Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    It already has ***ed me off! Is this BU / UNH game not on TV? I thought the point of the sunday games were because of the TV slots?
    The UNH game is today (as opposed to last night) because BU played in Vermont Friday. They didn't want to play Saturday after a late night of travel Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by timbhealey View Post
      The UNH game is today (as opposed to last night) because BU played in Vermont Friday. They didn't want to play Saturday after a late night of travel Friday.
      That does not explain last weekends Sunday game... nor any of the other sunday games throughout the league. We seemed to survive very well for years with almost no Sunday games.

Comment

I was able to listen to the first two periods on-line, then it cut out to a football talk show. Was it like this on regular radio, as well? Bernie was calling a great game, as usual. I don't live in the Boston area, so I don't have the option of listening in my car or home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
          I was able to listen to the first two periods on-line, then it cut out to a football talk show. Was it like this on regular radio, as well? Bernie was calling a great game, as usual. I don't live in the Boston area, so I don't have the option of listening in my car or home.
          It went back and forth for me. I assumed it was just my signal... But that's weird if it was happening online as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
            IIRC Kurker was originally slated for Fall 2013, but was accelerated a year after Chiasson's departure and Robert Polesello being released from his BU commitment.

Obviously Kurker has the size, but making the jump from prep to BU has been a bigger transition than someone of same age who has already played against older, more physically mature competition. He was the big fish in small pond at SJP; a year of Juniors (Pete MacArthur, Chris Higgins are examples of guys whom the coaching staff pushed back a year so they could play a year of juniors after prep) would've likely helped.

Keep in mind Danny O'Regan was also accelerated a year, yet seems to have made the transition quite seamlessly. O'Regan also spent some time last season w/ the US U-18 team after finishing at St. Sebs, and played really well in that stint. That experience alone is a likely factor in his smooth transition so far.

Just for clarification. Kurker did not play PREP. He played at st johns prep in the mass high school league. big difference.

Comment

O'Connor had another very solid game. He could easily steal games for us down the stretch. Disappointing power play but Grzelcyk looked pro all game. That kid is just smooth to the puck. Overall very impressed with the freshmen, most notably O'Connor, Grzelcyk, and O'Regan. O'Regan is a classic sniper.

The rest of the team needs to pick up and fast. Cisse always seems to skate well but has no real finishing power. Megan looked invisible today which is unfortunate because he can show flashes of brilliance as well.

I hate to throw the whole defense under the bus, but the turnovers were costly. Grzelcyk seemed to always manage to find the open skater though.

The power play going something like 1-9 is an absolute killer. At least one of those 5on3's needed to be converted.

Comment

Originally posted by CASHockey View Post
                O'Connor had another very solid game. He could easily steal games for us down the stretch. Disappointing power play but Grzelcyk looked pro all game. That kid is just smooth to the puck. Overall very impressed with the freshmen, most notably O'Connor, Grzelcyk, and O'Regan. O'Regan is a classic sniper.

The rest of the team needs to pick up and fast. Cisse always seems to skate well but has no real finishing power. Megan looked invisible today which is unfortunate because he can show flashes of brilliance as well.

I hate to throw the whole defense under the bus, but the turnovers were costly. Grzelcyk seemed to always manage to find the open skater though.

The power play going something like 1-9 is an absolute killer. At least one of those 5on3's needed to be converted.
                It would've been beautiful if the power play went 1-9.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

It's strange to watch a consistant BU team. In years past they would have beaten BC or UNH in at least one of these games so far, but then lost to Merrimack or UVM or Umass (think last year with a win against Denver then a loss to Holy Cross). It's good to watch them beat the teams they should beat and hopefully as the season moves along they'll get better and maybe steal a win against a top ranked team here and there. Our real problem right now is that our schedule this year had us playing UNH and BC 3 times each before January and North Dakota twice. That's 8 games against top 5 teams in the country, 9 if you include the Denver game. I'd say we really need to get 1 win against both BC and UNH this year. These next three weeks are huge for BU. It'd be really nice to see them go no worse than 2-2-0 over these next 4 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                    Our real problem right now is that our schedule this year had us playing UNH and BC 3 times each before January and North Dakota twice. That's 8 games against top 5 teams in the country, 9 if you include the Denver game..
                    that should serve your team well as the season goes on, it's not a negative thing it's a good thing, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      that should serve your team well as the season goes on, it's not a negative thing it's a good thing, IMO
                      Playing difficult teams definitely has its advantages and in the long run I'm sure it will help. I just mean right now in terms of winning games, it doesn't help. But hey, if we're a tournament at the end of the season I guess that's all that matters. I'm sure BC fans weren't overly thrilled with their team being 14-10-1 midway through last year and look how that worked out. I see BU as about a 23 win team. From there its just hoping for a good match-up in the first round.

Comment

cant believe i am bumping the BU thread but i just watched that rush by Grzelcyk that led to the goal . Two and done i think for him. He's really good

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          cant believe i am bumping the BU thread but i just watched that rush by Grzelcyk that led to the goal . Two and done i think for him. He's really good
                          Grzesofsky

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                            Grzesofsky
                            We'll see. Warsofsky looked very good as a freshman, despite being on a team with other offensive d-men like Gilroy, Shattenkirk, and Cohen. But he didn't really develop significantly from that point, in my opinion.

I think Grzelcyk looks better than Warsofsky did at this point, though not by leaps and bounds.

And yes, wearing #5 makes it easy to confuse the two of them.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Just watched the highlights. Are we all done with out original uniforms? When was the last time we wore them? I can't remember Parker option for the alternates this many games in a row since the 2009 title run. They kind of lose their impact when you wear them every game.

Bring back the originals, please.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                . They kind of lose their impact when you wear them every game.
                                Impact?

Comment

Working...
                                X