Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
    Thing that annoyed me the most was the announcer pronouncing Paulazzo at Paul-at-zo. I'm no linguistics major but not sure where he is getting that pronunciation.
    As someone who's last name also ends in a vowel, I believe that would be correct actually.

Comment

These freshmen are about to rack up some scalps this weekend

Comment

Just heard via Twitter Curtis McKenzie is a scratch tonight. Very odd, hopefully nothing serious.
        2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Anyone else having some serious problems with all access?

Comment

Originally posted by MUrunner View Post
            Anyone else having some serious problems with all access?
            It took my a few tries to get the video to start. but it finally got going. Reviewing this is going to be fun:

Quality: loads better than last year in terms of video and audio quality.

Game-calling: terrible. i miss the banter of multiple color commentators. plus this guy has clearly never spoken to any of the guys on this lineup. Someone should inform Alex that his name is now pronounced instead of .
            Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Finally got it working. I miss Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                As someone who's last name also ends in a vowel, I believe that would be correct actually.
                Really? It just seems odd to me. I checked the quick facts for the last three years and his pronunciation isn't in any of the three years. I guess I thought it was straight forward Paul-az-zo. Never heard of anything about a vowel at the end of the name changing the second syllable, but then again I'm no linguistics major.

Love and Honor

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
                  Never heard of anything about a vowel at the end of the name changing the second syllable, but then again I'm no linguistics major.
                  Haha, that was an Italian joke. Generally in Italian the "zz" has more of a 'tz" sound.

Comment

Haha over my head. Thanks for the Italian lesson. Learned something new today. I've been saying his name wrong for 3 years.

Love and Honor

Comment

Paulides, you look a lot better, but please, stop shooting so much...

Comment

3-0 after 2 periods.

i can't say that any of the goals have been good goals. I think their goalie is having a tough night, because these are saves he should be making.

that being said, the guys are working hard, which is nice to see.

Also, is it me or do we look really small this year (besides being largely underclassmen).

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

Comment

Blake His **** Leg with two goals already

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                            3-0 after 2 periods.

i can't say that any of the goals have been good goals. I think their goalie is having a tough night, because these are saves he should be making.

Also, is it me or do we look really small this year (besides being largely underclassmen).
                            Small... But very quick. Would like to see more pressure this period.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                              3-0 after 2 periods.

Any goalie would have had trouble with that first goal. The second two were a bit scrappy, but you can't say they weren't well deserved, regardless of the kind of night the goalie is having.

We just need to stay out of the box at this point. Taking a penalty while on a power play is inexcusable.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                                Any goalie would have had trouble with that first goal. The second two were a bit scrappy, but you can't say they weren't well deserved, regardless of the kind of night the goalie is having.
                                I agree. they are absolutely deserved. "put it on net and good things happen." i just meant to point out that they weren't very flashy (not that they need to be).

side note: does Austin remind you of anyone with those puck skills, crazy speed, and ridiculous nose for the puck?

Comment

Working...
                                X