Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    And $10 parking ain't right either.
    Well, you only have to walk maybe 100 feet on level asphalt. I think that's a bargain.
    Cost a lot more to get a pass to Beacon Street Garage, gotta walk a lot further and it's an up hill walk.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Get liquored up and grab a cab.............cheaper than parking............

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
        Get liquored up and grab a cab.............cheaper than parking............
        That's a helluva cab fare from Boston.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Any idea if we can catch the Maine Vs. Notre Dame game online or if NBC Sports will have a feed available online?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            Well, you only have to walk maybe 100 feet on level asphalt. I think that's a bargain.
            Cost a lot more to get a pass to Beacon Street Garage, gotta walk a lot further and it's an up hill walk.
            Why get a pass to Beacon when you can park for free in Comm Ave garage? And you care about the walk??? Come on...

Comment

Is it really $50 a ticket?? What's the cheapest seats? I couldn't imagine hardly anyone paying $50 to see them play, unless it's some sort of luxury box or the absolute best seat in the place or some other gimmick that makes rich people feel like it's worth it.

*Edit* Just went online and saw prices are $19,$23 and $50. That is quite a bit imo, but I'll still go to a couple games when I'm home. They should start selling beer at the games like the do at football games (At least I read a BDN article saying they were going to sell beer at the football games, haven't been able to confirm that they are though)
              Last edited by MainefaninMA; 10-11-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

there's a "beer garden" located along with a number of the new promotional booths in the area near the south endzone.

doubtful they'll ever let fans drink inside the alfond outside of the luxury boxes IMO, although I'd love to see it.
                Imagine if the administration actually cared about having a great atmosphere (i'd say it's decreased dramatically since my freshman year 6 years ago) and lowered ticket prices and sold beer at a reasonable price (4 dollars would be much lower than prices at most sporting events). Maybe there would be 5K in the building with some volume and energy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainefaninMA View Post
                  Is it really $50 a ticket?? What's the cheapest seats? I couldn't imagine hardly anyone paying $50 to see them play, unless it's some sort of luxury box or the absolute best seat in the place or some other gimmick that makes rich people feel like it's worth it.

*Edit* Just went online and saw prices are $19,$23 and $50. That is quite a bit imo, but I'll still go to a couple games when I'm home. They should start selling beer at the games like the do at football games (At least I read a BDN article saying they were going to sell beer at the football games, haven't been able to confirm that they are though)
                  They were selling them for the quinnipiac game so I assume that's the price regardless of opponent which is a little shocking. Is anyone here actually paying that or know others who are? It's kind of crazy that's the road the school is going down. Where attendance has been so bad (relatively) the last five years or so you would think there be more of an emphasis to get people in the building, something like Merrimack and UML have done.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

selling beer might lead to more loud, obnoxious fans...but that's not a great atmosphere IMO. Agganis sells beer...virtually no atmosphere in that building. not selling $50 tickets in the state of Maine to see a product that isn't up to par would certainly be a start (you'd think).

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Why get a pass to Beacon when you can park for free in Comm Ave garage? And you care about the walk??? Come on...
                      I do park at Comm Ave. garage. Was just sayin'.
                      Maine's $10. to park right at the front door ain't bad. Park across the street at the frat house (where I do when BC is there) and I believe it is the same price, or more.

Comment

Originally posted by MainefaninMA View Post

Just to clearify, it is only $50 for individual games in sections C,D, M, and N which are the chairbacks inside the Blue Lines. I have season tickets for over 20 yrs there and pay $18 and change/game which is what everyone else pays for season tickets.
                        I can understand charging alittle bit more but the $50 is extreme. I would think that the remaining unsold season tickets in those sections will remain unsold and the Mr. Abbott will have to rethink the cost of those seats.

I also think it would be nice to be able to have a beer at the game but if it means you have to be penned up in a beer drinking corner I wouldn't bother plus there really arn't and any free corners.

Not sure I would agree with UMSF on the atmoshpere at the Alfond not being what it was 6 yrs ago. For the the biggies- BU, BC and UNH the Balcony which is all students is louder now than it ever has been.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          I do park at Comm Ave. garage. Was just sayin'.
                          Maine's $10. to park right at the front door ain't bad. Park across the street at the frat house (where I do when BC is there) and I believe it is the same price, or more.
                          Its not right at the front door, those cost 500 for the season last I knew. The spot we're talking about is on the side of the field house that used to be reserved for season ticket holders, probably 100 yds from the front door of Alfond
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

They are going to have to start selling beer for fans to be able to sit through a game...hell it gets too bad they might have to break out the hard stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Its not right at the front door, those cost 500 for the season last I knew. The spot we're talking about is on the side of the field house that used to be reserved for season ticket holders, probably 100 yds from the front door of Alfond

They must not sell too many parking spots for $500.
                              When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DownEastblkbearfan View Post
                                They are going to have to start selling beer for fans to be able to sit through a game...hell it gets too bad they might have to break out the hard stuff!
                                "Give me an Allen's, barkeep!"
                                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
                                X