X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2013/2014 - Third year in Oz

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    If Oz is going to get the axe, why wait til the end of the season? Just drop it now please. Let your AD know how you feel. Thanks.
    I doubt if anyone really wants to see Coach Oz get the axe. We would all prefer to see him get our program to the next level and be here as long as he wants to be here. Some of us, myself included, probably need to be a little more patient. This is only his third season. Sometimes it takes longer than three seasons to build up a down hockey program.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
      Mrs 86 and I will be at both games. We're doing the hockey DH! Looking forward to it!
      The women's game will probably be pretty empty as most Buckeye fans won't miss watching the football team's game on TV at 3:30 for anything.
      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-12-2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

For the latest news on Sam Jardine check out the tweets of Shawn Mitchell of the Dispatch. Out for a while but got really lucky not worse

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          The women's game will probably be pretty empty as most Buckeye fans won't miss watching the football team's game on TV at 3:30 for anything.
          We are thinking of getting there @2 then watching both from the club level. Just walk back and forth lol. Plus it will help my clan be on time for the men's game. Just as long they don't clear the bldg between games. Now Friday at 2 I've got nothing there, silly little thing called a job

Comment

As bad as things might seem to some experienced hockey eyes, to a common fan things might not appear terrible. If Ohio State gets the bounce on the second goal Saturday night instead of Alaska we probably win. That doesn't make up for a dismal power play or inconsistent efforts. Goaltending has been excellant thankfully. I guess the good thing is that maybe this is the time of year to struggle, if the boys can come out and jump on Northern Michigan the momentum can change in an instance. The talent is there. Hope we can start getting some bounces, and get on a roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
              No, he's not going to get the axe. OSU's policy on most sports (hockey included) is to let a coach work through his entire contract and then not renew it if success is lacking. Oz is safe for several years.
              Wishful thinking on my part, the guy who replaced OZ left the program, we need someone bad. I think it's safe to say as a whole UW fans miss Oz.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Wishful thinking on my part, the guy who replaced OZ left the program, we need someone bad. I think it's safe to say as a whole UW fans miss Oz.
                No one here can deny his credentials. We're just puzzled now that he has most of his recruits in place that things aren't clicking better.
                Hey, at least you'll get to see him several times next season when the B1G starts!

Comment

You folks might be interested in listening to this show at 6 p.m. tonight. Guests are NMU's head coach Walt Kyle and CCHA Commissioner Fred Pletsch: http://columbuswired.net/puckeyes-co...sday-at-6-p-m/

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    I agree with you on that. We're actually going to Friday's games. We'll miss Saturday's games as we have other plans.

Comment

The Dispatch had a story in it today about Jardine's injury. Probably 6 to 10 weeks recovery. Here's the link but one thing though, if you aren't a Dispatch customer the link may not work for you.
                      http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/cont...e-bad-cut.html
                      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-13-2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Got a chance to talk to Sam Jardine today about his injury and how it's not as serious as originally feared. First time I got to talk to him and he seems like a great kid. Best of luck to him in his recovery.

http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/1239928.html
                        www.BuckeyeSports.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsvo88 View Post
                          Got a chance to talk to Sam Jardine today about his injury and how it's not as serious as originally feared. First time I got to talk to him and he seems like a great kid. Best of luck to him in his recovery.

http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/1239928.html
                          Thanks for sharing that!

Comment

Come on now everyone, we won a hockey game tonight and this thread is still buried on page two?!? Just kidding. Hey, not much to complain about tonight! We won 2-0 with Hjelle getting the shutout! He only had to face 18 shots IIRC because our blueliners were pretty solid in front of him, but when he was tested he came through with some big saves. Also, newsflash, we got a power play goal tonight! I don't know the x's and o's of the game of hockey as well as some of you other posters, but I thought we played a solid game tonight. We spent some time in the box, but we were able to kill all of them off. Hopefully this performance will get us moving forward and we can get a sweep tomorrow! We could use three more points! Way to go Bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                              Come on now everyone, we won a hockey game tonight and this thread is still buried on page two?!? Just kidding. Hey, not much to complain about tonight! We won 2-0 with Hjelle getting the shutout! He only had to face 18 shots IIRC because our blueliners were pretty solid in front of him, but when he was tested he came through with some big saves. Also, newsflash, we got a power play goal tonight! I don't know the x's and o's of the game of hockey as well as some of you other posters, but I thought we played a solid game tonight. We spent some time in the box, but we were able to kill all of them off. Hopefully this performance will get us moving forward and we can get a sweep tomorrow! We could use three more points! Way to go Bucks!
                              I wasnt able to make it down this weekend but from what i read it sounds like they played pretty well. Nice win now go and get a sweep tomorrow.

Comment

WIN , yes it was good to see the boys control the game & get the win. I sure liked how Goalie Brady Hjelle played again. He's sharp & very aggresive t0 find & cover the pucks. I hope Coach OZ starts him again on Saturday night so we can get the sweep and 6 points.
                                " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Working...
                                X