Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
    Former Northeastern commit and current Cedar Rapids Roughrider (USHL) has committed to Providence per his teammates.

Earlier in the year he made ESPN's #1 Top play with this goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn3cmTR4ASc
    OMG THAT KID!?!!?!?! THAT'S SO SICK. I'm literally freaking out right now.

Can I not graduate? Between hockey and basketball, PC sports seem to be getting amazing right as I leave!
    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I'm a very casual PC hockey fan, last night was only my second game ever at Schneider, and am more of a pro hockey guy. My brother is a PC grad, but more of a basketball guy whereas I went to a non hockey (actually, practically non-sports) school. But anyway I've enjoyed the games I've seen and plan to attend more.

I thought PC dominated play in the first period and part of the third, but the bad penalties (some by us, some from the refs) obviously stifled the Friars. Very impressed with this young team going against what appeared to be a fairly experienced Quinnipiac club, and I would say it looks good for the future especially with a NHL drafted freshman goalie who looks solid already.

I had to laugh at people knocking "Snowshoes" Harvey. I've been watching this guy since last year and he already looks like the type the P-Bruins would sign to a PTO at the end of the season. Big league size but trouble with his feet. I also noticed Chris Rooney didn't play. Is he hurt? He stood out in that Merrimack game last year as a real scrappy kid.

Comment

I too thought Chris Rooney added a good spark to the team last Friday vs. Northeastern - and was surprised he didn't play last night. Maybe it was the fact that Noel Accari was back and they play a similar game??

Comment

Just herd PC signed another local recruit

Comment

Originally posted by Friartown View Post
            Just herd PC signed another local recruit
            http://hockeyrecruits4u.wordpress.com/
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
              Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
                What he said.

Comment

Rember we were just hoping to get to Boston this year, its next year we want to go to Philly !!!!!!

Comment

So what is the buzz on the Mayor's Cup Tournament? Will it sell out again? I imagine the atmosphere will be on a par with the Beanpot as usual. Go Friars!

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                      What he said.
                      I am a girl.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                        So what is the buzz on the Mayor's Cup Tournament? Will it sell out again? I imagine the atmosphere will be on a par with the Beanpot as usual. Go Friars!
                        At least it wasn't scheduled during a Pats' playoff game this year! There could be upwards of 60 people in the stands!

Comment

End of 2:
                          Goons 3
                          Bruno: 0

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                            I am a girl.
                            As to my original post, what she (PCFriars13) said.

Sorry, no offense intended

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              End of 2:
                              Goons 3
                              Bruno: 0
                              Jon, were you in attendance?

Comment

I wonder if the mayor was there to present the trophy?

Comment

Working...
                                X