This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Once again, Boston College is the College Hockey Weekly Team of the Week...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/T...-the-Week.html

Also, CHW has put together a nice little summary of Jerry York's career as he approaches the all-time victory record...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/2...Milestone.html
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Once again, Boston College is the College Hockey Weekly Team of the Week...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/T...-the-Week.html

Also, CHW has put together a nice little summary of Jerry York's career as he approaches the all-time victory record...

thanks FS............they just have his winning % at BC incorrect

"Boston College Record: 454-223-60 (.588)"

should be .656.................thanks for posting this!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        thanks FS............they just have his winning % at BC incorrect

"Boston College Record: 454-223-60 (.588)"

should be .656.................thanks for posting this!
        I let them know, and it looks like it is updated already. They have .657...they must be rounding up.
        North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Not bad... let me make one suggestion. Since you used the term "twist of fate" once already, I think a second twist of fate should be mentioned. Technically York took over for Mike Milbury, who took the BC job and bailed in about 2 months because Cedorchuck couldn't count. That opened the door for York. Talk about a twist of fate. They went from a loudmouth blowhard in the Jack Parker mold to Jerry York and the rest is history.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Not bad... let me make one suggestion. Since you used the term "twist of fate" once already, I think a second twist of fate should be mentioned. Technically York took over for Mike Milbury, who took the BC job and bailed in about 2 months because Cedorchuck couldn't count. That opened the door for York. Talk about a twist of fate. They went from a loudmouth blowhard in the Jack Parker mold to Jerry York and the rest is history.
            I didn't write the article, but I'll pass that along.
            North Dakota

Comment

• Wow, Poor bowling green. I'd have to think there is a little "laces out, Dan!" Thing going on out there since York left
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

BC says they have tickets for the Nov. 30th game at HAA. I will buy mines this week and hope the rest of you fans buy out BC's allotment and represent BC well for that game, which could be the one that ties Mason's record, if they get by Merrimack and Dartmouth.

I think they're $28 and if you buy through BU, you can expect to pay more as they add additional fees making it well over $30.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                  back when we had a football team
                  Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                    BC says they have tickets for the Nov. 30th game at HAA. I will buy mines this week and hope the rest of you fans buy out BC's allotment and represent BC well for that game, which could be the one that ties Mason's record, if they get by Merrimack and Dartmouth.

I think they're $28 and if you buy through BU, you can expect to pay more as they add additional fees making it well over $30.
                    I am definitely picking up a pair for Nov. 30th before this Friday's MC game.
                    National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                    Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                    Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                    two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                    b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

silence is bliss i guess..............Eagles 0-12 in PP last weekend after a blistering but unsustainable 40% over the first 7 games. I guess we can complain about that because there has not been much else to b**ch about.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        silence is bliss i guess..............Eagles 0-12 in PP last weekend after a blistering but unsustainable 40% over the first 7 games. I guess we can complain about that because there has not been much else to b**ch about.
                        Sure the powerplay was a little frustrating this weekend, but it was due for a regression. Wasn't going to operate at 40% for the year

I will say I thought the "2nd" unit was much better than the first on Sunday

Comment

Here's something to talk about, starting with the 1st game after the Beanpot (22 games) BC has killed off 86 of 92 penalties (93.5%)

Not bad...

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            Here's something to talk about, starting with the 1st game after the Beanpot (22 games) BC has killed off 86 of 92 penalties (93.5%)

Not bad...
                            amazing, you found the time to crunch the numbers i take it . Was posted on EA this week and last but Milner now 50-10 -1 in his career................. I'm glad we have just the one game this week, take care of business at home on friday night and see what everyone else gets done sunday. Weird HE schedule, 5 games on friday night and none on saturday night then 3 on sunday. Never heard of such a thing.............and UMass-Amherst has friday night in Orono, then sunday night at home then tuesday night at home
                            Last edited by sterlippo1; 11-14-2012, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Haha I did and before the Sunday UMLOL game a couple of weeks ago it was 97% (64/66)

The Milner numbers are especially mindblowing considering less than 10 months ago it was a full on goalie controversy.

Bertanga is an idiot, Sunday games are stupid -especially in the fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                                Haha I did and before the Sunday UMLOL game a couple of weeks ago it was 97% (64/66)

The Milner numbers are especially mindblowing considering less than 10 months ago it was a full on goalie controversy.

Bertanga is an idiot, Sunday games are stupid -especially in the fall.
                                I thought milners role in that was brutally overblown. He had 2 bad games against bu, sandwiched around the notre dame game where he gave up one bad goal on a concentration lapse. The first bu game was a team wide white washing so it's hard to hold him solely accountable for that even. The last bu game was an inexcusable debacle
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X