Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

So, Ferris week...seems like it's been about three years since we had these guys in Oxford.

Not that anyone reads NCAA.com, but what a misleading title and photo caption on their recap of this weekend. Link

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
      So, Ferris week...seems like it's been about three years since we had these guys in Oxford.
      Nov. 13-14, 2009 was the last time Ferris was in Oxford. Perhaps there will be a non-conference matchup in the near future.
      2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Not that anyone reads NCAA.com, but what a misleading title and photo caption on their recap of this weekend. Link
        Wow...
        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
          Nov. 13-14, 2009 was the last time Ferris was in Oxford. Perhaps there will be a non-conference matchup in the near future.
          Ferris' trap has given our best teams enough fits that I can't exactly say I'm going to miss playing those guys. Although, it might be worth noting that through 6 games, Motte's numbers are trending more towards average than Bulldog netminders of recent years.

Would anyone be dissapointed with a split this weekend, making it out of Yost and [not googling how to spell that **** arena name] with six points, to be sitting at 5-2-1 after the first month with 6 of our next 8 at home?

Certainly would have taken that record in a heartbeat before the season started, and while expectations sure can change in a hurry, I'd still be pretty happy.

Comment

Ferris' trap has given our best teams enough fits that I can't exactly say I'm going to miss playing those guys. Although, it might be worth noting that through 6 games, Motte's numbers are trending more towards average than Bulldog netminders of recent years.

Would anyone be dissapointed with a split this weekend, making it out of Yost and [not googling how to spell that **** arena name] with six points, to be sitting at 5-2-1 after the first month with 6 of our next 8 at home?

Certainly would have taken that record in a heartbeat before the season started, and while expectations sure can change in a hurry, I'd still be pretty happy.
            I, for one, will be happy if we go 2-2 through this stretch on the road. I'll be happier with 3-1 :-P

I'm interested to see how the build of this year's team can counter that FSU system that has been so frustrating to Miami teams in recent years.
            Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
              I, for one, will be happy if we go 2-2 through this stretch on the road. I'll be happier with 3-1 :-P

I'm interested to see how the build of this year's team can counter that FSU system that has been so frustrating to Miami teams in recent years.
              Faster, younger and don't seem to rattle easily. I like our chances this weekend, but would be happy with at least one from the defending CCHA champions and national runners-up.
              http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Wideman practicing this week, alebit with no contact, nevertheless good to see him back. Anyone know the status of Hartman or McKay?

Basketball season starts today in Oxford...I think that means it's time to delete MHT from my bookmarks. That charts and five paragraph essays will be flowing in no time!

Comment

Basketball season starts today in Oxford...I think that means it's time to delete MHT from my bookmarks. That charts and five paragraph essays will be flowing in no time!
                  This.

Comment

I think our team this year matches up better against Ferris than in previous years, it will still be a tough contest but I think the increase in speed and skill will end up better against a trap than trying to out-muscle them.

I would be very satisfied, also... Ewigleben.

Comment

• Re: Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

Get your swim trunks ready, the NCAA Tourney is returning to Cincinnati.

(Worcester, Bridgeport, and St. Paul will be the other 2014 regionals.)

Comment

Awesome! I will be there among the tens of college hockey fans that will show up.

But seriously, I haven't even been to a cyclones game there and have no idea what the local hockey fan population is like.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                          Awesome! I will be there among the tens of college hockey fans that will show up.

But seriously, I haven't even been to a cyclones game there and have no idea what the local hockey fan population is like.
                          Averaged 4,190 over 36 games according to ECHL.com, not that there is any reason for those numbers to translate to a college game, especially accounting for the exorbitant ticket prices associated with NCAA regionals.

I'd like to think a decent number of Miami fans would show up, we are only 45 minutes away ffs. On the other hand we've all come to learn to never count on Miami fans to travel, and there is always a very real possibility that our first season in the NCHC doesn't go so well. If that's the case, then it might get pretty ugly...

Unless OSU wins the B1G and....yeah...I can't finish that sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post

At least this time we won't be hosting at an arena that isn't used to hockey. No more drilling into the pipes under the ice!!!

Comment

Weekend preview posted at RW.

http://bitly.com/RwDewt

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                                I think our team this year matches up better against Ferris than in previous years, it will still be a tough contest but I think the increase in speed and skill will end up better against a trap than trying to out-muscle them.

I would be very satisfied, also... Ewigleben.
                                I don't think I'd be satisfied with that. A very young team, yes, but playing away at Michigan is a lot harder than playing at Ferris. Also 4-1-1 against Colgate/Providence/Michigan is better than 2-2-2 against RPI/Mercyhurst/UAF. Better record against better competition. Now let's see if we can beat the trap...

Comment

Working...
                                X