Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Maybe Brian Collins? Definitely as hard a hit as I've seen including Greer's hit on Greg Callahan. BU fans probably erased that one from their memory banks as it was one of their guys who got destroyed. Don't think he got right up after that one if I recall?
    Last edited by carltonbarrett; 11-27-2012, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
      I would say the best hit I've seen in this rivalry in recent history was Brian McConnell's textbook open ice shot on Chris Collins. Can't remember whether it was in the Beanpot or HE tourney, but I remember it was at the Garden. What I do remember is how stunned I was when Collins got up. Easily one of the hardest hits I've ever seen.
      How about when Sullivan laid out Gerbe? That was one too where I was shocked Gerbe bounced up so quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
        Orpik had a monster hit on a BU kid who unfortunately was never quite the same after the hit. Forget his name but think he was a local HS kid.
        That was Brian Collins who was laid out by Orpik. Monster hit.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
          Maybe Brian Collins? Definitely as hard a hit as I've seen including Greer's hit on Greg Callahan. BU fans probably erased that one from their memory banks as it was one of their guys who got destroyed. Don't think he got right up after that one if I recall?
          Well, you were right on it being a local kid then. St. John's of Shrewsbury if memory serves me correctly.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            How about when Sullivan laid out Gerbe? That was one too where I was shocked Gerbe bounced up so quickly.
            I've always thought Sullivan's hit on Gerbe has been overrated. Gerbe had such a low center of gravity, that the check was up around the shoulders as opposed to the sternum. Also, it was from the side. As I recall, Gerbe bounced right up.
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy Beanpot tickets for my buddy's birthday, which is in a couple weeks. I was wondering if anybody knows which sections have been sold to BU, so that I can try to find seats near there (we both would be rooting for BU).

Also, does anyone know a way to purchase tickets through the school if you are not a current student, alumni, or season ticket holder? I am none of those things, but I can only find ticket options for those demographics.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                Best. Hit. Ever. Unfortunately he was given a penalty for that. One of the many penalties he got for "being Mike Grier."
                Grier had a big hit on a UMTC kid in the 1995 Nat SF's too.

Comment

Collins was a Saint John's Shrewsbury kid, my cousin played with him and he was a great player for the Pioneers.
                  Rinks Visited
                  DCU Center
                  Tulley Forum
                  TD Garden
                  Tsongas Arena
                  J. Thom Lawler Arena
                  Conte Forum
                  Whittemore Center
                  Agganis Arena
                  Verizon Center
                  Gutterson Fieldhouse
                  Matthews Arena
                  Thompson Arena
                  Mullins Center
                  Alfond Arena
                  Schneider Arena
                  Magness Arena
                  Ingallas Arena
                  Hart Center
                  Prudential Center
                  TD Bank Sports Center
                  John A Ryan
                  Lynah Rink
                  Appleton Arena
                  Cheel Arena
                  Germain Arena
                  XL Center
                  Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

• Originally posted by MCgrad07 View Post
                    Collins was a Saint John's Shrewsbury kid, my cousin played with him and he was a great player for the Pioneers.
                    He was an SI Face in the Crowd while at SJS.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      Grier had a big hit on a UMTC kid in the 1995 Nat SF's too.
                      *****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/9d190477.jpg******
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I loved Gibbons hit on Gryba. :-)
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          *****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/9d190477.jpg******
                          A picture that was on the wall of T's Pub before its first closing. Unlike this cover photo, the picture in T's Pub did not cut off the "BU loves T's Pub" sign in the lower right hand corner!

Comment

Favorite recent BU v BC moments

3 goals 44 seconds
                            5-0 stick salute at Conte. BU fans came out in one large drove for that game. You just don't see fans of other schools coming to an opponent's rink with that many people.

Not so recent would be: "We shouldn't have to beat BC for the nationals. Hell, we can do that anytime"- OC
                            Last edited by CASHockey; 11-27-2012, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Most memorable experience BY FAR...the Blizzard of 78. About 3000 people actually slept there that night. The last T train left around 9:30, as I recall. One of my friends had a car or else I might have stayed myself! We won the game but that was incidental at that point (it was a blowout anyway, 12-5). They had to wait until March to play the championship game because the city was shutdown. The eeriest feeling of my life was walking down Beacon Street with NO sounds...the snow was so high we were looking down upon car roofs. It felt like 19th century London with the gaslights and brownstones and nothing but silence. People were cross-country skiing all around town. We walked to Brighton for a party the next weekend and it took about two hours just to trudge through the snow, which was still a foot deep even after being tramped down. Just an unforgettable experience...

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Didn't Sullivan break Gerbe's nose on that hit?

Comment

Working...
                                X