Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    It's not the "almost beating them" it's the way they played. They had some jump in their step, were agressive with and without the puck, and were generating chances in the offensive zone. At the same time, the defense was not the pylon turnover machines that they have been all season, they played a pretty strong game. As did the goaltender.

Wasn't enough to beat BC, but compared to the games they'd played up to this point it was a marked improvement. Timmay must've turned the practices over to Bobby this week.
    Exactly.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      It's not the "almost beating them" it's the way they played. They had some jump in their step, were agressive with and without the puck, and were generating chances in the offensive zone. At the same time, the defense was not the pylon turnover machines that they have been all season, they played a pretty strong game. As did the goaltender.

Wasn't enough to beat BC, but compared to the games they'd played up to this point it was a marked improvement. Timmay must've turned the practices over to Bobby this week.
      I agree, there were a lot of positives to take away from the game, many quality scoring chances, much tighter d zone coverage, puck movement was crisp, much better effort everywhere. I think we won more battles than any game I've seen this year. Feeling much better now than after last weeks sad display.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
        The last NCAA title in that group was 9 years ago. Bad example.
        Sorry but any time a team plays thes 3 they play there "A" game...meaning anytime you play these 3,they want to beat them in the worst way...get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          The #1 team in the country is always going to have a target on their back. Furthermore, with the 3 titles recently and the beatings they have put on most teams in the league over a long period of time, everyone in this league is going to bring their A game for BC and wants to knock them off. I'm not sure if anyone else wears a target on their backs like BC throughout the country.
          sorry, I thought we were talking about Maine always having a target because of their storied history

Comment

*****http://i165.***********.com/albums/u43/walrus_07/178925_10151251559632608_1083699835_n.jpg******
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              *****http://i165.***********.com/albums/u43/walrus_07/178925_10151251559632608_1083699835_n.jpg******
              Love it

Comment

Today could be Maine's last good chance to beat BC and/or UNH as they'll play the rest of their games against those two on the road after today's game.

Comment

Change is good
                  sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by all bear View Post
                    Change is necessary in Orono.
                    Fyp

Comment

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                      You'll feel better after Maine annihilates UNH tomorrow. Take it to the bank.
                      onion mans odd obsession with UNH lives on

Comment

• Its time for some new coaching staff blah blah we all know it. It's been said over and over and over. Nothing is going to change in season so all you "fans" and "hockey experts" sound so lame repeating the same complaints over and over again ugh.... now that I got that out of thevway... if you were at the game against BC you can't argue that they came out with a spark we haven't seen yet... they are a young TALENTED team and will probably continued to struggle this year but it was good to see them hitting and playing with some edge. I predict we get the win tonight with a big game from Oullette and some of the freshmen and sophmores stepping up

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                          Today could be Maine's last good chance to beat BC and/or UNH as they'll play the rest of their games against those two on the road after today's game.
                          I'm going to go way out on a limb and predict we don't beat BC today.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Bleedblue44 View Post
                            if you were at the game against BC you can't argue that they came out with a spark we haven't seen yet... they are a young TALENTED team and will probably continued to struggle this year but it was good to see them hitting and playing with some edge.
                            You have 13 Juniors and Seniors on the roster and am guessing most of your underclassmen are 21+, so not sure how you think you have a young team. As for talent, your leading scorer has 2 goals, the second of which was shot in off of his leg. Your 1-7, with your only win being a nail biter at home vs Army and you think you're talented.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                              You have 13 Juniors and Seniors on the roster and am guessing most of your underclassmen are 21+, so not sure how you think you have a young team. As for talent, your leading scorer has 2 goals, the second of which was shot in off of his leg. Your 1-7, with your only win being a nail biter at home vs Army and you think you're talented.
                              Good point about all of the 21+ freshmen. I think that it's time to start bringing in more 18/19 year olds. By 21, they have developed bad habits......on and off the ice. Problem is........all of the 16/17 year old recruits worth a hill of beans have already signed with the good programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleedblue44 View Post
                                Its time for some new coaching staff blah blah we all know it. It's been said over and over and over. Nothing is going to change in season so all you "fans" and "hockey experts" sound so lame repeating the same complaints over and over again ugh....
                                But isn't it even lamer that the UM administration keeps allowing this to happen season after season after season after season after...........????

Comment

Working...
                                X