Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Originally posted by BearNecessity View Post
    I truly believe this comes down to recruiting. Norman, Liedermark and Anderson, nice kids but Swedish meatballs on the ice, Pryor, skills of Tarzan, plays like Jane...Ouellete was far too young to play straight from HS, Beattie same thing. Heggerty was very much the same. Tim Ghandi and his lackey Dan " the man without a plan" Kerluke, have brought these kids in, have fallen in love with their choices and now the program suffers....Bill Norman, full scholarship guy,,,,ask yourself, was that a good investment...? Ouellette has to be on the way out, suspended for 2 games for disciplinary issues......does sully look like a real top tier HE goalie?....Morris is athletic and seems like a gamer and has been well coached....( Monty.....) but is young and needs time Cornell having to adjust his game considerably because he is with Pryor...
    D in gneral pressing but forwards can't seem to break out...1 goal this weekend...from Nemec....Where is Anthoine?, Where is Shemansky......We had a 5-3 and never got a shot on net as Pryor and Shemansky played 'catch on one side, while we had the other point wide open.... and Joey"Tri-Captain" Diamond had better learn to stay on the ***g ice...
    What happen to Ouellette to be suspended..?

Comment

Argument before Army game in St. Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post

He tell Timmay off?
        When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Wow, early in the season for so much drama! Do Whitehead teams always start this slow? I was encouraged in how the team came together last year and it seemed like Tim pushed all of the right buttons. The problem is that we'll never get these pairwise points back, and have to turn it around quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
            Wow, early in the season for so much drama! Do Whitehead teams always start this slow? I was encouraged in how the team came together last year and it seemed like Tim pushed all of the right buttons. The problem is that we'll never get these pairwise points back, and have to turn it around quickly.
            Pairwise?!? This team won't win 10 games.

Comment

Jesus Christ, the parallels between Timmay and Frank Spaziani are getting more apparent by the day.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
                  With all due respect, I don't think this team has what it takes to turn things around. If they can't beat the lower rated teams now, there is no way they are going to pile up victories down the road vs the BC's, BU's, UNH's, UML's, etc of the world. I can't remember a Maine team ever getting beat so bad in a weekend series at home, not even close to that bad. Zero offense, brutal defense, below average goaltending and a terrible coach, it just ain't gonna happen....

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Whatever the players are being told in practice isn't working. If you can't miss the first man on a shot from the point you're in a lot of trouble. I think the issue might be time being spent on 'systems' instead of individual skills. I think to some degree its up to the players to figure out how to get the puck to the net, its not like they're just starting out.
                    Yeah, but it's a whole lot easier to do that when the defenders are playing at half speed. When at full game speed, the things you do in your half speed practices aren't going to work. Practices need to be tougher than games, so once you are in the game, you're acting and reacting on instinct and muscle memory, and not being baffled by what you're seeing on the ice.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                      He tell Timmay off?
                      Probably, when TIMMAY!!! told him he was gonna play Morris instead.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

This is a Bad Team with a Bad Coach...you can see it on the ice,no sugar coating it...I don't like saying it but be "real" and just watch them play and watch how there Coached...we are fooling ourseleves if you think they'll rip off a 10-12 game unbeaten streak or UPSET the BC's or UML's this season. It is time for change at the end of the season...you and I can see it,BUT does the A.D. DARE do it..?

Comment

I'll say it again because a few Timmy apologists have reappeared. There is a huge lack of talent on this team. That is the coaching staff's responsibility. Bring in hard working, talented hockey players who will go to class and be decent members of the community. Coaching staff has brought in far fewer than needed talented hockey players.

I'm sick of people defending any of the blue liners. There is zero skill back there with exception of Hutton. Nemec is big, but turnover prone and loses key battles along boards because he doesn't use body to best of ability. Pryor whiffs on shots on PP, turns puck over.

Sullivan is a. 890-900 guy in net. Not good enough. I want to see more of Morris.

Too many undersized forwards with not enough skill and speed to make up for it. Diamond, Shore, Anthoine, Merchant, Lomberg, Beatie are good, but not great college players. I see potential in Shore, but he's a young freshman. Diamond is trying to do too much without Abbott and Flynn.

St. Lawrence had a guy on weak side all alone too many times to count. Puck carrier and two others would carry up right side while guy would sneak up left side and be all alone. Point Carvel (SLU coach). Timmy out coached once again.

Would love to see your talent level..................Zoomba !

Comment

Hey look at it this way........at least the baked potatoes are good.

Comment

Really good!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                                Would love to see your talent level..................Zoomba !
                                Never said I was as talented as any of the players. I played high school hockey and did not have the talent to play Division I hockey, but I'm not angry at the players. My beef is with Whitehead for not recruiting better Hockey East caliber student athletes. As long as Maine asks paying customers and donors to pony up $20+ to go to a college hockey game, I feel people have the right to voice their displeasure. If the players and coaches want to play and coach without getting criticized, there is Division III. I was a student athlete at the Division II level in a spring sport that was free to attend. I never was criticized on the internet for not playing better, but didn't have the perks that come with playing big time college hockey. You can't have it both ways.

Comment

Working...
                                X