X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

DROP THE PUCK!!

Time to put last season behind us....Saturday's game against St. Francis Xavier may only be an exhibition game, but I'm looking forward to seeing the 2012-2013 edition of the Blue and White.

LET'S GO CATS!!!!
    UNH

Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Excited for tonight. I hope we have some pleasant surprises, such as a freshman on the third line or something. Will be interesting what the lines are, I hope that we are allowed to play 5 lines the whole game again, as we did last year. Still pretty clueless about what the lines will actually be.

Comment

This is the first time Ive ever posted on here, but I've had season tickets the last couple years and have been following the UNH boards for that time. Keeping in mind it was just an exhibition and I don't know the quality of STFX I was actually impressed last night with the team speed UNH showed. Defensemen outrunning opposing forwards to neutralize odd man rushes, and our forwards beating their defense and getting into the zone relatively clean. They won a lot of puck battles along the boards as well. There will be a lot more to learn next week when the games count but overall I left the Whit pleased with the effort. I'm also convinced Umile tells the opposing coach in these exhibitions to rough up the team and start fights since this is two years in a row it's happened, and ejections from exhibitions don't cause suspensions in the reg season (learned from Henrion last year).

Comment

Originally posted by Dropkicknh View Post
        I'm also convinced Umile tells the opposing coach in these exhibitions to rough up the team and start fights since this is two years in a row it's happened, and ejections from exhibitions don't cause suspensions in the reg season (learned from Henrion last year).
        Not true. Just as in the regular season a Game Misconduct = no suspension and a Game Disqualification = suspension.

Comment

The last 3 exhibition games have been vs teams that play goon hockey. At the very least its entertaining and evokes emotion from the crowd.
          Goals aside, TVR was a machine last night, I look for him to have a huge season.
          Pesche looks like he can play. Good skater, handles the puck well.
          Im not sure if UNH was exceptionally fast last night, or if St. X was very slow. We'll find out next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
            The last 3 exhibition games have been vs teams that play goon hockey. At the very least its entertaining and evokes emotion from the crowd.
            Goals aside, TVR was a machine last night, I look for him to have a huge season.
            Pesche looks like he can play. Good skater, handles the puck well.
            Im not sure if UNH was exceptionally fast last night, or if St. X was very slow. We'll find out next weekend.
            Thought they looked so so last night.They need improvment in the defensive zone,that's for sure...I though Camper looked very good,kid was all over the ice.Was dissapointed most the freshmen didn't play.It will be interesting on who will crack the starting lineup Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by hockey east fan View Post
              Thought they looked so so last night.They need improvment in the defensive zone,that's for sure...I though Camper looked very good,kid was all over the ice.Was dissapointed most the freshmen didn't play.It will be interesting on who will crack the starting lineup Friday.
              Camper was flying last night.

Comment

"UNH Defeats St Francis Xavier 5-2 in Exhibition Game"
                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Fired up for Friday. Headed up from DC for the opener. Since I spend half my life in Minnesota these days, I'm looking forward to a little trash talk this week with SCSU fans!!!
                  Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

NOTE: It was announced on the UNH Athletics website today that all Friday night home games will be moved to 7:30 PM to allow extra time for fans to arrive, starting with this Friday's game vs SCSU:

Link
                    Last edited by Scott; 10-08-2012, 04:43 PM.
                    UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      NOTE: It was announced on the UNH Athletics website today that all Friday night home games will be moved to 7:30 PM to allow extra time for fans to arrive, starting with this Friday's game vs SCSU:

Link
                      I like this idea. All hockey east schools should do that.
                      UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                        I like this idea. All hockey east schools should do that.
                        Agree, i believe Merrimack has also moved their Friday games to 7:30 pm.

Comment

I was causally looking at the men's hockey schedule and noticed that all of the home games televised on WBIN, which stream the unhwildcats.tv coverage, are now also airing on Fox College Sports. This is awesome for the 'Cats as it allows for a lot more national TV coverage!

http://unhwildcats.com/sports/mice/2012-13/schedule

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            Agree, i believe Merrimack has also moved their Friday games to 7:30 pm.
                            Also BU has moved Friday games to 7:30

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                              I was causally looking at the men's hockey schedule and noticed that all of the home games televised on WBIN, which stream the unhwildcats.tv coverage, are now also airing on Fox College Sports. This is awesome for the 'Cats as it allows for a lot more national TV coverage!

http://unhwildcats.com/sports/mice/2012-13/schedule
                              Interesting... did you note it is FOX College sports but the SCSU game is Pacific as opposed to the rest that are Atlantic.

The 7:30 Friday start time is nice, I now work 80 minutes from Durham in good traffic + weather. Many times last year I arrived 5 minutes into the game.
                              "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Working...
                              X