UCONN Hockey 2012-13: Hockey East Here We Come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UCONN Hockey 2012-13: Hockey East Here We Come

Here is a link to an article in the Hartford Courant with several quotes from Gwoz about the UCONN job:
    http://www.courant.com/sports/colleg...medium=twitter

Comment

All the right things including the UConn job is his highest priority (not talking to other schools until this opportunity is resolved). Color me very impressed, but I think all three of the candidates are great. And I think Warde will get it right, whatever happens.

Today's piece by Anthony which apparently did not make it into the print edition.
      http://www.courant.com/sports/colleg...,1162209.story
      Last edited by RSTuthill; 05-07-2013, 08:37 AM.

Comment

My horse is Cavanaugh, by a nose. I'm a BC follower, so somewhat bias, but Mike Cavanaugh has been recruiting the best talent for 18 years. He is discredited because the head coach's noteriety and BC's tradition, but there's a reason York brought him down from Dartmouth one year into the BC job. Prior to BC, Cav was a G.A. for York at BGSU and we all know how good of a talent evaluater Jerry York is, right? If Cavanaugh was not the best recruiter in the land the last 18 years, he's top 5.

You'll get a passionate leader, a respectful and respected campus figure head and a guy who knows what it takes to build a winning program.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
          My horse is Cavanaugh, by a nose. I'm a BC follower, so somewhat bias, but Mike Cavanaugh has been recruiting the best talent for 18 years. He is discredited because the head coach's noteriety and BC's tradition, but there's a reason York brought him down from Dartmouth one year into the BC job. Prior to BC, Cav was a G.A. for York at BGSU and we all know how good of a talent evaluater Jerry York is, right? If Cavanaugh was not the best recruiter in the land the last 18 years, he's top 5.

You'll get a passionate leader, a respectful and respected campus figure head and a guy who knows what it takes to build a winning program.
          Not in a million years, unless someone from Hockey east opr BC is pushing them to. Thery are known to do that, just like they tried to push other recent Hoceky East hirings to stay in league and go with an assistant. They didnt listen and look at great job Lowell and PC have done. No way they take Cav.

A 2 year old with a spinning hat on could have done same job recruiting at BC. Name one player they got who was an unknown that didnt want to go there? To the contrary, look at past 2 years when they needed a couple walk on types to step up, didnt happen and it blew up in their face.

Gwoz or DB, hope they pair up

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            Not in a million years, unless someone from Hockey east opr BC is pushing them to. Thery are known to do that, just like they tried to push other recent Hoceky East hirings to stay in league and go with an assistant. They didnt listen and look at great job Lowell and PC have done. No way they take Cav.

A 2 year old with a spinning hat on could have done same job recruiting at BC. Name one player they got who was an unknown that didnt want to go there? To the contrary, look at past 2 years when they needed a couple walk on types to step up, didnt happen and it blew up in their face.

This is going to be good. "Not in a million years", got it. Also have the silly disclaimer if you are wrong. HE does not pressure schools to hire from within, that's so far fetched it's ignorant.

You heard it here first, he's a perfect fit and the AD is a stand-up guy who recognizes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
              This is going to be good. "Not in a million years", got it. Also have the silly disclaimer if you are wrong. HE does not pressure schools to hire from within, that's so far fetched it's ignorant.

You heard it here first, he's a perfect fit and the AD is a stand-up guy who recognizes it.
              If you dont think Hockey East was reaching out on behalf of current assistants during past 3/4 openings you are wrong.
              U Conn is not BC and all Cav does is walk in and tell everyone what BC does. No chance. zero

Comment

Just quoting so it can't be deleted

Comment

Looks like Cavanaugh got an offer?

https://twitter.com/goalmouthradio/s...19970516381697
                  ‏@goalmouthradio: "I can confirm that Mike Cavanaugh has been offered the Head Coach position at UConn."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-...,7949226.story
                  Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                  College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                  Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                  Men's Frozen Four 2010
                  Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                  Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

If you dont think Hockey East was reaching out on behalf of current assistants during past 3/4 openings you are wrong.
                    U Conn is not BC and all Cav does is walk in and tell everyone what BC does. No chance. zero
                    Hahahahahahahahahaha! What a dope! Odds this moron will finally shut up...... No chance. zero

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                      Hahahahahahahahahaha! What a dope! Odds this moron will finally shut up...... No chance. zero
                      Odds that JohnK will ever add to a thread? Zero. Total hick fool

Comment

Hoky, this is like your coaching version of a Malcolm Lyles scouting report.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

What dates are your tournament this year?

Comment

I don't have any inside information on this particular process, but here are a couple thoughts:

I wish Mike Cavanaugh nothing but success at UConn and I hope he does a tremendous job. That said, of the three, he probably have been my third choice. George Gwozdecky, though perhaps a pipe dream, would've had an instant impact of epic proportions. He would've injected even greater life into the current roster which is coming off a very nice season and would have served notice to the rest of HEA and the NCAA that UConn is not f-ing around. He would also bring instant credibility on a national stage and his staff would nail down some blue chippers right away thus building UConn into a HEA competitor in a hurry.

My second choice would've been Berard. I think Dave Berard did a more than admirable job this year leading UConn to it's best season in a long while. Regardless of the politically correct tact people have taken, he didn't have big shoes to fill and the team immediately bought into what he was selling. It would have been interesting to see how that translated into HEA, but I think he's hungry and UConn had seemingly begun moving in the right direction under his watch. He wouldn't have been the **** choice amongst those in the "know" but he may very well have been the answer.

Hiring Cav has really cemented - in my mind - what many have assumed, that UConn would be near the bottom of HEA for the immediate future. It was an easy hire from the standpoint of he is the top assistant on the signature team in the conference, but he's also the guy that just about everybody else in the conference passed on. I hope that serves as motivation and that he has tons of success, but I think its telling that he went in and interviewed everywhere and nobody else wanted to hire him.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Hoky, this is like your coaching version of a Malcolm Lyles scouting report.
                              Come on Nick,
                              me saying Jamie Oleksiak was not ready as a freshman tops that
                              Good for Cavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyjunkie10 View Post
                                I don't have any inside information on this particular process, but here are a couple thoughts:

I wish Mike Cavanaugh nothing but success at UConn and I hope he does a tremendous job. That said, of the three, he probably have been my third choice. George Gwozdecky, though perhaps a pipe dream, would've had an instant impact of epic proportions. He would've injected even greater life into the current roster which is coming off a very nice season and would have served notice to the rest of HEA and the NCAA that UConn is not f-ing around. He would also bring instant credibility on a national stage and his staff would nail down some blue chippers right away thus building UConn into a HEA competitor in a hurry.

My second choice would've been Berard. I think Dave Berard did a more than admirable job this year leading UConn to it's best season in a long while. Regardless of the politically correct tact people have taken, he didn't have big shoes to fill and the team immediately bought into what he was selling. It would have been interesting to see how that translated into HEA, but I think he's hungry and UConn had seemingly begun moving in the right direction under his watch. He wouldn't have been the **** choice amongst those in the "know" but he may very well have been the answer.

Hiring Cav has really cemented - in my mind - what many have assumed, that UConn would be near the bottom of HEA for the immediate future. It was an easy hire from the standpoint of he is the top assistant on the signature team in the conference, but he's also the guy that just about everybody else in the conference passed on. I hope that serves as motivation and that he has tons of success, but I think its telling that he went in and interviewed everywhere and nobody else wanted to hire him.
                                Tough guy throwing backhanded daggers at a defenseless coach on an anonymous board, huh. You are a complete donkey!

Comment

Working...
                                X