Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
    Just thought I'd throw this out there:

I can't wait until February when we get a hack at Notre Dame. PW's write up about them being the surprise team of the season just rubs me the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, they're playing really well. But when you consider that they are an upper-class dominated team, it can't be that surprising that they're near the top of the league. Miami, OTOH, was playing largely freshmen and sophomores. Anyone on here expect them to be in a 2-way race for first going into January? with the gaps that were left after last-year's boltings?

I sure didn't.
    Michigan would have been my surprise team

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
      Michigan would have been my surprise team
      tou-ephing-che!!!
      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

I've been taking a (permanent?) posting break from MHT, but man do I want to troll that *****fest thread and turn it into the first "Basketball vs Hockey" go-around of the year.

So far I've resisted...must mean I'm growing up. Sad day.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
          I've been taking a (permanent?) posting break from MHT, but man do I want to troll that *****fest thread and turn it into the first "Basketball vs Hockey" go-around of the year.

So far I've resisted...must mean I'm growing up. Sad day.
          Is this even a debate? i realize that Miami technically plays basketball, but does anyone actually go to the games? seeing as Coles ran that program into the ground at the end, I have no interest in following it at all.

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
            Is this even a debate? i realize that Miami technically plays basketball, but does anyone actually go to the games? seeing as Coles ran that program into the ground at the end, I have no interest in following it at all.
            They didn't have a following when we even made the round of 68 in basketball. Averaging what 2000 fans a game? Could have just built a 3000 seat basketball arena and retrofitted millett for hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
              They didn't have a following when we even made the round of 68 in basketball. Averaging what 2000 fans a game? Could have just built a 3000 seat basketball arena and retrofitted millett for hockey.
              While I understand your intent, I don't think I agree. The cost of bringing Millett up-to-date and refitting for hockey would have been well beyond what it cost to build the new arena (I seem to recall the price tag as $30m). Additionally, as an architect, I find the typology of Millett absolutely revolting. What should have happened was to tear down Millett and build on top.

your question is (obviously): "what would you do with basketball?"

my answer is (double obviously): " who cares?!"

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                While I understand your intent, I don't think I agree. The cost of bringing Millett up-to-date and refitting for hockey would have been well beyond what it cost to build the new arena (I seem to recall the price tag as $30m). Additionally, as an architect, I find the typology of Millett absolutely revolting. What should have happened was to tear down Millett and build on top.

your question is (obviously): "what would you do with basketball?"

my answer is (double obviously): " who cares?!"
                Millett could have come with an ice sheet 15feet wider though, and actually given a reason for a sellout croud there since the Allman Brothers Band in the early 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                  Millett could have come with an ice sheet 15feet wider though, and actually given a reason for a sellout croud there since the Allman Brothers Band in the early 90s.
                  Don't short change the Dalai Lama, he drew quite the crowd.

Comment

Almost forgot...

Who Dey!

Comment

Barber skating on Kuraly's wing for game 1. Whoop whooop.

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/d...RT-Germany.pdf

Comment

Kuraly from Barber 16 seconds in!!

Comment

Kuraly from Barber 16 seconds in!!
                          Saw that, hopefully he can bring that form back to Oxford.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                            Saw that, hopefully he can bring that form back to Oxford.
                            and bring Galchenyuk with him

So many Miami decommits on that team. always makes me wonder if only...

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                              and bring Galchenyuk with him

So many Miami decommits on that team. always makes me wonder if only...
                              Look on the bright side, if everyone on that team were to have followed through with their commitment, what the heck would our lineup look like this weekend in Pittsburgh

Comment

Look on the bright side, if everyone on that team were to have followed through with their commitment, what the heck would our lineup look like this weekend in Pittsburgh
                                I'm ready to go in if needed, just thought I would throw that out there...

Comment

Working...
                                X