X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St Lawrence Hockey

Originally posted by elsid View Post
    Greg Carey will still get consideration for the Hobey as the coaches select three candidates from each conference regardless of the initial nominations.
    Great to hear! Thanks for the update elsid.
    SLU '97

Comment

Nolan Gluchowski a defenseman for the Tri-City Storm (USHL) has committed to SLU.
      Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by elsid View Post
        Greg Carey will still get consideration for the Hobey as the coaches select three candidates from each conference regardless of the initial nominations.
        Thanks for the info. Greg will more than likely be nominated, and deservedly so.
        GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBear View Post
          Nolan Gluchowski a defenseman for the Tri-City Storm (USHL) has committed to SLU.
          Here's the write-up, from the Tri City Storm website. Nolan will be joining the Saints in 2014:

GLUCHOWSKI COMMITS TO ST. LAWRENCEE

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

KEARNEY, Neb. – The coaching staff at St. Lawrence University hasn’t been shy about their feelings for some of the current Tri-City Storm players. On Tuesday, defenseman Nolan Gluchowski became the second Tri-City skater of the season to commit to play college hockey for the Saints.

Gluchowski, who is in his first full season with the Storm, said he fell in love with the school instantly when he stepped on the Canton, N.Y. campus last weekend.

“I really didn’t know what to expect,” Gluchowski said. “The campus is beautiful and the arena is awesome. It’s a nice old barn, and the student and city support they get is awesome. They’re just all for hockey and that’s what I loved.”

The defenseman has appeared in 33 games this season, registering six goals, six assists and 38 penalty minutes with a team high plus-minus rating of +8.

A Wixom, Mich. native, Gluchowski will join fellow Storm teammate Brian Ward at school in the fall of 2014, after spending another season playing for Tri-City.

“He is such a great teammate and leader,” Gluchowski said of Ward. “Playing another few years with him will be awesome.”

The 19-year-old said St. Lawrence gave him the option of coming back to Kearney, and he made the decision to stay with the Storm for another season.

“No matter what I was going to come back,” Gluchowski said. “I feel like another year of the USHL will get me more ready to play college hockey and I can step in and be a difference maker right away.”

When Gluchowski looks at his conference schedule, he’ll see a lot of familiar faces on opposing rosters. The Storm have six other skaters who are committed to play in the same conference as the Saints, the ECAC (Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference).

“I think it’s going to be a lot of fun,” Gluchowski said. “It’ll bring back a lot of memories of playing here. Some of my best buddies will be playing in the ECAC so it’ll be a good chance to get to see them often.”

The Storm are getting ready for a weekend of games that starts on Friday night in Lincoln against the Stars, and ends on Saturday night in Kearney when the Fargo Force come to town for a 7:05 p.m. game
          GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBear View Post
            Wasn't this guy in the movie Animal House???
            SLU

Comment

The next two recruiting classes for the Saints look great. It's clear the coaches have been hard at work and have had some real successes.
              SLU '97

Comment

Good article in today's Watertown Daily Times on Carey and the Saints. http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/a...TS03/702089947
                SLU '97

Comment

Absolutely devastating loss in overtime tonight ... Not good!
                  St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                  4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                  2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                  16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                  9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                  2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                    Absolutely devastating loss in overtime tonight ... Not good!
                    Devastating says it best. Let's hope that the Saints can learn from it and play better against Union.
                    GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                      Wasn't this guy in the movie Animal House???
                      That's Blutosky... he's in the following year's recruiting class. A transfer from Dartmouth, I mean, Faber. But he may not be able to stay eligible... recall his grades from Faber?
                      Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                        That's Blutosky... he's in the following year's recruiting class. A transfer from Dartmouth, I mean, Faber. But he may not be able to stay eligible... recall his grades from Faber?
                        TOGA, TOGA!!!!!

Tough one to lose.....even a tie would have been huge.
                        SLU

Comment

New game, new day ... Big one tonight against Union at Appleton ... We stand in 8th place, with a win and a few realistic wins and losses in the other games and we can be in a 4th place tie at the end of the night ... Let's go Saints!!!
                          St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                          4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                          2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                          16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                          9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                          2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                            New game, new day ... Big one tonight against Union at Appleton ... We stand in 8th place, with a win and a few realistic wins and losses in the other games and we can be in a 4th place tie at the end of the night ... Let's go Saints!!!
                            Just get points.

Comment

That's a great power play you guys have with really good movement; I'm sure any team in the league would like that. Sorry to see such a fluky goal at the end; even I didn't see it go in. Take out Union tonight; we'll look to do the same on CCT.

Comment

Watching Notre Dame ~ Michigan replay this morning on CBS Sports Network and Carey was one of the four Hobey Baker prospects the commentators mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X