This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimU View Post
    . . . by going to Brown? Mission accomplished.
    Taking some shots at the Brown experience here, huh? I had to double check the record books to see why you were talking like you were on par with a BC, BU, UND,Clarkson, etc.....didn't see it? And academically.....I think SLU sent me an acceptance letter and I didn't even apply. They said I had a pulse and a HS diploma so I qualified.

Comment

Originally posted by Brunofan View Post
      Taking some shots at the Brown experience here, huh? I had to double check the record books to see why you were talking like you were on par with a BC, BU, UND,Clarkson, etc.....didn't see it? And academically.....I think SLU sent me an acceptance letter and I didn't even apply. They said I had a pulse and a HS diploma so I qualified.
      Lol you mad bro? Must be fun for the Bruno hockey team playing in front of a raucous 750 fans most games, isn't it? And Meehan, man what a splendid place to play! Best rink in the ECAC, hands down.

Comment

Brunofan, I was just kind of wondering if in your assiduous Ivy League standard reseach effort you looked at how many ECAC championhips Brown has won? Trips to the NCAAs? Frozen Fours? Championship Games? And, of course Brown scrapes up and admits all those kids of celebrities purely on their merits.

You know what?

Brown is a very very good university with a sad hockey tradition and an even more pathetic facility. St. Lawrence is a very good college with a rich hockey tradition and a beautiful, historic facility (and incidentally is one of only four of the 56 D1 hockey schools, along with Brown, sporting a perfect academic advancement rate for its players. Now, could you please go back to your freezing cold, echoing, empty igloo of a rink to admire your acceptance letter?
        Last edited by bcarlisle; 10-30-2012, 03:11 AM.
        St. Lawrence University
        World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Re: St Lawrence Hockey

Actually, no I wasn't. Brown has been our nemesis for quite a while now in case you hadn't noticed. But it was nice of you to show up here and act like an ignorant blowhard anyway.

Comment

My SLU education has served me very well over the years....................I can really thank my lucky stars, you ignorant fool, that I had a pulse and a HS diploma when I applied.
            GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by freego View Post
              Thanks, Bob, for providing that link. I look forward to seeing you on Thursday in Canton, where much will be found to do [I WILL be making the trip, gfmorris].
              GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                Lol you mad bro? Must be fun for the Bruno hockey team playing in front of a raucous 750 fans most games, isn't it? And Meehan, man what a splendid place to play! Best rink in the ECAC, hands down.
                Very funny. I question that SLU experience up in majestic Canton, NY in the same manner as the "Brown, really?", and there are 'better choices" comments - and the SLU "ignorant blowhards" come out of the woodwork as expected! Way to stand up for your school boys.

I loved Meehan, and you all would have as well if you were lucky enough to get one of those acceptance letters. I recall Appelton was somewhat of a dump when I played there....haven't seen the updates since then but i'm sure you appreciate the charm and tradition of an older rink as we do in Providence.

Looks like you have a strong team this year, but despite not having the same constraints academically and financially you've had your challenges here and there since your last major run in '88 as well. Despite our 'sad hockey tradition and pathetic rink' - I guess it speaks volumes that Lappin would choose to pay to go to Brown over a free education at the institution where his father thrived.

Comment

I dont know how many of you have read this but its a great piece about Joe Marsh from former player Jamie Baker.

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/blogpost....id=DL|SJS|home

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
                    My SLU education has served me very well over the years....................I can really thank my lucky stars, you ignorant fool, that I had a pulse and a HS diploma when I applied.
                    Way to go Muskieman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8LFyyiv93s&feature=fvwrel
                    Last edited by Brunofan; 10-30-2012, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Very funny. I question that SLU experience up in majestic Canton, NY in the same manner as the "Brown, really?", and there are 'better choices" comments - and the SLU "ignorant blowhards" come out of the woodwork as expected! Way to stand up for your school boys.

I loved Meehan, and you all would have as well if you were lucky enough to get one of those acceptance letters. I recall Appelton was somewhat of a dump when I played there....haven't seen the updates since then but i'm sure you appreciate the charm and tradition of an older rink as we do in Providence.

