Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats '12-'13 - Go fourth and conquer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quinnipiac Bobcats '12-'13 - Go fourth and conquer!

The new season is upon us! The coaches and media have picked them to finish fourth in the ECAC. With the returning veterans and the incoming talent, there's no reason it can't be done. A top-4 finish, home ice for the playoffs, a trip to Atlantic city, and perhaps a berth in the Frozen Four. Dream big Bobcats! You can do it!

Go Bobcats!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats '12-'13 - Go fourth and conquer!

A good looking team this year. Consistency is what they have to improve, they need to keep every game close, if they do that, they will have a great season.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Gee.. don't you want to finish higher than "fourth"
      UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
        Gee.. don't you want to finish higher than "fourth"
        Of course! But 4 is the magic number that's eluded us thus far. Besides, I just need a catchy title for the new thread!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Anybody else heading up to Orono today for the game? My buddies and I spent the night in York, ME last night and are getting ready to make the second leg of this 6+ hour trek from Hamden in a couple of hours.

Needless to say, we are all very excited for the prospects of this season. Being it our senior year, its almost a "one final shot" for glory for us. Considering how we were introduced this program four years ago (the infamous 2009 fast start, #4 ranking before the Yale loss that sparked the downfall), it would be nice to finish on a good note!

Go Bobcats!

Comment

Originally posted by MSchvatz44 View Post
            Anybody else heading up to Orono today for the game? My buddies and I spent the night in York, ME last night and are getting ready to make the second leg of this 6+ hour trek from Hamden in a couple of hours.
            Unfortunately I won't be there but I know you guys will rep the Q appropriately!

As for this game, I'm not sure what to expect as I just don't know enough about Maine. While we've never beaten them in 3 previous tries, those were different teams in different era's. Our program has grown somewhat since the last meeting and I like the potential this squad has.

There's 2 reasons this game worries me. First, the long ride to what everyone says is an intimidating venue. Maine certainly has home field advantage but we've been a pretty good road club. Second is this is the first game of the season. Of course, both teams need to deal with that but since I consider this one of the marquee games on our schedule I think it's imperative that the guys come out flying.

The unknown right now is who made the trip? With a 4:00 exhibition tomorrow my guess is that the freshmen might have stayed home and Rand is going to leave it to the upperclassmen. On the other hand, they're hockey players and maybe this type of weekend is no big deal to them. We'll see...

For my first prediction of the year, I'm going totally homer and picking the Bobcats 4-2 for the upset

Go Q!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Needless to say, we are all very excited for the prospects of this season. Being it our senior year, its almost a "one final shot" for glory for us. Considering how we were introduced this program four years ago (the infamous 2009 fast start, #4 ranking before the Yale loss that sparked the downfall), it would be nice to finish on a good note!

Go Bobcats!
              Welcome to Maine and Alfond Arena. You will love the student section .

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                Welcome to Maine and Alfond Arena. You will love the student section .
                We are well aware of the Maine student section. One of the kids I am traveling up with is a lifelong UMaine diehard, even though he now goes to school at Quinnipiac (What up Larson210). I feel like I know more about UMaine hockey history than I should as a 21 year old from Long Island.

One thing though, we have heard some rumors that the student section will not be in full force tonight because of the three day weekend for Columbus Day. We have a friend who goes to UMaine and he told us that there won't be too many students tonight (might feel like a QU game at the Bank!).

Either way, we are really excited to get up to the game and help kick-off opening weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  Unfortunately I won't be there but I know you guys will rep the Q appropriately!

As for this game, I'm not sure what to expect as I just don't know enough about Maine. While we've never beaten them in 3 previous tries, those were different teams in different era's. Our program has grown somewhat since the last meeting and I like the potential this squad has.

There's 2 reasons this game worries me. First, the long ride to what everyone says is an intimidating venue. Maine certainly has home field advantage but we've been a pretty good road club. Second is this is the first game of the season. Of course, both teams need to deal with that but since I consider this one of the marquee games on our schedule I think it's imperative that the guys come out flying.

The unknown right now is who made the trip? With a 4:00 exhibition tomorrow my guess is that the freshmen might have stayed home and Rand is going to leave it to the upperclassmen. On the other hand, they're hockey players and maybe this type of weekend is no big deal to them. We'll see...

For my first prediction of the year, I'm going totally homer and picking the Bobcats 4-2 for the upset

Go Q!
                  This is a regular season game, so it's all hands on deck. The best 20 will play tonight. Tomorrow is a different story, I wouldn't expect to see a whole bunch of guys after the team gets home only 13 hours before the exhibition, since they could lose that game 10-0, and it wouldn't mean squat.

Comment

We are well aware of the Maine student section. One of the kids I am traveling up with is a lifelong UMaine diehard, even though he now goes to school at Quinnipiac (What up Larson210). I feel like I know more about UMaine hockey history than I should as a 21 year old from Long Island.
                    Say Hi to Brian for me and tell him I'll see him at the game

Comment

Huge road win to start the season! While it wasn't pretty, they held on to beat the Black Bears at Alfond. Nice start to the season. Goals by St. Denis and Samuels-Thomas... welcome to QU boys!

Rest on that long bus ride home and we'll see you tomorrow at the Bank!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

I saw the scoreboard and I had to throw a kudos out. Huge win on the road for the Q! Good luck next week.

Keith.
                        Keith Reynolds
                        Union College
                        Class of 1992
                        B.A. in Economics/Mathematics

University of Nevada - Las Vegas
                        Class of 2001
                        M.S. in Sports and Leisure Management

"I went to Union before it sucked...."

Comment

Congrats on the win. Can't say I'm surprised since your team always seems to come strong out of the gate only to fizzle out in the end when it matters most. Ours are very similar programs who choke in moments of great pressure or at least it's happened the last 10 or so years. That's why I don't expect either of us to make it higher than the 5-8 group.

Comment

Well done with the win. Hopefully the Jones twins can put up some good numbers; one's on my fantasy team.

Comment

Seems weird to be having an exhibition after the first game but whatever... Rand said in the pregame last night that it was the only date the 2 teams were free. Turns out it was good for us!

Today's game means nothing in the big picture but it should provide a good view to our talent pool. Reid Cashman said in the post game interview that ALL the freshmen will dress and play, including the 2 goalies (Hartzy is getting the day off). I can't wait to see what some of these guys bring to the ice. A couple of them have been highly touted and all of them are capable hockey players according to their bio's.

Personally, I'm just looking forward to getting back to the Bank, seeing some good friends, and watching some hockey!

Quinnipiac over Acadia 4-2.

Go Q!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                              X