Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Worst....start....ever...

Originally posted by Larry Mahoney
    Maine is now 0-4 in Hockey East and 1-8 overall, including six straight losses, and 0-4 in Hockey East.

Maine’s previous worst start in Hockey East was 0-3 in the 1985-86 season. Hockey East’s inaugural season was 1984-85.

The Black Bears are also 0-5 at home. This matches the second-worst home start in program history, tying the 1981-82 team. The record is six.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      The empirical evidence is clear: this program has hit rock-bottom, on ifs ands or buts... To argue otherwise is insane.
      What'd they say on the broadcast yesterday, worst start since Semler back in 1981 or something, and 0-5 in HE, worst ever. You can't say TIMMAY hasn't produced a lot of "firsts" while at Maine.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by BearNecessity View Post
        Priceless loses all credibility when he suggests that you should switch Cornell for Norman..........and what defines leadership? Priceless would have us believe that skating aimlessly and not scoring is better than playing physically, blocking shots, being a leader in dressing room, classroom etc.... Tim's system or lack thereof is to blame....How do you explain the power play, Rutt, Hutton, O'Connor Pryor are the points...how is that working for you?
        I think his point is really to play the young guys and give them all the experience possible

I agree Cornell is a decent defenseman, but giving an underclass man experience might salvage the season two years from now... No point in trying to salvage this one

Comment

• Originally posted by jaz View Post
          Yep....you are correct, CenMEblackbearfan....I cannot believe it took this long for this to come up....it is what probably got him out of college hockey(as an asst.), and surely will come up if Maine tries to hire. And i to would want him here, but heard same thing. Also, I am new here, but have enjoyed reading all the info as a blackbear fan.
          Do tell
          Is it ethanol related?

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
            Do tell
            Is it ethanol related?
            yes sir...

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              I thought the folks in this thread had settled on Zombie Shawn Walsh.
              So he'd just stand behind the bench doing nothing? Can't be any different than what we've got now. Might be better, cause at least he'd let out a "Grrrr" or an "arrrgh" once in a while in the direction of the officials
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by jaz View Post
                yes sir...
                I'd take that in an instant, especially if Grant is back behind the bench too.

Comment

Does anyone think that it's an actual possibility that TW gets fired mid season?(maybe if the team loses the next couple of games) Or is that a complete reach? I think Corkum could take over for the rest of the year...
                  Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Never happen nor should it over wins and losses.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Never happen nor should it over wins and losses.
                      when is it not about winning and losing? Isn't that the point?
                      Curse of the Timmy

Comment

I understand that but that doesn't mean he is there. He works via videotape, skype etc
                        Grant is absolutely working remotely... he was at one of my men's league games a few weeks back because monty had a situation with one of his goalies and turned to Grant who in turn talked to Metcalf about Ryan Shelley's cousin who was playing for Pete's midget team. They were going to go up to Alfond and work the kid out, but when Grant heard Pete had a men's league game that night, had Pete see if the kid could play for them that night (to which the UNE goalie coach, quickly stepped aside to let happen)...

two years ago, he went out and worked with morris for a couple of weeks at the beginning of the season and then worked remotely for him after that

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                          Does anyone think that it's an actual possibility that TW gets fired mid season?(maybe if the team loses the next couple of games) Or is that a complete reach? I think Corkum could take over for the rest of the year...
                          We'd all love to see it, but the working people of Maine *might* consider it a waste of their tax dollars... (And they'd have a point there.)

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                            when is it not about winning and losing? Isn't that the point?
                            College athletics? It has morphed to that as its more like professional athletics. But it will never happen over W and Ls during the season at UMaine. They will let him play out the season and possibly next season as he is under contract. The publicity hit of buying him out won't be good, it certainly won't thrill me as I pay enough taxes that are flushed down the toilet IMHO.
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

College athletics? It has morphed to that as its more like professional athletics. But it will never happen over W and Ls during the season at UMaine. They will let him play out the season and possibly next season as he is under contract. The publicity hit of buying him out won't be good, it certainly won't thrill me as I pay enough taxes that are flushed down the toilet IMHO.
                              Well you know for a fact that this season is and will be an unmitigated disaster. Other than possibly Vermont, I cannot see a weaker team in the league than Maine. So if Timmay gets a chance to "turn it around" next season, he might just cobble together enough wins to get sympathy votes, God help us, to get yet another contract extension if the University is okay with mediocrity in their athletic programs. I would hope that Abbott wont be satisfied with Whiteheads mediocre at best job he has done and show him the door, get the fanbase back on board and increase the gate proceeds back to where they should be with this program. There is no reason this program should not return to its rightful position on top of Hockey East.

What will never happen but would be best for all parties would be for him to graciously step down at the end of this years debacle and save face for everyone. Whitehead does not have the gnads to do that though.
                              Last edited by all bear; 11-06-2012, 06:00 AM.
                              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                                Other than possibly Vermont, I cannot see a weaker team in the league than Maine.
                                While I appreciate your use of the word "possibly," statistics don't support an argument for UVM being weaker than Maine. We've played 5 league games, with three of those being on the road. We've been in every one of those games and have a win and two ties to show for it. I'm not saying it's gonna come down to UVM and BC for the league title, but I'll take our spot in the standings over Maine.

I do feel for you guys and have been following this thread closely. Timmay must go but, unfortunately, I don't see that happening before his contract expires. Like UVM, Maine isn't the type of school to fire a coach mid contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X