Merrimack 2012-13 Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
    Well THAT was an ugly weekend. 9 goals given up, 4 PP and 2 shorties. I'm guessing this goalie rotation idea will go away soon as Marrota looks much steadier (readier?) than Tirronen (2 games played and 3 goals given up in the 1st period of each! Yikes!).
    It certainly seemed like Marotta was steadier in net.

Tough weekend for you guys to come this far and not come away with anything. They definetly played well enough to win either game and I was pulling for you against UAf. Bad bounces and goaltending killed you against UAA. I really enjoyed watching your guys play and I wish you the best for the rest of the season.

Comment

Re: Merrimack 2012-13 Season thread

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
      It certainly seemed like Marotta was steadier in net.

Tough weekend for you guys to come this far and not come away with anything. They definetly played well enough to win either game and I was pulling for you against UAf. Bad bounces and goaltending killed you against UAA. I really enjoyed watching your guys play and I wish you the best for the rest of the season.
      Thanks for the kind words. Looking around the league and seeing some of the lopsided scores this weekend gives some optimism that we can right the ship. Need to stay out of penalty trouble and not give up soft goals though. Based on what I saw at the Northeastern game, I would say Marotta is firmly number 1 at this point. I'm hoping that UVM really is as bad as advertised and we can get in a couple good wins against them before some of the higher-ranked opponents in November.

Comment

Good crowd, good offense, poor opponent, but a win none the less.
        2 strong lines, with Scotti being a real bright spot.
        He can fly.

Comment

Always nice to come out of a weekend series taking the majority of the points. Big weekend for Collins (2 g 3a) should get him HE offensive player of the week consideration. Nice to see some goal scoring, and glad Tirronen played well. Really liked Scotti's patience on his goal.....didn't rush his chance , waited and picked his spot.
          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Great article in the Eagle Tribune
            National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
            Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
            two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
            b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
              Great story... Many people dont realize how important a positive attitude and energy is. Stress knocks down your immune system etc. They are doing more then they might think for this kid

Comment

Very, very good story, and moving.

I know Lowell's Team Impact draftee passed away this summer, and I know that the players were affected by this. I think it's a wonderful thing that these teams are doing this.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Nice win over the NU tonite. All the goals from D (Heywood (2), Ellis, Bigos, and Kolomatis) . Marrotta was again very solid in net. Need to win tomorrow to take the season series.

And I agree, great story in the Tribune. Speaks volumes about the caliber of the young men on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                    Nice win over the NU tonite. All the goals from D (Heywood (2), Ellis, Bigos, and Kolomatis) . Marrotta was again very solid in net. Need to win tomorrow to take the season series.

And I agree, great story in the Tribune. Speaks volumes about the caliber of the young men on this team.
                    Completely agree with everything. Coach said in an interview it is important to win series. A win tonight will be huge and with this weekend being homecoming I am expecting a good loud crowd.
                    Rinks Visited
                    DCU Center
                    Tulley Forum
                    TD Garden
                    Tsongas Arena
                    J. Thom Lawler Arena
                    Conte Forum
                    Whittemore Center
                    Agganis Arena
                    Verizon Center
                    Gutterson Fieldhouse
                    Matthews Arena
                    Thompson Arena
                    Mullins Center
                    Alfond Arena
                    Schneider Arena
                    Magness Arena
                    Ingallas Arena
                    Hart Center
                    Prudential Center
                    TD Bank Sports Center
                    John A Ryan
                    Lynah Rink
                    Appleton Arena
                    Cheel Arena
                    Germain Arena
                    XL Center
                    Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Watched the game on the Northeastern website last night. Team looked good, but certainly not great. Marotta looks like he has done all that he can to try to grab the starting gig on a more regular basis but, I think we'll see the Fin in the net again at least for this weekend on the planned rotation. With NU it seems like Roy is legit, but I like how MC can match them physically. While I'd love to say homecoming is going to rile up the crowd, not real optimistic that the home ice record is a direct result of fan intimidation, rather that the dimensions fit the style of play (credit to the staff for bringing in guys that can muck). Would love to see us walk out of the weekend with 4 pts wouldn't be surprised to see this one be a lower scoring tight affair like a 3-2 OT F.

Comment

excellent, kudos to Mack

Comment

Great series this weekend, one of the best home crowds at the Lawler ever, too. Maybe I'm biased, but I also thought the new refs that worked the game Saturday were excellent, fair and did a good job maintaining the pace of the game.

Comment

A four point weekend is always big, especially when it is against a team that Merrimack will probably be close to in the standings come March. Collins is off to a great start and this has been a fun team to watch. I am hoping after coming off a split in North Dakota and hosting BC Sunday afternoon BU might overlook Merrimack and Merrimack can steal 2 points at home against the Terriers.
                            Rinks Visited
                            DCU Center
                            Tulley Forum
                            TD Garden
                            Tsongas Arena
                            J. Thom Lawler Arena
                            Conte Forum
                            Whittemore Center
                            Agganis Arena
                            Verizon Center
                            Gutterson Fieldhouse
                            Matthews Arena
                            Thompson Arena
                            Mullins Center
                            Alfond Arena
                            Schneider Arena
                            Magness Arena
                            Ingallas Arena
                            Hart Center
                            Prudential Center
                            TD Bank Sports Center
                            John A Ryan
                            Lynah Rink
                            Appleton Arena
                            Cheel Arena
                            Germain Arena
                            XL Center
                            Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

I think the game Friday is going to be extremely telling as to what we (the fans) can expect this year. This BU squad is loaded with young (both young and inexperienced) talent. In looking at what we've seen so far there are more questions than answers, but it seems like perhaps this team is deeper up-front than people assumed. That being said, the sample size is small with only two HE opponents, one of whom was lightly regarded going into the year (maybe inappropriately). I'm looking forward to Friday night for sure, as it is guaranteed to be physical and hopefully, a close affair. The interesting thing for me will be to see if we have the mix of size and speed that can consistently muscle (typically not a problem) and skate with a BU (or BC) team year over year. If MC can walk away with HE pts this weekend it portends to another year in the steps into building the type of consistent program that the coach has been aspiring to.

Comment

Congrats to Mike Collins and Jordan Heywood for back to back HE Player of the Week honors. Pleasantly surprised at the depth of this team..playing lots of the freshman regularly, even in crunch time. Scotti has been solid, and Chistie and Hussar do not look out of place at all, and Bahe is getting some ice time. Big game coming up Friday night at BU.

Comment

Working...
                                X