This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St Lawrence Hockey

Looking at the USCHO box score for the game it shows only 9 shots on goal for the game by SLU, this must be a mistake?
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      Looking at the USCHO box score for the game it shows only 9 shots on goal for the game by SLU, this must be a mistake?
      This was accurate...This team is far from a team that should be ranked 16 th nationally. Extremely disappointing couple of weeks from this team.
      St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
      4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
      2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
      16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
      9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
      2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Wow, what a dreadful game for the Saints. I listened to most of it until my ears started to bleed at 6-0. Sounded like the Saints never showed up. On the flip-side, The Bobcats sound like they might have a nice team this year. Once again the only guys to find he net were Flanagan and Carey. That is nice for their stats, but we need some other guys to tuck the puck away and take some pressure off of those two. SLU will probably have their hands full next weekend over in Boston. I hope I don't see a spanking next Sat at BU (unless it's SLU doing the spanking .

Go Saints Go

Comment

Went and watched the women get spanked at Q Pac. Saints just didn't have it today and got a very subpar game in net. Everytime the women got in the game....Q scored quickly.

As for the men. Pretenders. 9 shots on goal. Are you kidding me??? I listened to the last few minutes and then the recap driving home on the Q Pac radio broadcast. Listened to this song on the way home and it summarizes my feelings about the team at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifapQ...4&feature=plcp
          SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
            Went and watched the women get spanked at Q Pac. Saints just didn't have it today and got a very subpar game in net. Everytime the women got in the game....Q scored quickly.

As for the men. Pretenders. 9 shots on goal. Are you kidding me??? I listened to the last few minutes and then the recap driving home on the Q Pac radio broadcast. Listened to this song on the way home and it summarizes my feelings about the team at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifapQ...4&feature=plcp
            One word.....Fugly

As long as the guys pull their head out, Carvey and Hurley will turn it around. Just hope it is sooner rather than later.
            9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
            1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
              One word.....Fugly

As long as the guys pull their head out, Carvey and Hurley will turn it around. Just hope it is sooner rather than later.
              Great to hear from Got 6. Long season. Carvey will figure it out. He is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                One word.....Fugly

Great to see you two weeks ago and have you back here posting. Now, we need to get Spaceman to post here again.
                GO SAINTS.

Comment

Expected us to be bounced from this week's poll. Didn't expect us to get as many votes as we did. Polls are meaningless, but I'm still very optimistic about this season.
                  Good to see Max Mobley skating for the Danbury Whalers in the Federal Hockey League. Still very speedy and strong with the puck.

Comment

For those of you that haven't seen it yet, check out the Joe Marsh tribute video. A classy piece done on a classy guy. I have to admit I about lost it at the end when he did his pirate impersonation (right after hearing the sliding glass door story)!

Good luck the rest of the way, except for one particular Friday in February.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/

Some photos from Black Friday's game against Northeastern.

Comment

Nice win by the boys tonight on the road. Flanny dishing and Wenny saving our bacon particularly in the second. Way to go boys! Get one at Lynah tomorrow night!!!
                        SLU

Comment

Liked the effort tonight, stayed out of the sin bin, need to work on initial pass out of defensive zone which should help with shots on goal. Like the disiplined position play !!!!

Comment

Nice job vs Colgate. For some reason winning at Starr is always tough. Good luck tonight at another difficult location. Loved the Joe Marsh tribute - is there a Tom Brokaw connection?

Comment

• Originally posted by SLUdad View Post
                              Nice job vs Colgate. For some reason winning at Starr is always tough. Good luck tonight at another difficult location. Loved the Joe Marsh tribute - is there a Tom Brokaw connection?
                              Re Tom Brokaw.

His book, "Bump" about the Vietnam generation featured a chapter on Tom and Nellie Coakley who met in Vietnam. Tom and his brother are from Canton -- both played played at Brown in the '60s. (brother in law, Ron Spadacini, son or nephew (not sure which) Sean Coakley and nephew Joe Spadacini all played goalie for Colgate, SLU and SLU respectively) Tom was a long time VP at SLU and helped to invite Brokaw to accept an honorary degree from SLU last year. Which he did. Brokaw was asked to narrate the Joe Marsh video as a favor, which he also did --- and it sounds great.
                              Last edited by bcarlisle; 12-01-2012, 11:10 AM.
                              St. Lawrence University
                              World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

• Originally posted by SLUdad View Post
                                Re Starr Rink. IMHO second only to Brown's Meehan Arena on the cold, dank, dark and empty ECAC arena's list --never good for St. lawrence teams historically.
                                St. Lawrence University
                                World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Working...
                                X