X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St Lawrence Hockey

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
    On another note ... Is it just me or does the media poll picking us to finish in 10th seem a bit off?
    That's nuts given the kind of firepower you have. Perhaps they don't respect your D or Goaltending. My NU Huskies were picked dead last in HEA. That is almost as crazy. We expect a real challenge when we get to Canton in three weeks. BTW I believe there's a return visit planned for next year that your Boston Alumni will enjoy.

Comment

So is there anyone here who was at Saturday's game and can report in on how things looked?
      SLU '97

Comment

Last word on free SLU HD w/ thanks to Margie Strait and Joe Keniston :
        HD is not w/ America One who have reportedly agreed to credit me the $150
        SLU65

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          The hi def from New Haven last year may have been provided by Yale All Access, America One will be a downgrade IMO, for Yale fans at least.
          AmericaOne is a downgrade for everyone. Ever see what they do to a beautiful HD broadcast?

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
            According to a note from the team I received.....it is free all season.
            This is fantastic news! Having moved from Canton to Plattsburgh recently, I will not be able to make every home game for the first time in many many years. I will make as many as possible, but knowing that I don't have to pay in the hundreds to be able to watch online is exceptional. Thank you for the info!
            St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
            4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
            2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
            16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
            9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
            2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
              That's nuts given the kind of firepower you have. Perhaps they don't respect your D or Goaltending. My NU Huskies were picked dead last in HEA. That is almost as crazy. We expect a real challenge when we get to Canton in three weeks. BTW I believe there's a return visit planned for next year that your Boston Alumni will enjoy.
              See, the more I look at things and think about it, I can kinda understand where the skepticism is coming from. I mean, we did lose a couple All Americans who played integral rolls in both our offensive and defensive systems. At the same point we do have quite a bit of fire power coming back on offense and a proven goaltender who should have a tremendous senior season. My one question is with the defense, hopefully some of these young D can adapt quickly to the college level and the proven leaders can up their game a bit. If this happens, in my opinion, we will finish much higher than the 10th we have been predicted to be in. Only time will tell.

16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
              9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000

Comment

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
                Having had a financial, as well as a fan interest in last year's Yale All Access, I am very curious to see what the Ivy League Digital Network looks like; they are off to less than a stellar start with me, as I could not get them to tell me what Mens' Hockey games will be carried. And the price was certainly "right" with the YAA.
                Steve, Are Adlon and crew still providing the feed? when I went on the Ivy League digital Network site, it stated that the programming was called Yale All Access. $60+ for a season pass to all IVY events is marginal, but being able to watch all the league teams (including resurgent Yale Football) would be cool. BTW, the hockey games being droadcasted are listed on the schedule on the site. http://www.ivyleaguedigitalnetwork.c...eague/schedule
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Pretty good article in the Watertown Times this morning on Greg Carey:
                  http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/a...TS03/710109786
                  Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
                    So is there anyone here who was at Saturday's game and can report in on how things looked?
                    Sorry about the slow reply. Last Saturday the Saints looked much better than a 10th place ECAC team(as predicted in preseason polls). The Carey\Carey\Wick line was outstanding and will be a handful for any opposing team to contend with. The chemistry they have is amazing and they are fun to watch. The Wick goal in particular, Greg Carey gave Wick a drop-pass, thru the legs that Wick stepped into for a one-timer. The Carleton goalie had no chance. The second line was Ward between Hughes and Doherty. Good, solid line but the Saints might have a situation like last year where they were so dependent on the Flanagan, Carey, Wick line for all of their offensive production. Really liked the freshmen "D". Bayreuther is a great skater and extremely composed at all times. Showed he has a great shot from the point with his goal. Masella is a good skater with size. Looked very good for his first collegiate game. Sweetman had one mistake on the first Carleton goal but was very solid throughout the rest of the game. McMullan and Graham were the 4th pairing out (SLU suited up about 23-24 players since it was an exhibition). I would assume they are the odd men out when the games count. Weninger was his usual, solid self in goal. No worries in net for the Saints. Depth looks much improved over last year. The coaching staff did a great job in bringing in a great recruiting class that will contribute immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                      This is fantastic news! Having moved from Canton to Plattsburgh recently, I will not be able to make every home game for the first time in many many years. I will make as many as possible, but knowing that I don't have to pay in the hundreds to be able to watch online is exceptional. Thank you for the info!
                      But you have the (probable) pre season #1 in Plattsburgh in your own back yard. It's pretty good hockey and Stafford is a rollicking good place to watch a game.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
                        Expanding upon my previous post about last Saturdays game; I feel that SLU is much better than a preseason #10 pick in the ECAC. However - the ECAC will be extremely competitive this year. Yale and Q are both coming off championship seasons. RPI may be the team to beat this year with possibly the best goalie in the country. Union has been very solid over the past several years. Cornell is always good and has traditionally been the team to beat in the ECAC. Brown has improved a great deal the past few seasons and should be a threat. Colgate is young and fast, and Clarkson is coming off a very good weekend at Niagara. Harvard always brings in top recruits and, one of these years, that will pay off. Princeton and Dartmouth should be solid as well. There will be no easy nights and I think it will be wide open this year with no dominating teams like we have seen in previous seasons. The conference as a whole seems to have improved and I feel that they are winning many more recruiting battles than they have in the past. St. Lawrence very well may finish 10th but they are going to be a hard-working, well-coached, fun team to watch. Can't wait to get it going!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          But you have the (probable) pre season #1 in Plattsburgh in your own back yard. It's pretty good hockey and Stafford is a rollicking good place to watch a game.
                          I have actually been to a few games. It's quite fun, but not the same as a game in Appleton. I'll try my best to make as many as possible

Comment

Nice win.

Very very nice broadcast.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Nice win.

Very very nice broadcast.
                              Thanks Joe. The upgrade to the broadcast is a big step forward and offering it to us for free is much appreciated.

Nice start by the Saints. Congrats on starting the season off with a win. Nice to see the scoring come from different lines too!!! Go get 'em Saturday night.
                              SLU

Comment

I tried viewing it and received a message indicating I did not have an adaptive player. I've been able to view all other broadcasts without a problem on other sites.
                                Last edited by Runsub5; 10-11-2013, 10:36 PM. Reason: added info.

Comment

Working...
                                X