X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St Lawrence Hockey

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
    The next two recruiting classes for the Saints look great. It's clear the coaches have been hard at work and have had some real successes.
    Nice rebound win by the Saints after a tough OT loss on Friday. That goal by Wick half-way through the 3rd was huge.

Heisenberg reports that Carson Gicewicz, a wing from Nichols Prep, is planning to arrive in Canton in 2015 or 2016. I am assuming that he is the younger brother of RJ Gicewicz (edit: he is), a highly-touted d-man from Nichols, expected to arrive in 2014 or 2015. Our recruiting looks fabulous.

On to Q'Pac and Princeton. It doesn't get more exciting than an opportunbity to play what assuredly will be the #1 team on the road, and then to play against BP at Hobey.
    Last edited by Muskieman; 02-11-2013, 11:05 AM.
    GO SAINTS.

Comment

Indeed it has been busy on the recruiting wire.

While it would have been nice, I can't blame Lappin for wanting to get an Ivy degree. While SLU is a very fine school as well, the Ivies are the Ivies. Even if it is Brown

Huge weekend coming up. Kind of wish I was still at school so I could make the road trip. Always enjoyed those 2 rinks. I'd be happy with taking 1 point this weekend and honestly thrilled with 2.

With 3 weeks left, Carey leads nation in Goals, Pts/g, and points. Flanny is 6th in nation in points.
      Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 02-11-2013, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        With 3 weeks left, Carey leads nation in Goals, Pts/g, and points. Flanny is 6th in nation in points.
        And George Hughes is second in the country for points by a defensemen.
        SLU '97

Comment

And George Hughes is second in the country for points by a defensemen.
          Certainly impressive.

Official: SLU @ #1 Quinnipiac Friday night.

Comment

Well, you would think that the guys will be up for that one. It will be interesting to see how far SLU has come since their first meeting of the year. One area the Saints need to work on this week, is there PK. Over the last few weeks, they have been giving up a few to many power play goals.
            SLU '97

Comment

One area the Saints need to work on this week, is there PK. Over the last few weeks, they have been giving up a few to many power play goals.
              Don't do that on our account. Our PP is our missing link. If it ever starts to click, watch out!

Anyone making the trek to Hamden? I know Friday games are tough considering the distance. I'm sure I'll see Mike (if he's dug out by then)... will I have to tolerate anyone else?
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                Don't do that on our account. Our PP is our missing link. If it ever starts to click, watch out!

Anyone making the trek to Hamden? I know Friday games are tough considering the distance. I'm sure I'll see Mike (if he's dug out by then)... will I have to tolerate anyone else?
                I'll be making the trek for Saturday's against Clarkson. May pick up a hockey jersey in the bookstore prior to the game.
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                  May pick up a hockey jersey in the bookstore prior to the game.
                  You can buy them at the rink too.
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                    I'd still have to go with Lappin, Lappin, Baker, McGeough and Hurlbut
                    I believe that goes without saying....
                    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                      I believe that goes without saying....
                      I was barely able to crawl when they were in action, so I can only go from what you guys have said about their abilities. My SLU watching days began in the mid 90's. Usually standing on a 5 gallon pail on the rail

Comment

Well, you would think that the guys will be up for that one. It will be interesting to see how far SLU has come since their first meeting of the year. One area the Saints need to work on this week, is there PK. Over the last few weeks, they have been giving up a few to many power play goals.
                        After the game I saw (granted, there's a tiny bit of bias since RPI had 2 PPGs and an effective third because your player was just coming out of the box when we scored), I'm going to echo this sentiment. One thing that does help that, though, is to stay out of the box.

Comment

I'm glad Harvard hasn't been envisioning all the ECAC teams in BU jerseys. They have done something we didn't do... 13 times. Score on BU

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                            Provided I can get out of Boston early enough I will be there Mark. My territory at work has changed up to Boston since last summer so I am on the road the whole week. Congrats on the number one ranking.
                            All dug out here in Killingworth although with all the rain today lord knows what iteration of slippery we will wake up to tomorrow.
                            SLU

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              After the game I saw (granted, there's a tiny bit of bias since RPI had 2 PPGs and an effective third because your player was just coming out of the box when we scored), I'm going to echo this sentiment. One thing that does help that, though, is to stay out of the box.
                              I just took a look at the conference only stats and we rank last in the ECAC on our penalty kill at 74%. Certainly room for improvement there.
                              SLU '97

Comment

Quinnipiac Coach Pecknold talks about their #1 ranking and their game Friday night against SLU. Talk about the Saints starts at the 5 minute mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DkzhoXRw8M
                                SLU '97

Comment

Working...
                                X