Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tweet from Dave Starman at CBS sports...

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    I wish I could afford to make that trip. That is the only Arena in the league i have not had the chance to visit.
    same here. I kept hoping that they would schedule that trip in October some year, but they always seemed to go in Jan and Feb. My friends from that area have been down here twice for hockey games but I've yet to return their visits. Since I've already been to MN and WI I will have to add a trip to PSU to see their new arena next season.

Comment

A win tonight along with a ND, Miami & Western loss would pretty much make my weekend. Let's throw a basketball win in over Michigan just to round it out. lol!

Comment

Originally posted by OSUmab View Post
        Thanks for the report! Bring us another win and we may have to send you to every road game
        Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
        beware of Fairbanks in February!
        same here. I kept hoping that they would schedule that trip in October some year, but they always seemed to go in Jan and Feb. My friends from that area have been down here twice for hockey games but I've yet to return their visits. Since I've already been to MN and WI I will have to add a trip to PSU to see their new arena next season.
        I have been to Minnesota but not Wisconsin. A trip to Penn State is in order for me as well not sure if it will be next year or not but i will be going there. The plan i have is to visit one of those 3 areans every other year. When the tournament is in detroit i dont have to pay for air fare and hotel room. I dont think i can pull of a trip to Minnesota for the tournament and a trip to one of those 3 places in the same year.

Comment

I have been to Minnesota but not Wisconsin. A trip to Penn State is in order for me as well not sure if it will be next year or not but i will be going there. The plan i have is to visit one of those 3 areans every other year. When the tournament is in detroit i dont have to pay for air fare and hotel room. I dont think i can pull of a trip to Minnesota for the tournament and a trip to one of those 3 places in the same year.
          Staying at the Renaissance Center is part of the experience. Able to mingle and talk with players & coaches of all the teams and CCHA officials at random is great.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUmab View Post
            Thanks for the report! Bring us another win and we may have to send you to every road game
            beware of Fairbanks in February!
            Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            Staying at the Renaissance Center is part of the experience. Able to mingle and talk with players & coaches of all the teams and CCHA officials at random is great.
            I have never done it but will be staying this year

Comment

I have never done it but will be staying this year
              Great! I think they'll have some really special things planned to go out with a bang.

Comment

A win tonight along with a ND, Miami & Western loss would pretty much make my weekend. Let's throw a basketball win in over Michigan just to round it out. lol!
                Well , it looks like your weekend just got spoiled because the Bucks lost to FSU 3-1. Bummer. How can a team come out looking so good on Friday & then CHOKE the next game. I guess that's why they say that a split in College hockey is better than nothing!!! LOL.
                " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
                  Well , it looks like your weekend just got spoiled because the Bucks lost to FSU 3-1. Bummer. How can a team come out looking so good on Friday & then CHOKE the next game. I guess that's why they say that a split in College hockey is better than nothing!!! LOL.
                  A split on the road is acceptable PROVIDING you sweep your home games.

Comment

• Re: Ohio State 2013/2014 - Third year in Oz

When you only play 30 minutes out of 60 you are going to lose. The biggest difference tonight was on the first This is feria goal they got to the loose puck in front of the net unlike last night. The Buckeyes were way to sloppy with the puck all night long. The PP was just awful all weekend long and tonight they tried to make the perfect play instead of putting the puck on net. I know that splits are great on the road but after playing so well last night I thought they would come out jumping but it didn't happen. Brady deserved better as she was solid. The second goal came right off a face off and it looked to me like the guy fanned on the shot and Brady went down expecting the shot which put him out of position off the shot and the shooter buried it.

Comment

When you only play 30 minutes out of 60 you are going to lose. The biggest difference tonight was on the first This is feria goal they got to the loose puck in front of the net unlike last night. The Buckeyes were way to sloppy with the puck all night long. The PP was just awful all weekend long and tonight they tried to make the perfect play instead of putting the puck on net. I know that splits are great on the road but after playing so well last night I thought they would come out jumping but it didn't happen. Brady deserved better as she was solid. The second goal came right off a face off and it looked to me like the guy fanned on the shot and Brady went down expecting the shot which put him out of position off the shot and the shooter buried it.
                      Agree on the slpoopy puck handling. Even the empty netter should never have happened. Two of our guys right together with the puck uncertain of what to do and a Bulldog came right up and took it from them!

Comment

Not a good night for this player.

OSU-1 Alex Szczechura (10-Game Misconduct)

14:24

OSU-2 Alex Szczechura (5-Spearing) FSU 0x1
                        " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Not a good night for this player.

OSU-1 Alex Szczechura (10-Game Misconduct)

14:24

OSU-2 Alex Szczechura (5-Spearing) FSU 0x1
                          I didn't see what happened on the internet broadcast and they don't show replays but the announcers said they didn't see spearing, just an elbow to the head.

Comment

I didn't see what happened on the internet broadcast and they don't show replays but the announcers said they didn't see spearing, just an elbow to the head.
                            That's my point. Bad reffing in both games. It's sad because it just hurts both teams & slows the tempo of the game down when the games are Reffed poorly.
                            " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

That's my point. Bad reffing in both games. It's sad because it just hurts both teams & slows the tempo of the game down when the games are Reffed poorly.
                              I didnt see what happened it was behind the play but i thought the refs did a pretty nice job this weekend. On the drive home i had a lot of time to think about last nights game. I will give Ferris a lot of credit the 2nd game a lot of times is about adjustments and who ever does a better job of adjusting there game usually wins. Ferris adjusted a lot better than the Buckeyes did. They took away time and space all night long in all 3 zones and forced a bunch of mistakes and bad decisions. In their Defensive zone they took away all shooting lanes and the Buckeyes really never got much towards the net and when they did it was either knocked down by a defenseman or Mott kicked it aside. Next week is going to start a key 2 week stretch against the 2 UP teams and they better take advantage and win some games. I figure they need 9 of the 12 points because the February schedule is just plain brutal even though all but 2 of the games are at home.
                              Last edited by klbaum1077; 01-13-2013, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Ohio State ranked at 24th in PairWise and RPI, 28th in KRACH. Got some work to do boys!

Comment

Working...
                                X