Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I did too. But let's be honest, during a game/after a game, either way the idea is ridiculous.
    I don't have a problem with the conference reviewing game tape after the fact and issuing teams or specific players warnings/suspensions based on what they see. Just about every game has multiple camera angles so it shouldn't be terribly difficult for them to make a judgment on Monday morning. They review hits to determine if there's extra suspension necessary, why not do it for repeat offenders of what's clearly a hole in rule enforcement? Noonan's obvious flop last Friday was the first time I can remember seeing a diving call not combined with a matching minor for the other guy, so Parker's comment that the worst case scenario right now for the diver being a 4 on 4 is fairly accurate.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
      Apparently O'Connor is getting the game tonight at Merrimack and BC is TBD. Honestly their decisions with the goalies make no sense to me. But I haven't been coaching college hockey for 40 years, so I'll assume he knows what he's doing.
      At some point, if he's going to continue this regimen, he's got to just name O'Connor the main goalie with Maguire getting a few starts here and there. It's not unreasonable, O'Connor's been playing exceptionally well in both home and away environments. What's the point in even starting Maguire against BC? The only thing O'Connor really hasn't faced is an intense big home game against BC. Other than that, he's won on the road in a tough environment in UND, won at home in a mundane HE game, won on the road against a lesser HE opponent at UMass. Can't ignore results for that long.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Reviewing tapes is dumb. If it warrants a minor, let the ref blow the whistle.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Mookie gets it. The point is that they have refs to call penalties. This is a 2 min penalty on the ice. Now we want to review it and give a guy a suspension because it's 'hurting the game' or whatever? So is hooking and tripping and holding. It's a foolish idea that is built upon a foundation of faulty logic. Reviewing the tapes for malicious hits is something that is done to protect the safety of the players and is completely different (many of the corresponding penalties on these plays come with MCs and DQs).

We'll see if Jack puts his money where his mouth is and suspends Noonan if he cares so much about the state of the game of hockey.
          Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 11-09-2012, 01:29 PM.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            The point is, they haven't. So either fix the refs or fix the problem from the conference level. When was the last time you saw someone call straight up diving or embellishment without a matching minor, aside from Noonan's on Friday? I'm all for it being done by the refs, and getting the calls made on the ice without having to review anything. But if the refs aren't calling it correctly, that's a problem, no?
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              At some point, if he's going to continue this regimen, he's got to just name O'Connor the main goalie with Maguire getting a few starts here and there. It's not unreasonable, O'Connor's been playing exceptionally well in both home and away environments. What's the point in even starting Maguire against BC? The only thing O'Connor really hasn't faced is an intense big home game against BC. Other than that, he's won on the road in a tough environment in UND, won at home in a mundane HE game, won on the road against a lesser HE opponent at UMass. Can't ignore results for that long.
              Much agreed. O'Connor is the clear #1 goalie right now. I am not saying at all that we should give up on Maguire, but the small amount of results so far are clear. O'Connor needs to start against BC.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                Much agreed. O'Connor is the clear #1 goalie right now. I am not saying at all that we should give up on Maguire, but the small amount of results so far are clear. O'Connor needs to start against BC.
                Also agreed. O'Connor is playing incredibly well right now. So even if it is just a hot streak, Parker should take advantage of it. Maguire can start the next non-conference game, or a conference game if O'Connor comes back down to Earth.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Slurpees, I'm sure you'd be thrilled to hear. The old hook/embellishment combo was called tonight in the BC game.

Jackie might have to up the tally of diving teams to 3 in a couple of years.

Comment

Parker is the only coach in Hockey East who would say "I think there are two teams in this league that dive". Of course, he's not including his team even when they've been as big a diving team in recent years as any other team in the league. Whatever. As I said earlier, he should just keep his mouth shut on the topic and worry about his own team.

Comment

Nice solid win tonight for the Terriers. They capitalized on opportunities more than the Warriors, who outshot BU pretty badly. But it wasn't as if Merrimack was dominating. Another very strong game for O'Connor, who I'm sure would like to have the one goal back. Good to see Rodrigues get his first goal, especially after the disallowed one in the first period. The team definitely missed Privitera out there. I'm glad they were still able to win without him. Gryzleck has seven assists already, I believe. Certainly doesn't look like a freshman out there.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        The point is, they haven't. So either fix the refs or fix the problem from the conference level. When was the last time you saw someone call straight up diving or embellishment without a matching minor, aside from Noonan's on Friday? I'm all for it being done by the refs, and getting the calls made on the ice without having to review anything. But if the refs aren't calling it correctly, that's a problem, no?
                        they haven't?!?! noonan was called for a minor last week!!! you can't say 'they don't call it' when they just called it

we've seen diving called before. we've seen it not called when it happens... but we've also seen every other penalty on the books gone uncalled. hockey is that 'gray area' sport, worse than basketball (and holding in football). you can't call everything every play, cause the game would be 3x3 20 seconds in and stay that way for 58 minutes

much ado about nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Parker is the only coach in Hockey East who would say "I think there are two teams in this league that dive". Of course, he's not including his team even when they've been as big a diving team in recent years as any other team in the league. Whatever. As I said earlier, he should just keep his mouth shut on the topic and worry about his own team.
                          stop it! he is entertaining. he talks and tells you how he feels. everyone hates bellicheat because it's the same old canned crap time after time. you love that jack speaks out. i love it. everyone loves it.

(and Matti DID get a screw job in worcester!! )

Comment

Well, I do like one thing about him speaking out. Just a reminder of how big a fool he is.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Whatever. As I said earlier, he should just keep his mouth shut on the topic and worry about his own team.

Pot. Kettle.

...and away I go...

Comment

good, don't come back.

Comment

Working...
                                X