Looks like you have a strong team this year, but despite not having the same constraints academically and financially you've had your challenges here and there since your last major run in '88 as well. Despite our 'sad hockey tradition and pathetic rink' - I guess it speaks volumes that Lappin would choose to pay to go to Brown over a free education at the institution where his father thrived.
                      Don't you have a bridge you should be hiding under somewhere? If you're lucky, maybe we'll welcome you in here to talk strictly hockey when we play y'all.

Comment

Hey , would you please post a copy of your acceptance letter to Brown here on this thread so that we can all bask in your awesomeness? You have it right? You look at it 15 times a day, don't you? I'll see of I can't dig out my wait list letter from Brown to make you look even better. Do you have your SAT scores? We'd be honored if you shared them with us. And, the allegations of your ignorance above? Not insults, just fact. The hockey players at SLU have sometimes outperformed the general student body in GPA. Hockey scholarships bring in better, not worse students. I'm not here to argue that we have higher acceptance standards overall but you are sorely lacking on the facts. Canton is not for everyone but it's not any better or worse than your mobbed up, past it's prime New England industrial town.
                        Last edited by bcarlisle; 10-30-2012, 08:59 PM.
                        St. Lawrence University
                        World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Originally posted by bcarlisle View Post
                          Hey , would you please post a copy of your acceptance letter to Brown here on this thread so that we can all bask in your awesomeness? You have it right? You look at it 15 times a day, don't you? I'll see of I can't dig out my wait list letter from Brown to make you look even better. Do you have your SAT scores? We'd be honored if you shared them with us. And, the allegations of your ignorance above? Not insults, just fact. The hockey players at SLU have sometimes outperformed the general student body in GPA. Hockey scholarships bring in better, not worse students. I'm not here to argue that we have higher acceptance standards overall but you are sorely lacking on the facts. Canton is not for everyone but it's not any better or worse than your mobbed up, past it's prime New England industrial town.
                          Carlisle - too bad SLU didn't offer a Sense of Humor course when you were there. I guess it's hard for you to lighten up if you've saved and obsessed over a 'wait list' letter all these years. Poked a little fun at your school in retaliation for dumping on Brown, you'll get over it.

Hijacking of the thread over. I don't have a bridge to climb under here in the states as someone suggested, but i'll check the portfolio as I think I might own one in London.

Comment

So, after we were rudely interrupted... UAH this weekend for a couple. I truly hope we reciprocate these 2 games next year and make the trip south, as UAH has been really struggling to get home dates, plus who doesn't like a little trip down below the mason-dixon in the winter?

Hopefully the boys come out and take care of business and continue the strong start. These are 2 games they should win, and there should be no lack of motivation with it being Joe Marsh Weekend. Wish I was able to make it up there, however I'll have to wait a couple more weeks. For those of you making the trip, hope you see good hockey, and hope that the ceremonies are just as Joe would want them.

Comment

Carlisle - too bad SLU didn't offer a Sense of Humor course when you were there. I guess it's hard for you to lighten up if you've saved and obsessed over a 'wait list' letter all these years. Poked a little fun at your school in retaliation for dumping on Brown, you'll get over it.

Hijacking of the thread over. I don't have a bridge to climb under here in the states as someone suggested, but i'll check the portfolio as I think I might own one in London.
                              I was 1 of the 150 attendees at the SLU/Brown game at Meehan last winter. I found the 10 students that made up the student section to be rude, arrogant and unlike most student sections - chants that were very irritating and obnoxious. Many similarities with 1 Brown alum.

Comment

Originally posted by nhmonarch View Post
                                I was 1 of the 150 attendees at the SLU/Brown game at Meehan last winter. I found the 10 students that made up the student section to be rude, arrogant and unlike most student sections - chants that were very irritating and obnoxious. Many similarities with 1 Brown alum.
                                Code of silence lifted. Sure the attendance was 150? Was probalby not great but 150 sounds like a little white lie that makes it fit better into the rest of your little story. I have to sayy interaction with SLU grads has been pleasant. I have a number of them on my service staff - they are hard working (toilets, gardening, general maintenance, etc) but seem bitter.

When I asked one fine lad why he wasn't making better use of his SLU degree, he said he should have listened to his giudance counsler when he said he would be better off repeating four years of HS than becoming a Saint! But hey, the hockey team is off to a good start.

Comment

Working...
                                X