Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU vs. Brock University - October 7

Let the season begin!

Sure, it's only exhibition hockey, but sometimes these games are interesting. I remember the first-ever game at the BEC - a 20-2 drubbing of Laurentian. Might've been the last time they came to Marquette.

What are your thoughts, expectations, etc., in the warm-up game on Sunday?

Re: NMU vs. Brock University - October 7

That was a fun game!
    Anybody have any reports from practice?
    GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

For the first time in a long time I can't make it to the exhibition game.

I hear the first full coaches practice is Saturday. I might be able to catch that depending on what time it's scheduled for. Does anybody know when on Saturday that might be?

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
        For the first time in a long time I can't make it to the exhibition game.

I hear the first full coaches practice is Saturday. I might be able to catch that depending on what time it's scheduled for. Does anybody know when on Saturday that might be?
        Will the rest of your crew be there NMUFAN?

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Country View Post
          Will the rest of your crew be there NMUFAN?
          They should be.

I've tried to get to at least one preseason practice each year for the last twenty years. I've gone to the BEC a couple times in the last few weeks and apparently missed the team. Does Davyd or Wellens or anybody else know when the Cats practice on Saturday?

Comment

Tech'll have 'em softened up for you.
            Pearson says they're a tough team...already played three games this season....not a sure win for Tech....probably not for the Cats either.

Comment

*Bump* Tech beats Brock 6-2.

Glad to have hockey underway. And I hope we don't have a hangover and miss Florek's scoring skill. I'd really like to stick it to the B1G and NCHC teams this season.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

They played decently - we might've softened them up, but they've got plenty of pride. They jawed with and hacked at our players a lot. Brock's goalies might keep you guys from hitting double digits.

Comment

Updated my sig for the direct link to the audio. DavyD is calling the game this afternoon, and Matt Wellens is tweeting the game.

@MattWellens: End of the first period. Northern Michigan 1, Brock 0. Shots 9-8 in favor of NMU. #nmuhky
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

only 2 goals in the exhibition? I wasn't there, but it's hardly an auspicious start for our already maligned offense.

otherwise, college hockey is back! I look forward to following the 'cats with everyone on here this season
                    NMU '10

Comment

Originally posted by sisu458 View Post
                      only 2 goals in the exhibition? I wasn't there, but it's hardly an auspicious start for our already maligned offense.

otherwise, college hockey is back! I look forward to following the 'cats with everyone on here this season
                      NMU had 37 shots. Brock goalie was 1st star. Pretty solid game for NMU, played without Vigier, Epp and Daugherty. Freshmen Rose and Adair looked really good as did Doan. Cats limited scoring opportunities.
                      Last edited by davyd83; 10-07-2012, 11:36 PM.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Zero goals scored though, so that's a good thing.

All of the defensemen from last season are back as well the goaltender.

So, hopefully, the defense will be strong throughout the season.

Good luck 'Cats!!!

Edit: BTW, is anyone going to start a "2012-2013 season thread?"
                        Last edited by aygwm2; 10-07-2012, 07:46 PM.
                        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Working...
                        X