Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Originally posted by all bear View Post
    I'm number 131, so safe for quite awhile. She must have been relatively low on the skank -o-meter.

cough, cough.....Verso Paper
    Is that your Priority #????

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
      Vermont has 4 tenders...........Maine 3......Is this a vote of confidence for your tenders?
      ?

Comment

Maine's penalty kill has been very good so far. They have killed off all 8 power plays and is a big improvement from last year. What is needed now is some offense to go with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          Maine's penalty kill has been very good so far. They have killed off all 8 power plays and is a big improvement from last year. What is needed now is some offense to go with it.
          Maine needs to get healthy. It's going to be tough keeping the PK up with Parker and Swavely out long term.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Yeah hockey on the tele tonight and tomorrow! Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am excited to finally see this team play. Been jonesing for hockey thats relevant to me for a LONG time!

Comment

The only thing worse than the maine power play this year is the WABI announcers. I cannot think of a more clueless pair. Calling Lomberg Lombard, mistaking Diamond for Shemansky, saying a player is on a breakaway as he takes a slapshot from the halfboards, having no idea who penalties are on and making random obvious statements left and right. Makes one glad to have Dan Hannigan on the radio.

Ok maybe not worse than the maine powerplay...but close.
              New Hampshire: only useful for connecting Maine to the rest of the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Pudge View Post
                The only thing worse than the maine power play this year is the WABI announcers. I cannot think of a more clueless pair. Calling Lomberg Lombard, mistaking Diamond for Shemansky, saying a player is on a breakaway as he takes a slapshot from the halfboards, having no idea who penalties are on and making random obvious statements left and right. Makes one glad to have Dan Hannigan on the radio.

Ok maybe not worse than the maine powerplay...but close.
                their old play-by-play guy took a job at his alma mater (providence) towards the end of last season... this guy is pretty green

Comment

I'm missing the game, on the road..what is going on? Are we really over matched this bad?

Comment

Is St. Lawrence supposed to be good this year?
                    National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                    Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                    Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                    two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                    b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                      Is St. Lawrence supposed to be good this year?
                      6th in the EZAC pre-season poll

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
                        I'm missing the game, on the road..what is going on? Are we really over matched this bad?
                        StLarry shot north of 20% for the game with three special team goals. I would hope that number will settle down tomorrow. And Maine did not skate well. Did not pass well. Seemed to have trouble in the dot. I don't think St. Lar looked good either. But they capitalized on their chances and were far and away the better team tonight.Youth and half speed practices. Tough for Tim to overcome, apparently.

Comment

How bad was Nick Pryor tonight...very slow with many turnovers.
                          Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            What is needed now is some offense to go with it.
                            good luck with that.

Comment

Thoughts from game:

16 and 10 on SLU are studs, but other than that talent level was similar. Simply put, SLU is better coached squad. Pucks on the tape on passes, good cycling, etc.

Also, I won't mention names, but players at the bars on nights before game shows a lack of commitment and a lack of respect for coaching staff and lack of pride for the tradition that is Maine hockey.

Also, Diamond doesn't have it without Flynn.

Comment

I was impressed with the play of rookie Lomberg who got a great shot off the left wing on goal in the third period with a St. Lawrence defender in his shirt and a great stop by their goalie on the shot upstairs. He stuck his nose in the defender’s face and drew a penalty after the shot.

Sully didn’t get a lot of help and taken out in the third for Morris who wasn’t tested much but looked solid. Ouellette didn’t dress for tonight’s game.

Diamond is trying to carry the team on his shoulders and needs to learn he just can’t do it all.

Comment

Working...
                                X