Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
    I would be happy to NOT face PC for the rest of the season.
    I don't think many teams want to see them with the physical play that they come with especially with that Acciari and two other guy line always hitting you for two or three games.....Yea, you might beat PC but you will be beaten up by that line!
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
      You have to admit, this is the most exciting March in more than a decade.
      Same here! Ain't it awesome?! Who from PC will be visiting Lowell this Friday?
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        I couldn't see the hit from behind as it happened in the corner in front of me so didn't get a good view.

I had an issue with the hook that was called on Hart on the breakaway. If you are going to call that, how is it not a Penalty Shot? He was free and clear of his defender.
        I thought there were many ify calls against both teams. The offsides where the puck never entered the zone was my favorite.
        Providence College
        National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

In today's game our old buddy from Merrimack (Kyle Bigos) got himself his 3rd game misconduct of the season which nets him an automatic game suspension. He was lucky he got the benefit of the doubt when he retaliated against Luke and only got a 5 minute major despite the fact it was obvious it was intentional. That should have netted him a game suspension and this one would then have netted him 2 game suspension.
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
            In today's game our old buddy from Merrimack (Kyle Bigos) got himself his 3rd game misconduct of the season which nets him an automatic game suspension. He was lucky he got the benefit of the doubt when he retaliated against Luke and only got a 5 minute major despite the fact it was obvious it was intentional. That should have netted him a game suspension and this one would then have netted him 2 game suspension.
            Thing is, I believe Bigos could be a decent defenseman if he didn't pull all these shenanigans.

Comment

So lets say Harvey is healthy for Friday's game? Should he even dress? PC's defense has been MUCH better without him on the ice and why mess with it.

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                Do subsequent GMs increase like DQs do? I know first DQ is 1 game missed, second is 2 missed, etc. But I was under the impression that 3 GMs gave one game and each additional was just a single game each. Either way, I agree with Zlax's later post that should he not do this crap, he'd probably be a fairly effective player.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                  I can't help but smile that the Friars dressed 10 freshmen tonight. Better days are here and the future is bright.
                  Average age:22.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    So lets say Harvey is healthy for Friday's game? Should he even dress? PC's defense has been MUCH better without him on the ice and why mess with it.
                    No he should not dress. I heard he might be ready for this coming weekend. Should be interesting if he is healthy. The defense runs much more smoothly without him in the lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      Average age:22.
                      What's your point?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        He absolutely dresses if he is healthy. Goss has to be carefully used, is not put on the ice against top lines. His lack of experience meant only Shamanski, Parisi, and Velischek were available to kill the Hart penalty, which ultimately was the deciding factor.

At this point I would not call most of the freshmen, "freshmen" any longer....they have routinely been in key situations and now have the experience less used sophomores bring to the table

So I do think his role is diminished as I would rather Parisi and Gilmour get the key minutes when possible. I just don't want to see Goss tie your hands due to concerns he is not ready yet.
                        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Mark Divver‏@MarkDivver

Myles Harvey is 50-50 for @FriarsHockey vs. Lowell this wkend, says Nate Leaman. He's missed last 5 games w/lower body injury.
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Dumped up to 18th from 20th. Go job Friars!

I think that we all agree that PC has to take at least one game from UML this weekend to have a shot at home ice in the opening round of the HE playoffs. A lot riding on this weekend for the Friars. Sweeping UML would actually put them in the running for the NCAA tournament and being swept would really suck for their HE seeding.

Big weekend. Go Friars!

Comment

Donaldson has certainly taken notice:

http://news.providencejournal.com/sp...overnight.html
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Jon Rheault called up to the Florida Panthers today.

Comment

Working...
                                X