SCSU @ UNH: The Granite City Travels To The Granite State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU @ UNH: The Granite City Travels To The Granite State

Neither of these teams is ranked, though they are 3rd and 4th highest on the "receiving votes" category that isn't ranked, so for those who want to look at it that way, this is #24 St. Cloud @ #23 New Hampshire.

Both of these teams were picked in the coaches' poll to finish 4th in their leagues, which I think is more telling than something USCHO put together that had a 10th place UW, and gutted UMD and CC squads ahead of SCSU.

Also, not sure if anyone has told either of these fan bases but UNH has never won a National Championship and SCSU has never even gotten to a Frozen Four.

Discuss....
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: SCSU @ UNH: The Granite City Travels To The Granite State

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Neither of these teams is ranked, though they are 3rd and 4th highest on the "receiving votes" category that isn't ranked, so for those who want to look at it that way, this is #24 St. Cloud @ #23 New Hampshire.

Both of these teams were picked in the coaches' poll to finish 4th in their leagues, which I think is more telling than something USCHO put together that had a 10th place UW, and gutted UMD and CC squads ahead of SCSU.

Also, not sure if anyone has told either of these fan bases but UNH has never won a National Championship and SCSU has never even gotten to a Frozen Four.

Discuss....
    SCSU is an OOC team that I have never seen play and I am looking forward to it. Any fans who want to watch this game should go to www.unhwildcats.com and for a small fee, it shall be yours.

Comment

SCSU EURO----Tiny and I are leaving tomorrow for Durham....Will we see you there?? Owen

Comment

I like the title of this thread better than the other one, though technically he beat you by 6 minutes.

Home ice and a preseason game work to the Wildcats' advantage. And, though the season hasn't started yet, the Huskies are already dealing with two freshmen injuries (Morley and Benik). They're not high caliber enough to validate an excuse, but I thought I'd just mention it.

On paper, I can't say that there's much reason to give the Huskies an advantage, but I think that Husky fans are going to be pretty optimistic anyway. Our leadership is mature, seasoned, and highly talented. As Motzko has stated, that's the type of scenario that ends up working out the best. (As opposed to the most talented kid being an underclassman or having less leadership ability.)

What UNH fans can expect to see is a lot of the top line, likely to include Hanowski, LeBlanc, and an unknown right-winger. The defensive corps is deep, but you're still likely to see a lot of the top three guys: Jensen, Prochno, and Gravel. I'm not sure who the fourth defenseman will be, but solid options include Rabey, Daly, or Johnson. They'll do a good job of getting the rush started and keeping the Wildcat fowards in front of them. The Wildcats may be able to get off a lot of shots, but most of them will be from the perimeter and Faragher will have a good look. If Faragher can play to his typical level, I don't think the Wildcats' will score more than three goals. Hopefully the Huskies can find a way to score four, but I guess we'll see!
        scsuhockey.com
        CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
          I like the title of this thread better than the other one, though technically he beat you by 6 minutes.

Home ice and a preseason game work to the Wildcats' advantage. And, though the season hasn't started yet, the Huskies are already dealing with two freshmen injuries (Morley and Benik). They're not high caliber enough to validate an excuse, but I thought I'd just mention it.

On paper, I can't say that there's much reason to give the Huskies an advantage, but I think that Husky fans are going to be pretty optimistic anyway. Our leadership is mature, seasoned, and highly talented. As Motzko has stated, that's the type of scenario that ends up working out the best. (As opposed to the most talented kid being an underclassman or having less leadership ability.)

What UNH fans can expect to see is a lot of the top line, likely to include Hanowski, LeBlanc, and an unknown right-winger. The defensive corps is deep, but you're still likely to see a lot of the top three guys: Jensen, Prochno, and Gravel. I'm not sure who the fourth defenseman will be, but solid options include Rabey, Daly, or Johnson. They'll do a good job of getting the rush started and keeping the Wildcat fowards in front of them. The Wildcats may be able to get off a lot of shots, but most of them will be from the perimeter and Faragher will have a good look. If Faragher can play to his typical level, I don't think the Wildcats' will score more than three goals. Hopefully the Huskies can find a way to score four, but I guess we'll see!

Rabey skated quite a bit with Gravel last year (at least thats what I remember) and that seemed to be a pretty good pairing. Right up until the time we were down to 9 forwards and he had to switch positions.
          This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
          www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Originally posted by OOOWEN View Post
            SCSU EURO----Tiny and I are leaving tomorrow for Durham....Will we see you there?? Owen
            Negative, its high school football season and the job wont allow it. MAY get to see them Saturday when they host _untsville, but likely the first time I will see SCSU live will be in Denver with the usual crowd
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Friday game will be on Fox College Sports Pacific.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                SCSU is an OOC team that I have never seen play and I am looking forward to it. Any fans who want to watch this game should go to www.unhwildcats.com and for a small fee, it shall be yours.
                What's the stream like?

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Beat Anyone View Post
                  What's the stream like?
                  Well, you can judge for yourself when you watch the game on FCS (Pacific), as that channel will likely stream http://unhwildcats.tv coverage. If you like that, then it may interest you in purchasing the Saturday game online.

Comment

Will Friday's game be available for stream yet? I don't have that cable channel and was hoping to see the season opener.
                    This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                    www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyredshoes View Post
                      Will Friday's game be available for stream yet? I don't have that cable channel and was hoping to see the season opener.
                      All UNH home games are available to watch online via http://unhwildcats.tv (including this Friday). As a heads up, the games become available for viewing approximately 5-15 minutes prior to the event start time.

Comment

This is a heck of a series. UNH is almost as big of a colossal failure as we are!
                        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

So this is going to be the battle of the dumpster fires. Awesome.
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Glad to hear this game will be on FCS Pacific. Preview of opponents: DU plays UNH in Nov or Dec and the "Cloudies" always give us a hard time.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

SCSU Media Release

http://scsuhuskies.com/documents/201...e109.pdf?id=91
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X