Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    the broadcast announcers did not think it deserved 5, walrus did not think so.
    and the refs were not all that certain, or they would have tossed him instantly rather than had a pow wow for a minute.
    If the call was contact to the head, I didn't see it. I don't see how it was hitting from behind, the guy was skating behind the net, Joey hit him after coming around the net. If he did get him in the head then good call and Joey better learn. If not it was 2 minute minor if that
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      I was there and it was a dirty hit,no need of it,but it's NOT just a Maine player....College Hockey teams all have a few that over do it.
      Please enlighten us as to how it was a dirty hit? From my perspective it was clean the whole way...the only thing I thought he could have been called for was a hit from behind as the Quinnipiac player turned at the last second. And if that was the call then the refs blew it because everyone knows that if a player turns like that it's his own **** fault if he gets hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo1091 View Post
        Please enlighten us as to how it was a dirty hit? From my perspective it was clean the whole way...the only thing I thought he could have been called for was a hit from behind as the Quinnipiac player turned at the last second. And if that was the call then the refs blew it because everyone knows that if a player turns like that it's his own **** fault if he gets hurt.
        I was speaking about Prestin Ryan on Voce...not last nights play that Diamond was involved in...what Ryan did was after a scoring play...so hopefully that clears this one up.

Comment

If that was a dirty hit then college hockey should do away with checking all together. Diamond never left his feet; Did not extend his elbow; Did not target the head ( Reminder: the player he hit was about 6'2 while DIamond is 5'8 on skates). It was obvious to any objective observer or knowledgable hockey fan that the player turned at the last [split] second. The right call, at best, could have been charging (just to keep the peace). But what we saw last night was what has become all too familiar in college hockey: An offensive puck carrier selling out his own body to avoid a hit, and the defensive player getting penalized for it. The referees also have to understand that people do not show up to watch them; Their time has passed. It seems to me to be a common case of a bunch of "over-the-hill", sub-par hockey players still craving the attention that goes along with being difference makers during the games. The referees are there to enforce the rules that are "cut and dry" in the rule book, not subjectively dictate the flow of the game. Their job is not easy. Nobody says it is. But that's where a good coach comes in and reminds them how fallible they actually are. Unfortunately we root for a team thats coach would rather stoicly stand with one thumb in his mouth and another up his ***** than stand up for his players. Wake up Tim!

Comment

Originally posted by maineiac37 View Post
            If that was a dirty hit then college hockey should do away with checking all together. Diamond never left his feet; Did not extend his elbow; Did not target the head ( Reminder: the player he hit was about 6'2 while DIamond is 5'8 on skates). It was obvious to any objective observer or knowledgable hockey fan that the player turned at the last [split] second. The right call, at best, could have been charging (just to keep the peace). But what we saw last night was what has become all too familiar in college hockey: An offensive puck carrier selling out his own body to avoid a hit, and the defensive player getting penalized for it. The referees also have to understand that people do not show up to watch them; Their time has passed. It seems to me to be a common case of a bunch of "over-the-hill", sub-par hockey players still craving the attention that goes along with being difference makers during the games. The referees are there to enforce the rules that are "cut and dry" in the rule book, not subjectively dictate the flow of the game. Their job is not easy. Nobody says it is. But that's where a good coach comes in and reminds them how fallible they actually are. Unfortunately we root for a team thats coach would rather stoicly stand with one thumb in his mouth and another up his ***** than stand up for his players. Wake up Tim!
            You Diamond apologists are unbelievable..
            Lowell Forever
            Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
              You Diamond apologists are unbelievable..
              Please explain

Comment

Originally posted by maineiac37 View Post
                Please explain
                How can he, He didn't see the hit

Comment

Williams, Cerretani and Norman made appearances on the ice tonight. Morris came into the game at the 9:48 mark in the second period. He is a little guy and played well. He and Ouellette each allowed a goal. It was fun watching 4 on 4 in OT. The UNB goal was clearly after the horn. Anyone know how Jon Swavely is?
                  Last edited by Runsub5; 10-08-2012, 08:22 AM. Reason: changed one word

Comment

Are they doing 4 on 4 ot for all the games this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      Are they doing 4 on 4 ot for all the games this year?
                      4 on 4 if both coaches agree in out of conference games only I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        4 on 4 if both coaches agree in out of conference games only I believe.
                        Why is the NCAA so stubborn to change on this? It makes for more exciting hockey.

Does it have something to do with concern for rankings?

Comment

Some coaches have been trying to establish 4 on 4 hockey for the last few years. It's always up for discussion by the NCAA rules committee. Maine coach Whitehead has been a strong supporter of 4 on 4 in OT. The players love it and so do the fans. The main concern I have heard from those who oppose it, is that the team with the more skilled players has the advantage with 4 on 4. My point is, if a team is more skilled, then why is there a tie? I agree with you.

Comment

So Marty and Morris combined for a .931 tonight..? I like it, even in an exhibition.

Maine is going to need 'tending like that all year long just avoid a sub-.500 season, IMO.

Comment

Timmay doesn't just lose them to BC, now he evens loses them to UNH
                              http://bangordailynews.com/2012/10/0...ommits-to-unh/

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Timmay doesn't just lose them to BC, now he evens loses them to UNH
                                http://bangordailynews.com/2012/10/0...ommits-to-unh/
                                I would wager there are more UNH fans than Maine fans in the Berwicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X