X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St Lawrence Hockey

Originally posted by apple2k View Post
    I'm missing something, so help me out, guys. "Everyone" agrees that we have good coaching and good players--so why do we always give up leads? And to continue to lose at home. . . . This could be an amazingly depressing year, since I don't (and probably won't) even have the Laughs to laugh at.
    My wife and I are actually about to move from the Gunshine state back to the Umpire state, and one of my reasons was to be able to see the team play in person. Meh.
    Speaking my opinion without a filter:

Not enough depth. We have three lines and of those really only 1 or 2 are a threat to score.
    Not enough scoring. We get guys that score in junior and the come to Canton and are snakebit for 4 years.
    Not physical and strong enough on defense.
    Competent but not stellar goaltending.
    At times undisciplined, and from the guys that should be the leaders.

I think we need a star goaltender, 3-4 more guys that can score up front and some stud defenders. I think we have all of that except a goalie coming in.

Just remember Joe Marsh also started 0-7. Granted Joe's shelves were pretty heavily stocked. We have no where near that talent in the wings. We can play. We started strong and fell apart. Unfortunately, I think a lot of that is teams figuring out that what they need to do to stop us is stop Flanagan and Carey.

Right now, this is not very fun. Let's hope for some momentum and that it translates into a bit more momentum in recruiting.
    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

The 14-game winning streak has begun.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
        The 14-game winning streak has begun.
        To be ended next weekend .

Originally posted by Got 6 Want More
        Not enough depth. We have three lines and of those really only 1 or 2 are a threat to score.
        Not enough scoring. We get guys that score in junior and the come to Canton and are snakebit for 4 years.
        Ditto 10 miles up Route 11.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Got to go to the game last night. SLU carried the play over Brown and it was clear the better team won. SLU still needs to work on finishing the opposition, as it got a little to close in the last minute. Congrats Skating Saints! Keep up the hard work and you'll knock down those guys from Clarkson next Saturday. Go Saints!
          SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
            Speaking my opinion without a filter:

I think we need a star goaltender, 3-4 more guys that can score up front and some stud defenders. I think we have all of that except a goalie coming in.

Just remember Joe Marsh also started 0-7. Granted Joe's shelves were pretty heavily stocked. We have no where near that talent in the wings. We can play. We started strong and fell apart. Unfortunately, I think a lot of that is teams figuring out that what they need to do to stop us is stop Flanagan and Carey.

Right now, this is not very fun. Let's hope for some momentum and that it translates into a bit more momentum in recruiting.
            So the problems are solely player related?? This team (pretty much the same as last year) has shown it can compete and win against very good competition. I have watched a very inconsistent team that has difficulty holding a lead and seems to play not to lose. As far as the recruits I am sure they are good with a lot of potential. Wasn't the current Junior class ranked as one of the top classes nationally? It is time to see this team with a Hobey Baker candidate, a recognized recruiting class that are now upperclassman and a solid, seasoned goaltender start consistently over performing instead of under performing.

Comment

Hey, TicToc--
              Nice to see your post. I spent my entire 4 years at your place. How's Tony?

Comment

Originally posted by apple2k View Post
                Hey, TicToc--
                Nice to see your post. I spent my entire 4 years at your place. How's Tony?
                Hello apple2k,
                Nice! Everyone is well and business is good. Thursday & Saturday nights are all SLU! Go Skating Saints beat Clarkson!

Comment

was Nelson Armstrong leaving expected?....... http://theworldofjuniorhockey.blogsp...ml?utm_source=
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    was Nelson Armstrong leaving expected?....... http://theworldofjuniorhockey.blogsp...ml?utm_source=
                    Just saw that. Can't imagine it was expected. Hope it works out for him, but our defensive woes just increased.

Comment

Looks like this was a good decision for both Nelson and SLU. I wish and I'm sure the SLU family wish nothing, but the best for him. Here is the USCHO article on this:

http://www.uscho.com/2013/01/16/st-l...-petes-in-ohl/
                      SLU '97

Comment

at least we got one win against the weasels from brown. unfortunately, i was so drunk i fell asleep at the bar and never made it to the game. i found a great hangover cure on sunday though, pickled herring smothered in peanut butter. for real.

Comment

Hmm . . . if Brown is a bunch of weasels, then our opponent tomorrow night must be . . . .

Comment

Judgement day. This game will absolutely set the tone for whether we stay in the basement or begin a second half surge. Cluck Farkson, Go Saints.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              Judgement day. This game will absolutely set the tone for whether we stay in the basement or begin a second half surge. Cluck Farkson, Go Saints.
                              May the best team win. LGT LGT LGT
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                                May the best team win. LGT LGT LGT
                                Hi Vic,

If you and I guessed correctly, nobody wins, as we went with a tie in our USCHO picks.
                                GO SAINTS.

Comment

Working...
                                X