PC Hockey - On the road back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
    ^^ agreed...and they weren't bad. Should be a good season and I'm glad things finally came together for my senior year.
    I think it is a statement at how good the freshmen are...McParland was very good tonight and he didn't even score...this team is big and should be able to compete if the defense can play better...didn't think they were crisp tonight
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

A few thoughts:

1. Very solid win even knowing you were playing one of the weakest D1 teams. Gave you a chance to iron out the kinks.
      2. Obviously Sacred Heart was not much of an offensive threat and we will need to find out more when he is really pressured, but Gillies looked fundamentally strong, kicking rebounds out of the way and generally keeping the crease area under control. He also appears to be very quick with the glove.
      3. I thought the defense was solid....they were never hemmed in by SHU in their own end. They transitioned the puck well and got the puck to our forwards down low for good shots. I did not think they tried to really to score with shots on goal
      4. Thought Gilmour fit right in....did not look out of place on D and offensively had a couple assists and did put the puck on net.
      5. Hopefully Harvey did not return after going down was a product of the score and being careful......right now that is the area with the least experienced depth.
      6. Saracino was out due to injury and he should add more to the offense when he returns
      7. Best line was Mauerman/Demo/Luke which was the one line that had played together most of the 2nd half of last year.
      8. The Schaller/Janko/Army line looked a little disjointed.....quite possibly they were trying to make it Jankowski's night. Also all 3 guys are centers and maybe there is an adjustment period.
      9. On the other hand Jankowski's is the sniper we have been looking for. Needs to continue to bulk up a bit, but he seemed to loom where the puck ended up.
      10. I was impressed with Noel Acciari...pity he had to sit out last year, he too would have added a demension to our offense. He is a bull and clearly loves to mix it up.......he will be the guy in this class who in the end who has the best 4 year career.
      11. Adding DeJersey and McPharland you have a couple more guys who know the purpose of this game is to score...another factor that has been missing the last 10 years.
      12. Was surprised Kevin Rooney was in the lineup however he looked right in place on the 4th line. While he got no points you knew he was around. Also has nice size.
      13. Speaking of which by and large we had pretty good size in the lineup which seems to be a nice change in direction.
      14. Beside Rooney the only other forward without a point was Schaller
      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Most impressive thing about Acciari was him booting Murphy out of a defensive draw at the end of the second period with like two seconds left!

Comment

Looking forward to this one. This will be a good test for both teams. I expect both goalies see a lot of rubber. Hopefully the zebras keep out of the way and let the boys play.
          Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
            Looking forward to this one. This will be a good test for both teams. I expect both goalies see a lot of rubber. Hopefully the zebras keep out of the way and let the boys play.
            You know PC will get a five minute major within the first three minutes of the game! BU is a house of horrors for them

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
              Say hi to Jack and Mr. C for me tonight and give Shy Terrier a hug and a kiss. Sorry I won't be making the trek. It's our only weekend off between now and the Frozen Four I think.

Comment

Got pretty good last minute tickets. Hope its a good one!

Comment

Can I just say how stupid BU's alcohol serving policy is? I'm 21 and they wouldn't serve me a beer because I'm from Maine and not 25.
                  Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Can I just say how stupid BU's alcohol serving policy is? I'm 21 and they wouldn't serve me a beer because I'm from Maine and not 25.
                    Can someone explain how on earth in 2012 this is legal? It sounds like blatant discrimination.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

PC up 2-1 almost halfway through the 2nd.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        Can someone explain how on earth in 2012 this is legal? It sounds like blatant discrimination.
                        You have to be 25 with an out of state ID
                        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I believe the TD Bank Garden has the same policy.

Comment

Terrible performance by the upper classmen tonight. They have been the worst players on this team through two games.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                              I mean...it's not any less stupid.

I think they looked alright. I'm pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                                They do. You can also show a passport too if you're under 25. I believe it's because of the high number of fake ID's in Boston with the number of college students. Still an extremely dumb rule.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X