MTU @/vs. LSSU: Battle of the Faded Dynasties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTU @/vs. LSSU: Battle of the Faded Dynasties

Tech busses across the UP to take on the Lakers on Thursday night in the Soo. Lake State returns the favor with a trip to Houghton on Saturday evening.

First "real" games for both teams. Despite some likely rust this early in the year, this series should be a good preview of the nWCHA action to come.

Re: MTU @/vs. LSSU: Battle of the Faded Dynasties

Should be a good test for both teams looking for a solid last year in their respective conferences (as they know it)

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
      Should be a good test for both teams looking for a solid last year in their respective conferences (as they know it)
      Lazy, when have they played each other last? regular season, post and tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
        Lazy, when have they played each other last? regular season, post and tournament?
        Last time a postseason matchup could've happened was when Tech was briefly in the CCHA from '82-'85.

Last time we played LSSU in the regular season would've been 2010, the final Superior Showcase year.

Comment

Does LSSU have a video feed?
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Last time we played LSSU in the regular season would've been 2010, the final Superior Showcase year.
            And yes, we rang the ship's bell after the game!

In honor of this thread's title, I present the following image which honors the geographical bookends of this UP D-I championship string. Time for Tech to work towards add a new year to their list. And to NMU... Yes, one is the loneliest number.
            Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

In honor of this thread's title, I present the following image which honors the geographical bookends of this UP D-I championship string. Time for Tech to work towards add a new year to their list. And to NMU... Yes, one is the loneliest number.
              Ryan J

I'm really surprised they forgot LSSU's 1994 National Championship. Maybe somebody should tell BU about this.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Ryan J

Nice! Also, it's amusing to think that even when this thing was published (1993?) LSSU had the most national championships of all the UP schools... if you count NAIA.

So, when the UP becomes its own state, can the flag be black, green, blue and gold?
                Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

How'd you pull that off? I thought LSSU kept the padlock on it unless they won.

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  I'm really surprised they forgot LSSU's 1994 National Championship. Maybe somebody should tell BU about this.
                  Probably an older poster - 1993 or early 1994, I'd guess?
                  Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 10-09-2012, 01:46 PM.

Comment

How'd you pull that off? I thought LSSU kept the padlock on it unless they won.
                    Just go to Home Depot, buy a hammer, and pound the **** out of the bell.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Probably an older poster - 1993 or early 1994, I'd guess?
                      If that is the case, maybe it's time to commission a new one...or perhaps they are waiting until Tech wins another title
                      North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        If that is the case, maybe it's time to commission a new one...or perhaps they are waiting until Tech wins another title
                        That'd be akin to this:

*****http://i6.***********.com/albums/y227/association330/leaf-fan-waiting-for-cup_zpsd3b5c90d.jpeg******

Comment

When's the last time a UP team made the NCAA tourney?

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                            When's the last time a UP team made the NCAA tourney?
                            2010 - Northern Michigan.

LSSU last made it in 1996, and Tech in 1981 (I believe).
                            North Dakota

Comment

Ryan J

As a geography dork that is one cool peace of memorabilia. How did you get that?
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                              X