X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
    They look tired.
    Definitely struggling. O'fer on the power play and down 2-0 to a winless team. Let's see if they can make it interesting in the 3rd.

Comment

My fingers are crossed, PC91.
      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Netman's fun fact of the day: Peter Taglianetti's son was playing for Pitt against Notre Dame today.
        Providence College
        National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
          My fingers are crossed, PC91.
          I'm with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
            Netman's fun fact of the day: Peter Taglianetti's son was playing for Pitt against Notre Dame today.
            Make us feel very old with that one

Comment

• Re: Hockey articles in projo

Ended up with a split.....team seemed tired....I'm sure that will not be the case again, but a split is a good thing

Comment

One step back tonight. Not so much that they lost but to get shut out by a weak team. UVM won't be making noise this season and PC missed a great opportunity to win a season series against an HE opponent, on the road no less, in one weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friartown View Post
                  Make us feel very old with that one
                  Who is Peter Taglianetti?

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                    Old enough to start forgetting stuff eh?
                    Providence College
                    National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                      I believe he used to flip the puck in the stands to watch this young kid run after it.

Comment

Tags was one of the best.

Comment

After posting about Tags, I went to Hockeydb to look him up. It brought me to a page that listed the 85 team. They were all between 17 and 21. Times have changed. They are all now pushing 50. I have watched a lot of PC hockey. Sigh.
                          Providence College
                          National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                            One step back tonight. Not so much that they lost but to get shut out by a weak team. UVM won't be making noise this season
                            Shut out by a weak team? They had what 1 shot on 5 power plays? They had 3 shots in the first period, 4 more in the second? Not only did they get shut out they got thoroughly dominated despite the ridiculous job the refs did. Not to be a dick, but if you firmly believe your team got beat by a weaker team, get ready for a repeat of the Army era and stop putting so much faith in preseason polls because PC was outplayed for at least 5 periods of hockey this weekend. They happened to win on Friday.
                            Originally posted by Hokydad
                            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                              Shut out by a weak team? They had what 1 shot on 5 power plays? They had 3 shots in the first period, 4 more in the second? Not only did they get shut out they got thoroughly dominated despite the ridiculous job the refs did. Not to be a dick, but if you firmly believe your team got beat by a weaker team, get ready for a repeat of the Army era and stop putting so much faith in preseason polls because PC was outplayed for at least 5 periods of hockey this weekend. They happened to win on Friday.

You are a Dick. Go look at the Box Score, Vermont was out shoot 24-21. And your team is a bunch of head hunters and hacks. Your coach's record at Vermont speaks for itself. Go look it up. Looking forward to take the season series Dec 20th. Vermont does have an a fun rink thou and I had a fun weekend in Vermont even thou PC was "thoroughly Dominated" LOL LOL .
                              Last edited by steven22; 11-04-2012, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
                                You are a Dick. Go look at the Box Score, Vermont was out shoot 24-21. And your team is a bunch of head hunters and hacks. Your coach's record at Vermont speaks for itself. Go look it up. Looking forward to take the season series Dec 20th. Vermont does have an a fun rink thou and I had a fun weekend in Vermont even thou PC was "thoroughly Dominated" LOL LOL .
                                Wait what am I supposed to look up? That they had 3 shots in the 1st or 4 in the 2nd? Or was I supposed look up whether they are head hunting hacks? Or I'm sorry was I supposed to look up Sneddon's record?

Sorry If I offended anyone but if you think you lost this weekend because you played poorly against a weak team you are deluding yourself. PC's not a bad team, but UVM isn't the 10th place team either and the difference between 8 and 4th in this league is nil.

Steven22 grow a thicker skin or learn to wear a helmet. And if you are going to try and refute something I said at least stay on topic. Vermont was outshot 24-21... that doesn't address a single thing I said. Nice point, but your argument would have been more meaningful if you had said " they may have been outshot in the 1st and 2nd but they peppered Hoffman in the 3rd with 17."
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Working...
                                X