X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Originally posted by Netman View Post
    They were sold out of the championship tshirt. Sorry
    Mrs. Jon's Christmas shopping just got harder. Sigh...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
      He has to be better than Bunyon
      And Benedetto

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        This might only be interesting to me but one of the refs was only 22 or 23 years old today. Crazy to see him doing D-1 hockey at that young of age...People around me thought he was 14 years old.

http://www.thesomervillenews.com/archives/11865
        Over the years and in too many hockey arenas, I have not been shy about sharing my opinion of the quality of the guys in stripes. That being said, for this young guy to be refereeing at this level at his age is quite an accomplishement. Thanks for sharing the article Zlax, it is worth reading.

Now I do look forward to letting the young man know just want kind of a lousy job he is doing when I see him in some rink somewhere.

Comment

• I did not see the game but got updates by following Mark Divver's twitter. Just by the fact he covers both teams and I would say his goal is to publicize positively (and he certainly has given Brown good pub) the college game. My take from his account was that Brown lost their discipline. Early on he called the Lappin and Acciari non penalties. However as the lead up to the 3rd Friar goal he said Brown needed to play smarter and he called Crowley out for putting Brown 2men by snowing Gillies.
          Now my guess is someone from Brown carefully scouted the PC Quinnipiac game and decided that was how you beat PC. Trouble for Brown is they are not as physical as the Q, not as experienced and not as fast. Where the Bobcats were a step faster than PC, it was PC who was a. Step faster Brown. Add in from Divver's account PC laid some big hits on brown, he specifically referenced Acciari's game and a Chris Rooney hit on the much bigger Hathaway, then throw in the game slipping away in the 2nd period and you have a recipe for a team intent on playing a physical but on very frustrated and just lose their discipline.

Anyway from a Providence perspective compared to past years 13 goals in 5 games is a pretty good pace, however being shutout 3 times goes to the inconsistency of a young team.

Is interesting though in the 2 games PC scored Chris Rooney dressed and played a role. Should be hard to get him out of the lineup, Still I suspect Demopoulos could be back this week (it has been the 6 weeks) and that makes for some tough lineup decisions.

Also Schaller and Harvey, and they did have the misconducts, we're 2 of the 5 Friars not to get a point.

Coming into the season Harvey in name was our top Dman but if this team progresses as we all hope it is very possible that by year end he could have Fallen to much lower. Let's face it by now at 24 Harvey is what he is, on the other hand we have 2 promising freshman and Hart came in at only 19 (even Velischek came young)

Over a third of our goals have been scored by Freshman.....the seniors have only 5 and 2 of those are by Murphy playing his first year at PC and who has less experience than most of our sophomores
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Any chance Will Goss might see ice time this year?
            Montesano?
            Brooks Behling?

I know we are deeper but these guys are the only three I don't have a clue about their status Just wondering...
            Last edited by The Zlax45; 11-26-2012, 12:14 AM.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Don't look now, but PC almost cracked the USCHO top 20 this week.

Comment

The Freds and Jon...been a long time fellas...hope the holiday season is treating you both well...looks like a fun weekend coming up with the Friars and Warriors playing a home and home...I'm going to try to make it down there on Saturday...but not sure if that is possible yet...plus, since my mom's passing in September, I've sort of been avoiding going to games b/c it reminds me of her and the numerous MC games we went to over the years...but I guess I gotta pick myself up, dust myself off, and get back to watching the greatest game in the world...so hopefully I'll see you guys there on Saturday. It will be a bittersweet moment for sure...and who knows, hopefully the Warriors can surprise me with at least a couple points this weekend Happy Holidays guys!!
                As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

MCH I'm very sorry to read of your mother's passing. Words cannot accurately express the sentiments I'd like to convey but please know, from those of us who unfortunately have experience in this area, that you are on our minds and we are wishing you and your family all the best. Do ALL the things that remind you of her cause that where our loved ones go to reconnect with us. Try it and see. Again, please accept my condolences.

On to hockey. Hope to see you at Schneider on Saturday if you can make it. I'd love to go Friday night but worried about getting up there and not getting in. Your team is pretty good these days.
                  This should be a great weekend of hockey between these two teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    Hey, at least we have a female posting now in this thread!
                    PC91 has been posting here for a long time.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

[QUOTE=theprofromdover;5561031]PC91 has been posting here for a long time.[/QUOTE

**** that's cold.

Comment

Originally posted by MCHOCKEY View Post
                        The Freds and Jon...been a long time fellas...hope the holiday season is treating you both well...looks like a fun weekend coming up with the Friars and Warriors playing a home and home...I'm going to try to make it down there on Saturday...but not sure if that is possible yet...plus, since my mom's passing in September, I've sort of been avoiding going to games b/c it reminds me of her and the numerous MC games we went to over the years...but I guess I gotta pick myself up, dust myself off, and get back to watching the greatest game in the world...so hopefully I'll see you guys there on Saturday. It will be a bittersweet moment for sure...and who knows, hopefully the Warriors can surprise me with at least a couple points this weekend Happy Holidays guys!!
                        I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully, we'll see you on Saturday.

Are we thinking split this weekend?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by MCHOCKEY View Post
                          So sorry to hear about your mom. That's lousy. Life does go on though. Whenever I'm at a college game, I always think of my dad and all the years we went to games together. Even though it has been almost six years since he left us, he seems to show up in some strange ways every now and then. Just ask Netman. It should be a good weekend. Sorry I won't be there to say hi.
                          Last edited by The Freds; 11-28-2012, 06:59 PM.

Comment

To Fred, John and PC91...thank you all for your kind words and sentiments...means a lot...

On to the games...Jon, do I expect a split? Honestly, no...MC has struggled as of late to pick up a "W"...they take a nice 3-0 lead on BC only to have BC come back and beat them 4-3...then they struggle offensively against Colgate ending in a 1-1 tie.

Could they split? Sure...I'd actually be thrilled with 2 points this weekend...but PC has a good team down there so we can't "Expect" anything.

Hope to see you Sat. night, but it's looking less and less likely
                            As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Demoupolous is likely coming back this weekend for PC...I consider him PC's best or second best offensive threat so that should help with the depth which seems much better this season!
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Nice Win!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X