Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

I assume all the home games are web-cast again this season? How is the feed? Is it worth getting?

Comment

Anyone know if the Maine/UNB game will be available online...either audio or video?

Comment

Originally posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
        Anyone know if the Maine/UNB game will be available online...either audio or video?
        ONLINE...goblackbears.com Check that site out.

Comment

Originally posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
          In the Audio/Video page of www.goblackbears.com it shows links for audio and video feeds for both games this weekend (vs. Quinnipiac tonight and vs UNB on Sunday). The video feeds are $7.95. I listen to most games, but occasionally pay for the live streaming feed. Being a UNB alum, I might watch Sunday's game.
          Last edited by Hoover; 10-06-2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            ONLINE...goblackbears.com Check that site out.
            You just beat me to it....

Comment

WMEB projects these lines for today's game.

Shore-Beattie-Diamond
              Shemansky-Higgins-Anthoine
              Riley-S Swavely-J Swavely
              Leen-Leidermark-Merchant

Pryor-Cornell
              Rutt-Nemec
              Hutton-O'Connor

Sullivan will be in goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                WMEB projects these lines for today's game.

Shore-Beattie-Diamond
                Shemansky-Higgins-Anthoine
                Riley-S Swavely-J Swavely
                Leen-Leidermark-Merchant

Pryor-Cornell
                Rutt-Nemec
                Hutton-O'Connor

Sullivan will be in goal.
                The lineup would look better with Parker and lomberg in it but nothing you can do about injuries. I think the defense is going to be a pleasant surprise. There aren't really any spectacular guys back there but doesn't seem to be much drop off between the pairs. I wish I was going tonight but have a commitment I can't get out of.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Does anyone know how good the stream is? I'll listen to the game if need be but I'm willing to spend the $8 as long as the stream from the blackbears website is alright.

Comment

Listening to the audio stream and it sounds like Maine is dominating Quinnipiac. Maine is up 1-0 after the first, Steven Swavely with the goal, assist by Jon Swavely. Sounds like the Freshmen are playing good, especially Hutton and Shore...Nemec is apparently putting a hitting show on which I thought whitehead didn't like a lot of ... Also thought Whitehead said they were going to be a more defensive sided team this year...but sounds like they were in the offensive zone a large portion of the period.. also leading shots 12-3.
                    IT'S ALL ABOUT THE NAVY AND BLUE! UMAINE BLACK BEARS

National Champions 93' 99'

Comment

Not good. Gotta wonder if having Joey Diamond on the ice for the latter 2 1/2 periods would've been worth one goal, esp. given all the PP time. Love to hear from someone there how bad the hit was? He's still gotta know better.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                        Not good. Gotta wonder if having Joey Diamond on the ice for the latter 2 1/2 periods would've been worth one goal, esp. given all the PP time. Love to hear from someone there how bad the hit was? He's still gotta know better.
                        Def not even a penalty, was as bad a call as the 'infield fly' last night
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

There's a reason why Diamond is playing for Maine and not BC.........

Comment

Diamond play was right in front of me and I don't even know what the call was. The Q player stuck his elbow out and Joey checked him. Wasn't boarding, might have been charging but it wasn't a 5 from what I saw.

Shore looked good, gonna take some time though. I thought Hutton played well on D. Didn't notice Merchant. Shemannsky missed a wide open net, awful shot, nice set up by Higgins. Higgins watched the Q player skate in from the redline to score their first, not sure what he was thinking but he never touched the guy the whole way in.

Maine looked good in the first and not so good the rest of the game. Offense is awful, PP is worse. Sully was good but still didn't catch a puck. Beattie looked lost and whined alot to the refs.

I hate losing to an ECAC team
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maine played very well in the first period. Showed some great skating ability and brought the puck out of the defensive zone numerous times. The score could easily have been 3-0 at the end of one period. Puck hit the post once and a ton of shots on goal. Second and third periods were very disappointing as was Diamond's behavior. The team's leading scorer remaining from last year is not on the ice when the team needs him the most. So much for being a captain and demonstrating leadership. Not many games will be won scoring only one goal. I think the freshmen looked good but it will take some time for them to adjust to division 1 hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Ineverquit View Post
                                Nemec is apparently putting a hitting show on which I thought whitehead didn't like a lot of ... .
                                you mean the hitting show that ended as soon as Maine went into the dressing room after the first period???

I think Timmy had something to say about it... cause it stopped... the hitting show, that is

Comment

Working...
                                X