a W against each now so they have a positive result in the memory bank.

Beating NoDak and two #1's before December break, many years we'd have taken that deal while we were trying to understand how we lost to Harvard at Thanskgiving.
      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Bump. Maguire's in net tonight, hopefully he doesn't blow up because O'Connor is gonna be wiped out after his bike ride!

But seriously, let's end the semester on a high note and blow these guys out.

Last chance to see Grzelcyk in a BU sweater until the New Year

Comment

This BU team has so far shown that they beat the teams they should. This should be a 4-1 or 5-2 kind of game.
          Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

What's this about Ron Mason taking over the Wisconsin job?
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

BU is #1 in strength of schedule in both the RPI and KRACH. In the KRACH rankings, their SOS number is 334.1 and next closest is BC at 222.1 [Before yesterday's games, it was BU 401.8 and BC 270.6]. Any stat mavens out there know how the SOS is calculated?
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

With regards to the SoS, BC tying providence likely decreased BU's SoS although other games will also factor in. I'm not exactly sure but beating UNH might have also decreased our SoS since UNH is worse/has a worse record for losing to us. It's arbitrary at best and will continue to change through april

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                  BU is #1 in strength of schedule in both the RPI and KRACH. In the KRACH rankings, their SOS number is 334.1 and next closest is BC at 222.1 [Before yesterday's games, it was BU 401.8 and BC 270.6]. Any stat mavens out there know how the SOS is calculated?
                  Simple math,I believe.
                  I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by CASHockey View Post
                    ....It's arbitrary at best and will continue to change through april
                    Ah DAMMIT!!!
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Another embellishment penalty tonight I see.

Those refs just must be out to get Jack!
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I can't say I can tell why that penalty shot was called.
                        Bugs Bunny - 96
                        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                          I can't say I can tell why that penalty shot was called.
                          Replays showed the refs bungled this one. Just a stick check really.

Director of officials didn't like it either apparently in his intermission interview.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Grzelcyk just took one right off the ankle. Sheesh that looked painful. Hope he's all right.
                            Bugs Bunny - 96
                            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Very easy to see why Maine's PP is so bad...tough to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Very easy to see why Maine's PP is so bad...tough to watch.
                                They just... Stand there. It's surreal.
                                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                                ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X