This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2013/2014 - Third year in Oz

CCHA Legacy team of the week - Your 2004 Ohio State buckeyes.....

http://www.ccha.com/celebrate_the_le...hio_state.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
      CCHA Legacy team of the week - Your 2004 Ohio State buckeyes.....

http://www.ccha.com/celebrate_the_le...hio_state.aspx
      Those were 3 great days at the Joe. I remember them very well. being down 2-0 to ND right off the bat only to have them claw back to win in OT. The Miami game might be the most exciting game i have watched at the Joe. Then the title game against michigan, that is the best i have ever seen an Ohio State team play against Michigan. They dominated that game for 50 minutes and hung on by the skin of there noses. As superstitious as i am i sat in the same seat all 3 nights took the same route to my seat, only got up during the 2nd intermission all 3 nights.

Comment

We won't hold that against you.
        Don't know if she ever forgave dad for taking classes at OSU. lol!

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
          Those were 3 great days at the Joe. I remember them very well. being down 2-0 to ND right off the bat only to have them claw back to win in OT. The Miami game might be the most exciting game i have watched at the Joe. Then the title game against michigan, that is the best i have ever seen an Ohio State team play against Michigan. They dominated that game for 50 minutes and hung on by the skin of there noses. As superstitious as i am i sat in the same seat all 3 nights took the same route to my seat, only got up during the 2nd intermission all 3 nights.
          probably my all time favorite OSU hockey weekend - just so unexpected. Caught a little bit of the party back at the hotel. Lots of smiling players. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            I've got a sense for it. Grandmother was U of M grad - Class of 1918!
            Wow that is pretty cool. The year after she graduated Michigan won their 5th football National Championship with the great Fielding H. Yost as the head coach.. That means she was a student and most likely watching Michigan play football as an independent and when their fight song was Varsity instead of The Victors! (The Victors was dropped when Michigan withdrew from the conference because it had "champions of the West" in it, & the B1G was called the Western Conference back then).
            ---
            National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
            Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
            19 Conference Championships
            10 Conference Tournament Championships
            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
              Wow that is pretty cool. The year after she graduated Michigan won their 5th football National Championship with the great Fielding H. Yost as the head coach.. That means she was a student and most likely watching Michigan play football as an independent and when their fight song was Varsity instead of The Victors! (The Victors was dropped when Michigan withdrew from the conference because it had "champions of the West" in it, & the B1G was called the Western Conference back then).
              She was proud to be a Michigan grad her entire life and grew up in the Detroit suburb of Northville but in those days all a woman could do with a college degree was teach.
              The Bentley Library at Michigan found her academic records for me earlier this year which was way cool and I have her commencement book in mint condition.
              Sorry to my OSU friends for the brief thread hijack with the Michigan topic.
              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-12-2012, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                The Miami game was classic with J.B. scoring the winning goal in OT right after the faceoff. You could hear a pin drop in the sections where all the Miami fans were. It's memorable moments like that which has me looking forward so much to this weekends games against them!
                My son is a Miami alum and there's some pretty serious bragging rights riding on who wins.

Comment

note from this morning's Dispatch in an article on the Miami series

Osiecki said the rivalry will continue when the CCHA dissolves after this season. Ohio State will play in the Big Ten and Miami in the National Collegiate Hockey Conference next year. Bowling Green, Ohio’s third Division I team, will play in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association, but Ohio State will continue to play the Falcons, as well.

“I hate to see the CCHA go, but I think it is outstanding for the game of hockey in Ohio,” Davidge said. “And if you’re a pro or amateur scout, it’s going to be an ideal place to watch games with three different conferences here. It’s good for the game overall.”

Comment

note from this morning's Dispatch in an article on the Miami series
                    Good for game overall is a party line view. Let me hear that from someone who's not getting a paycheck for saying it. They destroyed two conferences for the B1G to come about.
                    And of course we'll still play our in state teams with only 6 teams in the B1G, but how much will we play them?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      Good for game overall is a party line view. Let me hear that from someone who's not getting a paycheck for saying it. They destroyed two conferences for the B1G to come about.
                      And of course we'll still play our in state teams with only 6 teams in the B1G, but how much will we play them?
                      There have been rumors out of our end that the schools have agreed to start opening seasons with a Oxford/Columbus home and home. That has always sounded like a pretty solid plan to me, we'll have to wait and see if it ends up coming to fruition.

Comment

My weekend preview of the Miami series: http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/1249245.html
                        www.BuckeyeSports.com

Comment

Great to see Brady Hjelle having such success this year. Got to watch him for 2 years here in Cedar Rapids.

Always a fan favorite, and the crowd went nuts when the family guy "Peanut Butter Hjelle Time" came on the big screen.

Comment

Originally posted by jsvo88 View Post
                            My weekend preview of the Miami series: http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/1249245.html
                            Great read Jsvo88! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

OT shootout loss against Miami. I will take it the way the Bucks played last weekend. I thought they had the game in the bag until Kroegh took that stupid penalty late in the 3rd period. Goalie Brady Hjelle was the reason again that the Buck won some points against a very good Miami team.

I just don't understand the style the Bucks play. They play a more layed back style of hockey & there either HOT or COLD. The Bucks needed to come out more aggresive and play like the home team , like Miami did. I had to double check & see if the Bucks were at there home arena the first period!!! LOL.
                              Last edited by THE OHIO STATE; 12-14-2012, 10:19 PM.
                              " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

I thought Miami controled alot of that game tonight and probably deserved to win the game. That being said i also think the Buckeyes did some nice things, they really need to start finishing around the net. I dont know how many times they had the puck with in a few feet of the net and passed it or just flat out missed the net. Brady was outstanding once again although i though he fought the puck at times tonight. that penalty by Krough was just plain stupid. Tonight is a perfect example why i hate shootouts, instead of feeling pretty good about a tie you now feel like crap because of losing that shootout. I hope next year the BIG dont adapt the stupid shootouts. Tomorrow it is very important to get a win going into the Break just so they have a nice feeling coming back on the 26th to get ready for the 2nd half.

Comment

Working...
                                X