Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

We win!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Its a long ride home on the John Deere for Mullet head!
      Providence College
      National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Netman View Post
        Its a long ride home on the John Deere for Mullet head!
        Hah hahah! What a game!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

The last time PC beat UNH I was 15. Last time they beat them at UNH I was 12. Wow.
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

PC came ready to play. Talented squad.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
              PC came ready to play. Talented squad.
              Hard fought win. UNH didn't let up and keep the pressure going to the end. Exciting hockey game and the season series is a long way from over. I expect the game at PC will be another good one on the smaller sheet. UNH deserves their ranking and will be in the thick of things in the NCAA's.

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                The last time PC beat UNH I was 15. Last time they beat them at UNH I was 12. Wow.
                Last time PC beat UNH at UNH...I was a senior at UNH...
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

And once the Alliance was back on ... everything was right with the world. Well done Friars!
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

It is exciting to know that once again our Friars can win anywhere any night. Things are looking rosy.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      And once the Alliance was back on ... everything was right with the world. Well done Friars!
                      What he said! ^^^
                      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

And the next opponent: someone else we always lose to. Gotta love Hockey East.

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

PC loses to #18 UML, the now #15 team in the country, and beats the then #3 UNH Wildcats in Durham and actually FALLS in the rankings. W_T_F???

Unbelievable!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                            PC loses to #18 UML, the now #15 team in the country, and beats the then #3 UNH Wildcats in Durham and actually FALLS in the rankings. W_T_F???

Unbelievable!!!
                            had we not lost to UML, we'd still drop. Stupid polls...

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Good news everyone! The HE blog is picking us to split and get swept respectively!
                              I feel much better now!

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

In 40 years of regularly going to PC games that was the absolute worst display of school spirit I have ever seen. You know they allowed only X amount of tickets for student and people said they saw some turned away, yet I would say half of them stopped tapping on their iphones and went home after the 2nd period. Was not like this was a game were getting killed in, or a dull dump and chase hockey games. Also was not like this was an unimportant game and it wasn't that late (2nd period ended about 8:20ish) God help if they do want games in Hockey East to start at 7:30 next year, the students will leave after the 1st period. We need a 6:15 start obviously to keep them at the game till it is over

Maybe Providence is too much a basketball school--bball has 2 halves so hockey must have only 2 periods

They certainly must not have endeared themselves to the powers to be either by once again yelling F BU which they got scolded for after the first game last year
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X