This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St Lawrence Hockey

Glad to see all these posts and all this chatter!!! This team has got us all posting and talking which is great.

Another nice win and a come from behind at that. We win, RPI loses, the other stars align....Flanny gets a goal and an assist...Carey gets another goal, Hughes closing in on 100 points.....can it get any better than this???

Down here in Connecticut it was the big game between Q Pac and Ylae. It was on NBC Sports so got to watch it. Score was 4-1 Q Pac and they really pushed Ylae around (in my opinion.)

I'm guessing Dartmouth will be flying tomorrow night. They got whooped on tonight at Clarkson. They really are struggling to get their mojo back. Hope it doesn't happen tomorrow. ... I was at the Dartmouth game in Hanover with Tim U and after the first period we were thinking Dartmouth was bigger, stronger, faster.....so it is not going to be easy even if Dartmouth is struggling.

Let's go Saints....get another win tomorrow night. I'm guessing that game at RPI is going to be an interesting one next weekend.
    SLU

Comment

What is huge is that St. Lawrence's last 3 games are against TUC.
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Who'd of thought back in December that we'd be talking about the pairwise now? Nice game by the Saints tonight.................keep it up and the pairwise stuff will take care of itself.
        GO SAINTS.

Comment

Three goals on seven shots in third period, and Wenny handles thirteen of fourteen down the stretch!!!!!!Gotta love a strong horse with heart going strong down to the finish.

Comment

Great Win for the Saints! What a nice second half of the season so far. This is when winning really counts, gain momentum going into the playoffs and look to win the Championship. The only standings that matter are posted at the end of the year.

Go Saints Go!

Comment

• Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
              Who'd of thought back in December that we'd be talking about the pairwise now? Nice game by the Saints tonight.................keep it up and the pairwise stuff will take care of itself.
              . Talking about the Pairwise? He$&. Over on the bracketology thread, they already have us traveling to Grand Rapids to play Minnesota. What were we? Tied for last in the ECAC the second weekend in January?
              St. Lawrence University
              World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                What is huge is that St. Lawrence's last 3 games are against TUC.
                And the next 3 are as well.

While SLU has historically had several strong 2nd half turnarounds, this one has been incredible.

I think that with a win against Dartmouth, we would clinch home ice for the 1st round. The good news is we control our own destiny, and we don't need help if we keep winning.

Not to point fingers/mock anybody, and I'm sure they will gladly eat their words, but looking back at how negative the mood was on here back in Dec/Jan seems pretty funny now. Obviously we knew they were a better team than the performance was showing, which caused the negative mood, but this has been a very fun 6-7 week stretch, let's keep it going for another few weeks and let things happen as they will!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post

While SLU has historically had several strong 2nd half turnarounds, this one has been incredible.

I think that with a win against Dartmouth, we would clinch home ice for the 1st round. The good news is we control our own destiny, and we don't need help if we keep winning.

Not to point fingers/mock anybody, and I'm sure they will gladly eat their words, but looking back at how negative the mood was on here back in Dec/Jan seems pretty funny now. Obviously we knew they were a better team than the performance was showing, which caused the negative mood, but this has been a very fun 6-7 week stretch, let's keep it going for another few weeks and let things happen as they will!
                  We would clinch home ice and a first round bye with a win against Dartmouth, a Princeton win against Yale and a Harvard win against Clarkson. But, as you point out, just win and we control our own destiny.
                  St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                  4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                  2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                  16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                  9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                  2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Pairwise has us at #15 this morning. An incredible jump. Nice balanced scoring last night, and a strong 3rd period unlike so many games earlier in the year when we were outplayed in the last 20 minutes. Again, I credit the coaches and captains. They have this team prepared to close. Bring it home tonight boys!

Comment

Congrats on the win last night. This team continues to improve. Another big game tonight. Dartmouth will be real hungry after we surprised them at Thompson a month ago and they were beaten down last night at Cheel.

The Saints will need to keep bringing their A game. Keep it up guys!
                      SLU '97

Comment

Here is a pretty good website that gives the comparison breakdowns in the PWR for the Saints:

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankin....php?teamid=36
                        SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post

Hey, in late-September I picked us 9th in the ECAC Pick the Standings Contest and, as of late and today - am eating that pick. This "meal" tastes better than Prime Rib or Lobster.
                          Last edited by Muskieman; 02-23-2013, 01:29 PM.
                          GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
                            Hey, in late-September I picked us 9th in the ECAC Pick the Standings Contest and, as of late and today - am eating that pick. This "meal" tastes better than Prime Rib or Lobster.
                            I had them picked to finish 4th if I do recall so my pick is looking promising or at least close to it. I thought I was in trouble by about mid December

16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                            9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
                              I picked Cornell and Harvard 1 and 2.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I picked Cornell and Harvard 1 and 2.
                                Yikes!

Comment

Working...
                                X