This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Lawrence Hockey

Well,what did everyone think of last saturdays game? Not alot of talk out there.

Re: St Lawrence Hockey

Didn't see it; didn't hear it. Followed the live stats.
    Having said all that--seemed as if it was a very even game, and for me the most interesting thing was that Greg C is already "untracked."
    I also liked the fact that C put the hurt on some other team the next night. w00t!
    One other thing--if we can be competitive at WMU, I'll be revising my ECAC prediction. It's shaping up to be a pretty tough weekend coming up, IMHO.

Comment

Watched the game on America One. SLU was much faster, more athletic & more aggressive. Carlton however was a pretty good team with a pretty good goalie.
      Originally posted by apple2k View Post
      Having said all that--seemed as if it was a very even game, and for me the most interesting thing was that Greg C is already "untracked."
      I also liked the fact that C put the hurt on some other team the next night. w00t!
      One other thing--if we can be competitive at WMU, I'll be revising my ECAC prediction. It's shaping up to be a pretty tough weekend coming up, IMHO.

Comment

Well seeing as we won in OT and were ahead until WMU scored an extra attacker goal perhaps it's time to revisit your predictions.

Way to go boys. Nice win tonight!!!!
        SLU

Comment

Yes, a nice win in a hostile building full of loud hostiles! Two things, though:
          --Didn't we allow a LOT of teams to score EN goals last year? Ouch.
          --Won't other teams figure out a way to shut down our one terrific line? We need secondary scorers.
          Let's see how the game goes tonight, especially 5 on 5--seemed to me that while our PP was terrific, we struggled at even strength.
          Oh, one other thing: seemed as if we were very disciplined, took no "bad" penalties--and when we were on the PK, shut them down really well.

Comment

Saints - Great opening! Had to 'watch' via Live Stats (have yet to figure out the audio feed). Great to see the boys not give up after loosing the lead in last 30 sec. Have to control more face offs - is that SLU's Achilles Heel? Good Luck tonight and with the rest of the season.

Comment

Great opening win last night Saints! A tough place to win at. follow it up tonight,tighten down the defense,

Comment

Nice win wtg !!!
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by SLUdad View Post
                  Saints - Great opening! Had to 'watch' via Live Stats (have yet to figure out the audio feed). Great to see the boys not give up after loosing the lead in last 30 sec. Have to control more face offs - is that SLU's Achilles Heel? Good Luck tonight and with the rest of the season.
                  Unfortunately the audio feed is not working this weekend...something to do with the way it is wired and feedback to the broadcast line. The guys at the station have promised to fix it and have it ready for the Maine games and the rest of the way. I think when it is up and running it will be a lot clearer and more reliable than our old system. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by SLUdad View Post
                    There was a live audio feed through the Western Michigan website. I am not sure if you knew this or not.
                    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Gotta love seeing a positive start against a team that should be very strong this year. Faceoffs have been the achilles heal of this team for the past decade probably, never seem to beat teams in that category. Hopefully they can grab another dubya tonight!!

Comment

Great win against a very strong team! WMU is one of the best coached college teams that I've seen; sophisticated - multiple breakout schemes, collapsing team defense plus a very talented group of players with multiple NHL draft choices. The SLU 1st line is excellent, especially on the power play and I agree SLU will need secondary scoring. Wasn't the game winner secondary scoring and 5X5? I can't speak to historical face off difficulties but last year SLU won the season battle with Flanagan, Essery, Thompson and Armstrong (primary face off players) all over 50%. Although face off wins last night was very poor, from what I saw 5x5 team defensive breakdowns was the real issue causing WMU's first two goals. Goal 2 was especially ugly as a WMU player skated right around a wing and defender to shoot within 3 feet of Weneinger untouched....I agree with Saints7 - team defense (all 5 skaters) cannot breakdown that is the primary issue at this point. What was great to see is now 2 weeks in a row getting a win in overtime after the opponent scored late. Last year that did not happen

Comment

Originally posted by elsid View Post
                          Unfortunately the audio feed is not working this weekend...something to do with the way it is wired and feedback to the broadcast line. The guys at the station have promised to fix it and have it ready for the Maine games and the rest of the way. I think when it is up and running it will be a lot clearer and more reliable than our old system. Thanks for your patience.
                          In tonight's game, it's 1-0 WMU after 1. WMU Audio feed is at: http://wkzo.com/listen-live/?ATCLID=...DB_OEM_ID=4600

Women's team had a tough weekend, losing 5-0 and 6-0 to #1 Minnesota at Appleton.
                          GO SAINTS.

Comment

Well, a split isn't awful, and there are some obvious positives to take away from the weekend:
                            --Flanagan!
                            --Weninger!
                            Unfortunately, allowing the opposition to use Weninger as a target for shooting practice is not a great sign for our "defense."

Comment

Well, a split isn't awful, and there are some obvious positives to take away from the weekend:
                              --Flanagan!
                              --Weninger!
                              Unfortunately, allowing the opposition to use Weninger as a target for shooting practice is not a great sign for our "defense."
                              Guess our opponents were a bit better prepared on Saturday night. After Friday it sounded like they came out loaded for bear and probably got a stern lecture. Nice that the result was close but not so nice as you say that we were out shot by such a wide margin. Flanny and Carey are off to hot starts. Can't wait to see some of the freshman but first chance for me won't be until Joe Marsh weekend.
                              SLU

Comment

Working...
                              X