Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

With only 1 goal 8 games in, Joey D must be kicking himself in the Arse for not going pro after last season.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      With only 1 goal 8 games in, Joey D must be kicking himself in the Arse for not going pro after last season.
      It's not necessarily shocking given his linemates last season and not having them this season... and knowing the type of goals he has a knack for scoring - a lot of the "junk" goals ala Dino Ciccarrelli from the crease area. I wouldn't have necessarily predicted this but if you told me this 2 months ago I wouldn't have been surprised either.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I knew he'd never match last year's total, but he's on a pace to score only about 4 or 5 goals this year, that's quite a drop-off....

Comment

Joey is a career garbageman, and you need those guys on a winning team... Problem is, if there are no pucks directed to the crease by more skilled players, the garbageman has nothing to pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Joey is a career garbageman, and you need those guys on a winning team... Problem is, if there are no pucks directed to the crease by more skilled players, the garbageman has nothing to pick up.
            Well put.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              We need to stop missing empty nets. At least for once this season we can say we were the better team, would have been very good value for the win tonight.
              Timmay is that you?, check the final score. Maine may have looked good or maybe better but they were hardly the better team last night.

How many too many men has Timmay had this year, 5 or 6? thats some great bench coaching right there
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Well we do need to give the team some credit for playing a very good game against the nations best team. In the end tho, it's just M.O.T.S. - a loss is a loss. Thats what good teams do. They may get outplayed but still figure out a way to win. Remember the Maine teams of old used to do that all the time? It's usually accomplished by the goaltender, always the most important position on the ice. The open net misses are getting really frustrating. I would say that if we play that well on sunday, we will get a win.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Timmay is that you?, check the final score. Maine may have looked good or maybe better but they were hardly the better team last night.

How many too many men has Timmay had this year, 5 or 6? thats some great bench coaching right there
                  I wish I was living back home making $190K a year If Maine plays like they did last night every game they will get at least 15 wins this year. I thought it was pretty encouraging.

Worse than the number of the too many men penalties has been when they've taken them, didn't they take one at the end of the Notre Dame game as well? Its hard to find a leveler being a man down.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Doubtful that Maine got BC's "A" game last night as it's pretty tough to get up for a 1-6 team - and yet even with that "all out" effort, you still managed to lose at home. In addition, they may be ranked #1, but this BC team is no juggernaut and doesn't have nearly the scoring depth or talent on defense that last year's team had. I'd be surprised if Maine won more than 10 games this year.

Comment

Doubtful that Maine got BC's "A" game last night as it's pretty tough to get up for a 1-6 team - and yet even with that "all out" effort, you still managed to lose at home. In addition, they may be ranked #1, but this BC team is no juggernaut and doesn't have nearly the scoring depth or talent on defense that last year's team had. I'd be surprised if Maine won more than 10 games this year.
                      I dont know how many teams in the nation skate 3 first round draft picks, a Hobey Baker favorite and arguably the best goalie in the nation like BC does. Oh, and the best coach in college hockey history, too. I think you are selling that BC team short. Maine is always tough at home and I agree probably gave them their A-game.
                      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

"A" game or not,BC didn't want to lose this game...they usually start the seasons not making any noise from Oct/Nov on then they slowly click together by the Holidays...they have a good Team,#1 as of now...maybe not,but they'll be Top 10 all season and will be a Contender at the end,while Maine needs change,pure and simple...they played better last night,but the ending is the same: a lost and on home ice....Whiteheads days should be numbered/he needs to leave right after the season is done,a buy-out deal and begin the Re-Building process...some might think it will be a painful Re-Building plan,but with someone new,more or less will return confidence that there is a PLAN in place...a New Coach with Passion and a System can and will make the Program bounce back...a few bumps along the way,but it's not impossible with the RIGHT Coach.

Comment

I count two first Rd draft picks (Hayes & Matheson) and never said they don't have some excellent players, it's just that they lack scoring depth at Forward and are inexperienced on defense. Sure they are 5-1, but they haven't exactly played the toughest schedule to date with their opponents having a combined record of 6-16-2. Again, not saying they aren't a very good team, but at this point of the season, I don't think it was a stretch to think that Maine could have pulled off the upset on their home ice and the fact that they "came close" is hardly reason for a celebration.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            they've been called twice for it while attempting to pull the goalie... no excuse for it...

Comment

I count two first Rd draft picks (Hayes & Matheson) and never said they don't have some excellent players, it's just that they lack scoring depth at Forward and are inexperienced on defense. Sure they are 5-1, but they haven't exactly played the toughest schedule to date with their opponents having a combined record of 6-16-2. Again, not saying they aren't a very good team, but at this point of the season, I don't think it was a stretch to think that Maine could have pulled off the upset on their home ice and the fact that they "came close" is hardly reason for a celebration.
                              you only say that Maine had a chance at this point in the season, because you had not seen them play.
                              Maine has NEVER had a team like this one, NEVER.

Comment

I don't think Maine necessarily got BC's A game, but I don't think BC was poor either. I agree on BC, if they have some guys go down they could have a tough time. I'm really impressed with Matheson, he might be the best dman in hockey east. Is there any chance he stays more than one year? Maine still has 30 or so games left, they'll get better as the season goes on and wind up somewhere between 15 and 20 wins.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X