• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St Lawrence Hockey

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    so 50 years of mediocrity and then
    when Maine did it, they did it right.
    not sure why you decided to go there.
    I find the perspective of the people and fans of Orono very interesting. While at the games at Alfond this weekend and then at the 99 in Bangor I was asked, "So why did your kid choose St. Lawrence, what is there to do in Canton, NY?"

Comment

Fun start to the season! Two weeks of practice is going to make these lines even stronger. I like the move to split Flanny and Carey up--their production didn't suffer because of it. Wenny was a beast in goal, especially Saturday. He's the unsung hero of the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by nhmonarch View Post
        I find the perspective of the people and fans of Orono very interesting. While at the games at Alfond this weekend and then at the 99 in Bangor I was asked, "So why did your kid choose St. Lawrence, what is there to do in Canton, NY?"
        There's plenty to do in Canton, NY. I was never bored while in school, and my subsequent and frequent visits there have always been fun. SLU is a great school in a great college town.

Congrats to the Saints on a fantastic start. I picked us 9th in the ECAC Preseason Poll here on USCHO and hope that the Saints shove that pick right down my throat.
        GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSaint View Post
          Fun start to the season! Two weeks of practice is going to make these lines even stronger. I like the move to split Flanny and Carey up--their production didn't suffer because of it. Wenny was a beast in goal, especially Saturday. He's the unsung hero of the weekend.
          I think the hiring of Mayotte, a great goalie while at Union, has really helped Wenny to take his play to the next level. Kudos to both and to the team.
          GO SAINTS.

Comment

Here are several of my take-aways from the weekend:
            1. SLU can score. From all over the ice.
            2. This team is not afraid of mixing it up, because the PK is outta sight.
            3. The other team should be afraid of mixing it up. Guess why.
            4. Goaltending is a strength of this team.
            5. Good thing, because the D allows a heck of a lot of shots, although most are long-range so far.
            6. The new Carvel system appears to be working, and a whole bunch of SLU fans are excited about the new era.
            7. A few Maine fans are unhappy with their coach.
            8. As far as whether or not Canton was a fun place to go to school, I have just one word: BOONIE!

Comment

Congratulations to St. Lawrence on their weekend sweep. Very good goal tender and big physical players who can skate. Not sure how far they will go this season, but from what I saw this weekend this team appears to be solid.

Comment

Originally posted by apple2k View Post
                Here are several of my take-aways from the weekend:
                1. SLU can score. From all over the ice.
                2. This team is not afraid of mixing it up, because the PK is outta sight.
                3. The other team should be afraid of mixing it up. Guess why.
                4. Goaltending is a strength of this team.
                5. Good thing, because the D allows a heck of a lot of shots, although most are long-range so far.
                6. The new Carvel system appears to be working, and a whole bunch of SLU fans are excited about the new era.
                7. A few Maine fans are unhappy with their coach.
                8. As far as whether or not Canton was a fun place to go to school, I have just one word: BOONIE!
                Well, I'm sure Carvel doesn't want unnecessary penalties. Sure, the PK has looked good, but there are too many dangerous PP units in the ECAC to face.

Comment

Didn't quite crack the top 20 this week. Been a while since we could even think about that. Just 7 votes behind Qpac, who stand in 20th.

Comment

Nice start SLU...and good for the ECAC !! Congrats !
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by nhmonarch View Post
                      i find the perspective of the people and fans of orono very interesting. While at the games at alfond this weekend and then at the 99 in bangor i was asked, "so why did your kid choose st. Lawrence, what is there to do in canton, ny?"
                      lmao
                      Originally posted by Hokydad
                      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                        Didn't quite crack the top 20 this week. Been a while since we could even think about that. Just 7 votes behind Qpac, who stand in 20th.
                        Let me try to understand this,we can not crack the top twenty after opening the season 3-1 on the road.but we are ranked tenth in the pair wise rankings. We just never get the respect that we deserve.

Comment

The highlights from the second Maine game are on Youtube--if you haven't seen them, just check out the Coach's Twitter feed on the website, and hit the media button under Kris Mayotte. The last goal brought back memories of Da Broons and #4. Well, almost!

Comment

Congrats on the great start, I wish the Ivies were playing.

YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by saints7 View Post
                              Let me try to understand this,we can not crack the top twenty after opening the season 3-1 on the road.but we are ranked tenth in the pair wise rankings. We just never get the respect that we deserve.
                              Honestly, especially this early, polls mean squat. Would I like to see the team crack the rankings and hold their position until march? You bet. But if they keep doing their thing and winning, the accolades will come.

Comment

Polls mean squat "always". PWR is all that counts. Judging by the highlight reel on I guess "Youtube" you guys are in for a special season.
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X